• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Super Mario Run is why Daisy finally got in Smash? :confused:

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/03/3...d-using-nintendo-characters-with-heavy-metal/

Someone asked for Daisy for Smash Bros 2 (Melee) and Sakurai said she hasn't really been in any new games (even though her recent games at the time were Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3).

Daisy has been in dozens of new games between Melee and SSB4 but they didn't get her in Smash... but as soon she finally gets in a new main Mario game, she gets in Smash.

Daisy in Smash Bros 2.png

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Echo Fighter or not, I'm super-stoked that Princess Daisy:ultdaisy: is finally in Smash! I find flower-patterned Smash dress a majestic sight!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/03/3...d-using-nintendo-characters-with-heavy-metal/

Someone asked for Daisy for Smash Bros 2 (Melee) and Sakurai said she hasn't really been in any new games (even though her recent games at the time were Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3).

Daisy has been in dozens of new games between Melee and SSB4 but they didn't get her in Smash... but as soon she finally gets in a new main Mario game, she gets in Smash.

View attachment 149659
IDK entirely if that's the case much. Still feels like they added her in through easy implementation, probably after noting Daisy's loving fanbase around the world, and exploring her similarities to Peach to realizing just how easily they could please people with the already established mold set off by Lucina and Dark Pit being such"pure-blood clones" in Smash - hence why they now decided to term this breed of characters as "Echo Fighters".

Bit of a theory, but hey.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
IDK entirely if that's the case much. Still feels like they added her in through easy implementation, probably after noting Daisy's loving fanbase around the world, and exploring her similarities to Peach to realizing just how easily they could please people with the already established mold set off by Lucina and Dark Pit being such"pure-blood clones" in Smash.

I'm 95% sure Daisy wouldn't have gotten in if they gave Dark Pit and Lucina their own unique movesets, because then there'd be little to no footing for Echo Characters. It was rather easy to include her, since she has a similar build to Peach, so they did, not that it's a bad thing at all. Daisy is really popular in Japan, apparently, so the fanbase probably had a lot to do with her inclusion, even if this is how we got her.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bit of a theory...A GAME THEORY!!!!
Thanks for Watching

View attachment 149659
Waluigi now knows how he can finally join Smash as a playable character

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
IDK entirely if that's the case much. Still feels like they added her in through easy implementation, probably after noting Daisy's loving fanbase around the world, and exploring her similarities to Peach to realizing just how easily they could please people with the already established mold set off by Lucina and Dark Pit being such"pure-blood clones" in Smash - hence why they now decided to term this breed of characters as "Echo Fighters".

A game.... No wait, Matt is not always reliable. Anyway, what color swaps do you think she'll have, I don't know why, but I am kinda hoping she gets a Rosa-themed color scheme.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
A game.... No wait, Matt is not always reliable. Anyway, what color swaps do you think she'll have, I don't know why, but I am kinda hoping she gets a Rosa-themed color scheme.
We know there'll be her current outfit and a white outfit, so there's 6 left to guess at.

I'm gonna say her outfits mirror Peach's, however disappointing and uninteresting that is. I main Pac-Man, so I'm kinda used to disappointing alts. So: Blue, Red, Green, another White (with red highlights, which is shown on Peach in that image above), Black/Gold-yellow, and a Peach-themed alt to match Peach's Daisy-themed alt.

It'd be really nice if she had an outfit that gave her the Strikers Gear (That's how I wanted her to appear in Smash, anyway), but that's not very realistic. Many moves (Down Smash especially) would have to be reanimated, and a few hitboxes wouldn't make sense.
And however trivial it sounds, it'd be fun to have an alt or two that gave her that sometimes-returning tan (It's shown up once or twice recently, but she's normally just a bit lighter than Peach). I just think she looks nice with it, but y'know, I wouldn't really care if it didn't appear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would like a teal-colored costume, which is her secondary color scheme. I believe she donned that color in Mario Strikers Charged.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't relate me to that creep of a "theorist" ya'll. :laugh:

I would like a teal-colored costume, which is her secondary color scheme. I believe she donned that color in Mario Strikers Charged.
It'd look really good on her - would use that alternate color with a heartbeat~

In anycase, I really hope she doesn't necessarily copy most alts from Peach like Almand Almand is speculating. Would be kind of underwhelming to me when looking at Lucina's alt. colors that seem to have more inspiration.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
In anycase, I really hope she doesn't necessarily copy most alts from Peach like Almand Almand is speculating. Would be kind of underwhelming to me when looking at Lucina's alt. colors that seem to have more inspiration.
I certainly hope she doesn't get boring alts. Lucina's a good example, all her colors are based on other Fire Emblem characters. That'd be really boring, frankly, but alts are kind of a mixed bag. They can be as thought-out as Lucina or Megaman, or as disappointing as Ganon or Pac-Man.

I'd love if she got some outfits based on other Mario characters. The Peach alt is sort of a given, but a blue dress and blonde hair (Rosa), or a red dress and darker brown hair (Pauline) would be great. Just to have a little more variety than, say, Sonic, who only slightly changes his fur color to "mirror" other characters in his franchise.
A few more colors could represent her other games, like green and orange from Srikers Charged. Maybe an alt that gives her the classic dress she usually appears in, her Super Mario Land appearance (whether the in-game black and white, or the manual's artwork of her), or even the shorter dress-skirt from NES Open Golf (though that'd interfere with a few animations).

I don't expect her to just copy from Peach, I just don't see why Sakurai would go that route, but it's an unfortunate possibility.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
She really shouldn't copy Peach with her alts. Their dresses are similar enough. I don't want matches where only their hair can be used to tell them apart. If Peach's Daisy alt returns, the confusion would be even worse. Man I wish Daisy had the shorts.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
She really shouldn't copy Peach with her alts. Their dresses are similar enough. I don't want matches where only their hair can be used to tell them apart. If Peach's Daisy alt returns, the confusion would be even worse. Man I wish Daisy had the shorts.
We'll have to see if you get your shorts, but try not to get your hopes up too much. Just like I'm not expecting her Strikers Gear. She's a clone of Peach; they're probably not gonna spend an extra month or two reanimating several moves just to put Daisy in her Sports outfit.

Her hair isn't the only defining feature of Daisy, by the way... Her crown, brooch, gloves, earrings, face shape, build, eye shape/size, eyelashes, eyebrows, dress design, and the obvious voice and (probably) a few animations are also different.

Besides, Peach's Daisy alt looks nothing like Daisy (at least in Smash 4) aside from orange-ish hair and a yelllow/orange dress. You really think you're gonna have trouble distinguishing this from this?

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
We'll have to see if you get your shorts, but try not to get your hopes up too much. Just like I'm not expecting her Strikers Gear. She's a clone of Peach; they're probably not gonna spend an extra month or two reanimating several moves just to put Daisy in her Sports outfit.

Her hair isn't the only defining feature of Daisy, by the way... Her crown, brooch, gloves, earrings, face shape, build, eye shape/size, eyelashes, eyebrows, dress design, and the obvious voice and (probably) a few animations are also different.

Besides, Peach's Daisy alt looks nothing like Daisy (at least in Smash 4) aside from orange-ish hair and a yelllow/orange dress. You really think you're gonna have trouble distinguishing this from this?
It could be harder to distinguish them on big stages like the Great Cave Offensive where they can be far enough away that the camera would be zoomed out. You would need player markers turned on or really good eyes and a good HD screen to tell who's who.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
It could be harder to distinguish them on big stages like the Great Cave Offensive where they can be far enough away that the camera would be zoomed out. You would need player markers turned on or really good eyes and a good HD screen to tell who's who.
Just like it'd be hard to distinguish between Mario and Luigi, Lucina and Marth, Pit and Dark Pit, or even Kirby and Pac-Man if they have the same color outfit, which is trivial at best. You're right, but that's a pretty specific instance that'll never show up in conpetitive play. We'll probably be able to distinguish them just fine on practically any other stage, but who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Pit's Dark Pit alt was removed for Smash 4. Luigi doesn't have Mario's red outfit and Mario's green outfit has brown overalls, plus Mario is noticeably shorter than Luigi. Lucina has longer boots and hair than Marth. And Kirby and Pac-Man look totally different. Though I guess you can tell Peach's yellow alt apart from Daisy, it would make sense to remove Peach's Daisy alt because the Dark Pit alt was removed when he was introduced and back in Melee, Peach's alt was even more like Daisy with details from Daisy's dress that aren't present in her other skins.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Pit's Dark Pit alt was removed for Smash 4. Luigi doesn't have Mario's red outfit and Mario's green outfit has brown overalls, plus Mario is noticeably shorter than Luigi. Lucina has longer boots and hair than Marth. And Kirby and Pac-Man look totally different. Though I guess you can tell Peach's yellow alt apart from Daisy, it would make sense to remove Peach's Daisy alt because the Dark Pit alt was removed when he was introduced and back in Melee, Peach's alt was even more like Daisy with details from Daisy's dress that aren't present in her other skins.

No, Pit's Dark Pit costume wasn't removed. It was altered slightly.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Nah, it was replaced with a different black costume. I mean, his wings aren't even black anymore.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I really want Daisy to have an entirely monochrome costume (SML reference) and a Rosalina costume. I think the blonde hair and blue dress would be a fun and pretty look to play as from time to time.

I hope Peach doesn’t have the daisy alt

From far away they look similar. As a daisy fan yes this is the case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of the arguments of costumes looking too similar became invalid once Cloud entered the scene. Just saying.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
All of the arguments of costumes looking too similar became invalid once Cloud entered the scene. Just saying.
Umm... Who did Cloud look like? Because I'm pretty sure he's the only spiky yellow haired guy with a big sword. And half of his costumes gave him a jacket that the other alts didn't. How did Cloud invalidate the point about costumes being too similar?

D

Deleted member

Umm... Who did Cloud look like? Because I'm pretty sure he's the only spiky yellow haired guy with a big sword. And half of his costumes gave him a jacket that the other alts didn't. How did Cloud invalidate the point about costumes being too similar?
Because I can't tell any of his alternate colors apart when in the middle of a match, save perhaps between the classic and Advent Children.
Look at this! It's ridiculous!

The issue is exacerbated in team battles when two or more clouds have their limit gauge full, because then they're both glowing blue, covering up whatever team color they would normally be highlighted with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
(Checks Cloud's costumes)
Oh, you're right. The colors are similar. Well, I'd prefer having a match between different characters anyway because having the same character in a match makes me wonder if there's an imposter, clone, time travel, or how it's possible in-universe.

D

Deleted member

(Checks Cloud's costumes)
Oh, you're right. The colors are similar. Well, I'd prefer having a match between different characters anyway because having the same character in a match makes me wonder if there's an imposter, clone, time travel, or how it's possible in-universe.
Well when you're playing with others online that's not something you can always control. And of course, nothing in Smash Bros. is meant to take place in a real universe anyway--that's why in every single installment the fighters are shown to actually be dolls or figurines coming to life. ;)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I'm busy with studies, but I'm happy to say: Daisy is in Smash Bros!
I like it, I didn't expect it at all in the E3. The haters are ignored.
Waiting for more news than what seems to be the best Smash Bros.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Even if she got in a way I didn't want, I'm still happy to see Daisy in Smash. I might even main her in Ultimate since she's my current main in Mario spinoffs.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
ROSES.png

"W-Wait...you mean like Rosa as in...Rosalina?...or rosa as in pink or...or...as in red rose...? Please tell me you mean the second to last one...I don't want something similar like the color scheme joke they pulled off with me and that Charizard..."

xD I'm not against it, it would be funny to see Daisy and Rosa swapping colors! Even if Ridley isn't so sure!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Since I am a Peach main I will have no problem picking up Daisy as my main.
I actually won’t use Peach anymore lol

It would be cool to play as her in tournaments so I’m practicing hard.

Also even though she is almost entirely like Peach, I think her individuality will surely shine through cause of her voice and animations.

Because I can't tell any of his alternate colors apart when in the middle of a match, save perhaps between the classic and Advent Children.
Look at this! It's ridiculous!

The issue is exacerbated in team battles when two or more clouds have their limit gauge full, because then they're both glowing blue, covering up whatever team color they would normally be highlighted with.
Omg you’re right I cannot tell them apart. They all look alike

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Pff, so young- we had that problem ever since Sonic in Brawl.
View attachment 150427
What? You didn't pay attention to his obvious bracelets? I mained Sonic in Brawl and Smash Wii U and I didn't get confused when I had to fight another Sonic. And besides, his fur has a different tint. Oh and look at his shoes. Yep, the different Sonics should be as distinguishable as the different Luigis. The only people to have that problem with Sonic have to be colorblind.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
What? You didn't pay attention to his obvious bracelets? I mained Sonic in Brawl and Smash Wii U and I didn't get confused when I had to fight another Sonic. And besides, his fur has a different tint. Oh and look at his shoes. Yep, the different Sonics should be as distinguishable as the different Luigis. The only people to have that problem with Sonic have to be colorblind.
It's the same as Pac-Man, basically.

Sure, they're changes, and they're noticeable (especially Oven Mitts), but they're not as all-encompassing as something like Donkey Kong, Kirby, Wario, or Mega Man, where a large majority (if not all) of the character gains a different color, some even adding entirely new bits (like the headwear on Pikachu or Jigglypuff).
Change his body up a little more, make one of them TURN-TO-BLUE, make some alts for Ms. Pac-Man, more varied decals on his gloves/boots, even add Professor Pac-Man, for crying out loud! Just, please, not Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. Anything but that.

(To screech this off-road post back on track) Daisy too, I hope, has plenty of unique outfits like that, whether or not there are little touches like different brooch/hair/glove color that Peach doesn't really get aside from her Daisy alt. The white wedding dress is fun, sure, but I don't want her to just be a carbon-copy of Peach so in-depth that she has the exact same recolors.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to pull this back off topic, but one of my biggest disappointments with the Smash Bros. games in general is the serious lack of true alternate costumes. There are a few these days, and maybe Sakurai just thinks the characters are too small on screen for anyone to have to put in the effort, but I still haven't recovered to this day from witnessing the Fierce Deity Link recolor, which isn't even accurate with its colors. Compare to Hyrule Warriors, which gives you a full on costume for Fierce Deity Link, as well as playing as Young Link who turns into the real thing. Aaaaand there's all the Samus recolors which really should be the actual suits.
Bringing it back to Daisy, a lot of people were hoping for her in her sports outfit or even her Mario Strikers outfit, which would be neat. I would even pay DLC for such costumes but so far Sakurai doesn't seem to think anyone wants that.

Addendum: Oh, and then it bugs me that Sakurai sets these arbitrary constraints, such as starting with Smash 4, all characters needed exactly 8 costumes. It makes sense to make sure every character has at least 8 for 8-player Smash, but then he actually has cut costumes so that they absolutely do not have more than 8, but then he goes ahead and breaks this rule with Little Mac who has 16. o.O ??!???!!!!? asldfkjdaskljdfas I don't understand. Sorry for the rant

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
View attachment 150248
"W-Wait...you mean like Rosa as in...Rosalina?...or rosa as in pink or...or...as in red rose...? Please tell me you mean the second to last one...I don't want something similar like the color scheme joke they pulled off with me and that Charizard..."

xD I'm not against it, it would be funny to see Daisy and Rosa swapping colors! Even if Ridley isn't so sure!
Yes, that's what I meant, a Rosalina color scheme.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think of the two, I'll play as Daisy more. I really hope she says "Hi. I'm Daisy" during her entrance. I do think there was enough material out there to build a unique moveset.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
In the light that I had Daisy in my top 5 list back then, and even was ok with her being a clone/echo fighter of Peach. I have but one petition.
By all means, RECORD SOME NEW LINES. I can agree with her having "Hi, Im Daisy!" since Daisy mains are gonna spam that line if possible anyways. But after some time with Mario Tennis Aces, I can't believe Im listening to the same "WHOAOAOA!" I listened back in Mario Kart Wii. Im sure she is smarter than that and not just Crash Bandicoot in a dress.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Don't relate me to that creep of a "theorist" ya'll. :laugh:

It'd look really good on her - would use that alternate color with a heartbeat~

One is confirmed to be the same as Peach's, I hope she gets her own unique ones.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to all you Daisy fans that had your dream come true :D
I never really pushed for her inclusion. but now that she's here I'm totally down for it. I know a few woman in my life who will be quite happy to play her when the game is out.

But I gotta say one of my favorite things to come out of this reveal, is all the fan art showing Ridley and Daisy hanging out and celebrating together xD

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Does anyone find it a weird coincidence that Daisy was announced the same day as Ridley and the actress who plays Rey in the new Star Wars movies is named Daisy Ridley?

Top Bottom