• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah. People have gotten used to it by now, so maybe that's why.
You've got to admit that the sudden change to All Riund was jarring in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

But you can't expect much from a rushed mediocre product. I just hope Camelot will give us far better product on the Switch.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Here's a fun little snippet of information that I just found in a list of rumours and myths about the Super Mario series;

Gunpei Yokoi is the creator of Wario and Daisy

Due to being by far the best-known personality of Nintendo's former Research & Development 1 department and his role as producer for many of their games, Gunpei Yokoi is often attributed as the sole creator of R&D1's franchises and characters up to his departure. As such, it is common for fans to credit the creation of the characters Wario and Princess Daisy, two of the main characters of R&D1's Super Mario Land games, to Yokoi.

In truth, Yokoi has never been credited as a character designer in any of the games he was involved with, and no report done during Yokoi's lifetime or modern interviews with former R&D1 staff stated he created any characters for R&D1's games.

Hiroji Kiyotake, director and graphic designer for Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, is the creator of Wario, as stated by multiple participants in a 2004 interview with the magazine Nintendo Dream; he is also credited as the original designer of Wario throughout the WarioWare series. While no specific creator has been attributed for Daisy, Satoru Okada (director of Super Mario Land) or Hirofumi Matsuoka and/or Masahiko Mashimo (graphic designers for the game) would be more likely candidates.
I've often heard the claims that Gunpei Yokoi created Daisy, and it's nice to know who the more likely candidates for creating her actually were. I wonder if we'll ever actually know?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Here's a fun little snippet of information that I just found in a list of rumours and myths about the Super Mario series;

I've often heard the claims that Gunpei Yokoi created Daisy, and it's nice to know who the more likely candidates for creating her actually were. I wonder if we'll ever actually know?
More Game Theories to crack. :troll:

At least we know that he had little to do with the creation of the character. The real question is what those few possible candidates do today or if they still work in Nintendo anymore.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
At least we know that he had little to do with the creation of the character. The real question is what those few possible candidates do today or if they still work in Nintendo anymore.
Satoru Okada is now retired, Hirofumi Matsuoka left and went over to Creatures, Inc., and Masahiko Mashimo is possibly still with Nintendo and has Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars as their last known credit on a game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Satoru Okada is now retired, Hirofumi Matsuoka left and went over to Creatures, Inc., and Masahiko Mashimo is possibly still with Nintendo and has Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars as their last known credit on a game.
Well ****, we will never know which one of them truly created Daisy while Yokoi gets the wrong credit.

If only Nintendo's PR could answer this question so that would be another mystery solved. I kind of want to know which one of them were resistible for her creation. Not that they would care about her usage as a spinoff character today.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If only Nintendo's PR could answer this question so that would be another mystery solved. I kind of want to know which one of them were resistible for her creation. Not that they would care about her usage as a spinoff character today.
Well, we can probably narrow it down by looking at what they did. We know what games they worked on - it should be possible, with enough study, to pick out their art-style in other projects.

It's not an ideal solution by any means, but it is the best clue we're ever likely to get. :laugh:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So you're telling me Daisy is actually a creepypasta? She just popped up one day in-game and no one knows how? Now THIS is a conspiracy I can get behind.
I can already see it now.

Daisy.EXE. The Hi I'm Daisy Curse. The Daisywoman Mythos. Daisy the Killer. Daisy Drowned. Super Mario Land Black Version. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can already see it now.

Daisy.EXE. The Hi I'm Daisy Curse. The Daisywoman Mythos. Daisy the Killer. Daisy Drowned. Super Mario Land Black Version. :troll:
So basically a bunch of dead irrelevant creepypasta with Daisy as the focus? Got it.

At least she don't give people jump scares or seizures with her existence.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
You've got to admit that the sudden change to All Riund was jarring in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

But you can't expect much from a rushed mediocre product. I just hope Camelot will give us far better product on the Switch.
I really hope they get their act together and bring us quality sports games like they did in the NGC era.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
No Mario sports game has ever topped Mario Power Tennis since it was released. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 however got quite close. Its the special shots, they give these games something amazing.
Mario Power Tennis is one of the best Mario sports games ever made, only falling behind the Mario Karts.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unless we take the hater's accounts of massive ear bleeding as fact.
So practically the Lavender Town Syndrome, but with Daisy's voice?

Mario Power Tennis is one of the best Mario sports games ever made, only falling behind the Mario Karts.
This. People say that I'm crazy or anyone for that matter for saying this "because its nostalgia". But that's a fact, Mario Power Tennis always trumps whatever Tennis game that Camelot shells out today. Yes, even Open is child's play in comparison.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You want to know the best part? Ultra Trash flopped hard and got the mediocre reviews it deserved. It's one of those cases where I know that Nintendo can make garbage and give it out expecting big bucks.

At least some people got the picture that it's not worth he full probably price like busting Animal Crossing Amiibo just to play a disappointment like Amiibo Party. Because not accepting the fact that Nintendo can make subpar games once in a while is what get's you callled a Nintendrone. Not even seeing HD artwork of your favorite Mario character redeemed that travesty.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You want to know the best part? Ultra Trash flopped hard and got the mediocre reviews it deserved. It's one of those cases where I know that Nintendo can make garbage and give it out expecting big bucks.

At least some people got the picture that it's not worth he full probably price like busting Animal Crossing Amiibo just to play a disappointment like Amiibo Party. Because not accepting the fact that Nintendo can make subpar games once in a while is what get's you callled a Nintendrone. Not even seeing HD artwork of your favorite Mario character redeemed that travesty.
The best thing you can say of the game is only talking hypotheticals. Namely at least they've go the HD models ready for a proper attempt on the Switch.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The best thing you can say of the game is only talking hypotheticals. Namely at least they've go the HD models ready for a proper attempt on the Switch.
We can only hope that Camelot get's their act together and make a proper Tennis game flwith the same models. Or just make even better one.

Create better gimmick courses, expand the roster, no more Mega Mushrooms, and try getting a better soundtrack. They would have to learn from their last mistake to avoid another Wii U tier flop.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Not even playable Rosalina redeemed Ultra Smash. I wonder how Sports Superstars is doing.
The amount of people telling them "this **** sucks, make it like Power Tennis" should be impossible to ignore by now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not even playable Rosalina redeemed Ultra Smash. I wonder how Sports Superstars is doing.
The amount of people telling them "this **** sucks, make it like Power Tennis" should be impossible to ignore by now.
Just as long as they don't bring back that aggravating painting mini-game, that would be fine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sports Superstars is doing just as badly. Many people say that the games are even more watered down from Mario Sports Mix and the roster was nothing special (with is no surprise when Nintendo is shoving the metal clones down our throats).

I had some hopes for the game, but even Inwouldn't get it out of a bargain in.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Sports Superstars is doing just as badly. Many people say that the games are even more watered down from Mario Sports Mix and the roster was nothing special (with is no surprise when Nintendo is shoving the metal clones down our throats).

I had some hopes for the game, but even Inwouldn't get it out of a bargain in.
Ah the metal clones are fine, they're easy to implement and they've infamous now. We'll likely see them as last-minute additions to every spin-off from now on.
Shame about them failing to learn from the mistakes of the past though, especially since it was spelled out to them continuously.

PF9

Smash Lord
If Daisy were to become playable, her moves could come from the various sports games she's appeared in as suggested by many.

Luminario

Smash Lord
If the situation pops up where Daisy does in fact become a Luigified version of Peach, what do you think would stay the same? Fair and dair and ones I would really like to see sticking around, as would dsmash and dtilt. I'd also like to see the startup to dash attack be the same, only for Daisy to fall on her face (I've got my claws in this tripping idea and I'm not gonna let it go)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If the situation pops up where Daisy does in fact become a Luigified version of Peach, what do you think would stay the same? Fair and dair and ones I would really like to see sticking around, as would dsmash and dtilt. I'd also like to see the startup to dash attack be the same, only for Daisy to fall on her face (I've got my claws in this tripping idea and I'm not gonna let it go)
I can attest to this. Just replace the moves that wouldn't fit at all, either with new attacks or something different. As long as they reflect her personality.

I still believe moves like the Toad and Vegetable don't fit her at all. Same thing goes for the Parasol too despite most bringing up that old Mario Party 3 artwork.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I can attest to this. Just replace the moves that wouldn't fit at all, either with new attacks or something different. As long as they reflect her personality.

I still believe moves like the Toad and Vegetable don't fit her at all. Same thing goes for the Parasol too despite most bringing up that old Mario Party 3 artwork.
I feel that bair should be replaced with a ZSS style kick, jab with 2 punches, and uair and utilt with Peach's old Melee moves. Should something be done with s smash or will we just stick with what it is but reverse the order?
For specials, Toad and Veggie have to go, maybe to be replaced by Superball and a Flower Mine attack? Parasol and Bomber don't exactly suit Daisy but they aren't THAT out of character, I'd still like up B to be a windbox petal tornado attack. Maybe side B a baseball/tennis Flower Shot reflector?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I feel that bair should be replaced with a ZSS style kick, jab with 2 punches, and uair and utilt with Peach's old Melee moves. Should something be done with s smash or will we just stick with what it is but reverse the order?
For specials, Toad and Veggie have to go, maybe to be replaced by Superball and a Flower Mine attack? Parasol and Bomber don't exactly suit Daisy but they aren't THAT out of character, I'd still like up B to be a windbox petal tornado attack. Maybe side B a baseball/tennis Flower Shot reflector?
Some old Melee moves would definitely suit her. I can agree with that.

The windbox is addition to the Umbrella would be a great idea. And having the Flower Shot be a good reflection move idea would be great. Did you get that idea from the Daisy (Baseball) Smash Tour item?

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Some old Melee moves would definitely suit her. I can agree with that.

The windbox is addition to the Umbrella would be a great idea. And having the Flower Shot be a good reflection move idea would be great. Did you get that idea from the Daisy (Baseball) Smash Tour item?
Nah I was getting nothing for a side B for awhile until I thought of other iconic Daisy abilities and how her flower power moves are usually in games where you hit things back.
In case y'all wanted to know this is where the windbox up B idea came from
I was thinking of it more working like Daisy summons a field of flowers around her (around 4 Daisys in diameter) then half a second later rises in a flurry of petals. Just a windbox with the parasol also works too if they don't want to go that far with the uncloning.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
whenever i think of what Daisy's moveset would be, for some reason my brain always goes to Mario Party type stuff. Mostly to do with the spaces.
Like she can have a Fox side-B kinda dash thing that spawns a strip of move space things behind her for her Opponents to step on or have to avoid. It can have some RNG elements to it Like Red spaces being most likely, then spring spaces (these even exist still? lol) then a bowser space being least likely and do the most damage. then blue spaces that heal your Opponents Kappa.

I'd be fine with her being a semi clone of Peach if that means having infinite soccer balls for the turnips slot.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
whenever i think of what Daisy's moveset would be, for some reason my brain always goes to Mario Party type stuff. Mostly to do with the spaces.
Like she can have a Fox side-B kinda dash thing that spawns a strip of move space things behind her for her Opponents to step on or have to avoid. It can have some RNG elements to it Like Red spaces being most likely, then spring spaces (these even exist still? lol) then a bowser space being least likely and do the most damage. then blue spaces that heal your Opponents Kappa.

I'd be fine with her being a semi clone of Peach if that means having infinite soccer balls for the turnips slot.
Hey welcome back and I even added your back too. Good to see another old face.

About the Mario Party idea, not many have really thought of it before. The RNG elements could bode well for that type of moveset. Leaving a trail of spaces sounds like it has potential for some trapping, though most air fighters can easily avoid them. Most would go for the Dice Cube, but having her manipulate spaces would be better.

Infinite soccer balls you say? Better nerf Greninja. :troll:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hey welcome back and I even added your back too. Good to see another old face.

About the Mario Party idea, not many have really thought of it before. The RNG elements could bode well for that type of moveset. Leaving a trail of spaces sounds like it has potential for some trapping, though most air fighters can easily avoid them. Most would go for the Dice Cube, but having her manipulate spaces would be better.

Infinite soccer balls you say? Better nerf Greninja. :troll:
ohh yeeeeah. Hiya~
Yeah traps is exactly what i imagined, imagine ish like that by the ledge? But yoooo the dice block would be neat. Either as just a Peach-esque utilt or another RNG type special move ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Like for her down-B She spawns the dice block and you choose when to hit it, and whatever number it lands on is the time you have a status effect for. (probably a speed boost or something) But im not sure if i'd want only Marty Party moves. But just seems the most....neat.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
ohh yeeeeah. Hiya~
Yeah traps is exactly what i imagined, imagine ish like that by the ledge? But yoooo the dice block would be neat. Either as just a Peach-esque utilt or another RNG type special move ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Like for her down-B She spawns the dice block and you choose when to hit it, and whatever number it lands on is the time you have a status effect for. (probably a speed boost or something) But im not sure if i'd want only Marty Party moves. But just seems the most....neat.
Yeah, one little Mario Party move doesn't hurt. But making Mario Party the whole focus seems a bit eh.

The space idea is something I like the most. Not many fighters have a move like that before. Especially leveling spaces that give you different effects. I'd imagine that they would be as annoying as the Smash Tour items.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And I apologize for my lack of inactivity, this is due to me feeling unwell due to a certain meal I ate Tuesday morning and was making me feel just weird and making me feel without any disposition of login in, but I have gotten it out of the way for the most part, and I am better now. In terms of the current topic, all I ask is that Camelot gets its act together again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I apologize for my lack of inactivity, this is due to me feeling unwell due to a certain meal I ate Tuesday morning and was making me feel just weird and making me feel without any disposition of login in, but I have gotten it out of the way for the most part, and I am better now. In terms of the current topic, all I ask is that Camelot gets its act together again.
Other than the same old April Tomfoolery (like fake Nintendo Direct reveals), we proably have until E3 for now to know if Camelot have any projects for the Switch.

If it's not going to be a Golden Sun (which is unlikely given their level of adamancy), it's likely another Mario game (likely Tennis). I can see that selling some copies if they know what they are doing this time. Maybe add more Amiibo functionality for the new Super Mario series additions that we have.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Other than the same old April Tomfoolery (like fake Nintendo Direct reveals), we proably have until E3 for now to know if Camelot have any projects for the Switch.

If it's not going to be a Golden Sun (which is unlikely given their level of adamancy), it's likely another Mario game (likely Tennis). I can see that selling some copies if they know what they are doing this time. Maybe add more Amiibo functionality for the new Super Mario series additions that we have.
This is why, at least in April, everything that is said regarding video games, unless confirmed by official sources, I take it with a grain of salt. And a properly advertised and developed Golden Sun is what Camelot needs aside from the redeeming sports game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Happy April Fools!

I took the liberty to rebrand the "Daisy for Smash" Twitter account into a "Daisy Duck Corner" featuring fashion, culture and relationship tips from Daisy Duck herself.

This is gonna be a great day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Happy April Fools!

I took the liberty to rebrand the "Daisy for Smash" Twitter account into a "Daisy Duck Corner" featuring fashion, culture and relationship tips from Daisy Duck herself.

This is gonna be a great day.
Now this I need to see.

Meanwhile, I'm Knuckles and I have a bone to pick with a certain koala for talking **** about me.

And my new headcanon is that Knuckles is Daisy's long lost sister. She makes crystals and they both punch. And they are hotheaded characters. It all makes sense.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now this I need to see.

Meanwhile, I'm Knuckles and I have a bone to pick with a certain koala for talking **** about me.

And my new headcanon is that Knuckles is Daisy's long lost sister. She makes crystals and they both punch. And they are hotheaded characters. It all makes sense.
Game Theory: Is Knuckles The Long Lost Brother of Daisy?

You can crush me later. :p

HanAmes

Smash Ace
ohh yeeeeah. Hiya~
The way you imagined Daisy sounds like a character that shares some similarities with Game & Watch and Snake. I DO agree that we should use a Daisy where she's most prominent in...Sports and Party Games.

I've been thinking that her 'A' moves can be her tough, tomboy stuff, while her 'B' moves can be her sport/dice block shenanigans. The thing is, I just don't want Daisy to be just another vanilla character. I want her to have a certain gimmick to her style, like how Shulk, Cloud, Little Mac, etc has, and the idea with the dice blocks seems pretty plausible, as it can grant her some random / unpredictable options, and possibly even give her some burst movement options. So she seems like an interesting character already; just adding my thoughts to it since I can identify with it...

...or if all else fails, just luigify her. OH, and long time no see, guys!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The way you imagined Daisy sounds like a character that shares some similarities with Game & Watch and Snake. I DO agree that we should use a Daisy where she's most prominent in...Sports and Party Games.

I've been thinking that her 'A' moves can be her tough, tomboy stuff, while her 'B' moves can be her sport/dice block shenanigans. The thing is, I just don't want Daisy to be just another vanilla character. I want her to have a certain gimmick to her style, like how Shulk, Cloud, Little Mac, etc has, and the idea with the dice blocks seems pretty plausible, as it can grant her some random / unpredictable options, and possibly even give her some burst movement options. So she seems like an interesting character already; just adding my thoughts to it since I can identify with it...

...or if all else fails, just luigify her. OH, and long time no see, guys!
Hello Han-Ames? How were you?

We are just sitting here waiting for Smash Switch to be a thing. Even if Daisy will have yet another small role again, we will be fine with it.

Don't get your hopes high on that last mystery Smash series Amiibo being a new character. Let's just say that the bias is still real with a certain series.

Top Bottom