• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
The only alt we've seen is the same white dress that Peach has, so maybe. That's actually how I wanted to see her in-game, so I sure hope it comes to fruition. At the same time, though, it might interfere with a few animations. We'll just have to see.
Yeah it could interfere with some animations. Would she be holding her shorts up when she runs? That could lead to some awkward "gangsta" jokes.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it could interfere with some animations. Would she be holding her shorts up when she runs? That could lead to some awkward "gangsta" jokes.
Yeah, her run, case in point. Peach holds up her dress, and Daisy probably does the same. So unless Daisy gets an actual run, she's just gonna hold her hands in fists a few inches from her shorts. For one of her taunts (Or maybe idle animations?) she puts her hands on her hips, which wouldn't really work if she didn't have the poofy dress on.

I'm not sure if they'd fix stuff like that just for a costume (Much less for an Echo character's costume), so I hate to say it, but we probably won't get Strikers Gear. :/

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I was asking for the tennis gear, not Strikers. But they made her dress a more realistic style which makes me wonder how her shorts would look in that style? Well, that's what fanart is for anyway. And while Smash Ultimate is promoting the "Everyone is Here" thing to please the fans, not everyone is going to be pleased. If this game gets DLC costumes or more likely if we wait for the next game after Ultimate, maybe we could see her tennis outfit. I'm not really digging the outfit that copies Peach from Brawl.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just wanted to give you a (rather late) congratulations!

I know Daisy fans have gone through a ****, but it must have felt great to see her pop-up in the Direct.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I was asking for the tennis gear, not Strikers. But they made her dress a more realistic style which makes me wonder how her shorts would look in that style? Well, that's what fanart is for anyway. And while Smash Ultimate is promoting the "Everyone is Here" thing to please the fans, not everyone is going to be pleased. If this game gets DLC costumes or more likely if we wait for the next game after Ultimate, maybe we could see her tennis outfit. I'm not really digging the outfit that copies Peach from Brawl.
Honestly, I'd prefer that over the dress, too. I love the dress, and the details they added are incredible, but I think Daisy just looks better in the Strikers/Sports gear. I personally think it's just because she's an Echo. If she was a unique (probably Mario Sports-based) character, she'd have been in her Tennis or Strikers outfit, likely tweaked with the usual Smash style. But because she's a clone, her dress was made to match Peach so the animations would mesh a little better.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think it's unlikely. Daisy and Peach's down smash uses the edge of their dresses to show the hitbox along with bair, Peach/Daisy Bomber, and maybe back throw still using the puffy bell shape of the dress to attack.
I believe it has been shown before that the dress has zero effect on either the hurtbox and hitbox.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I believe it has been shown before that the dress has zero effect on either the hurtbox and hitbox.
Some moves would still look completely off without the dress. Peach and Daisy are designed (in Smash) with the dress in mind.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Jab can stay the same [SAME]
Forward Tilt could revert to the Melee version to show more leg [ANIMATION]
Down Tilt I'd prefer to be changed to a kick [CHANGE]
Up Tilt MUST be the Melee version, it suits Daisy too much [CHANGE]
Dash Attack can stay the same, but I prefer a belly lunge/slide kick [CHANGE]

[Clone Rating: 1.5/5 to 2/5]

Forward Smash could change, but would probably stay the same idea with a different weapon [ANIMATION]
Up Smash could stay the same, I prefer a punch with the same animation [ANIMATION}
Down Smash should stay the same. [SAME]

[Clone Rating: 2/3]

Neutral Air could be more energetic [ANIMATION]
Forward Air could be a slam dunk with the crown [ANINATION]
Up Air could revert to the Melee version [CHANGE]
Back Air could stay the same [SAME]
Down Air could be changed to a single kick to accomodate for the lack of float [CHANGE]

[Clone Rating: 2/5]

Grabs and throws can stay the same, maybe change some slaps into punches
[Clone Rating: 4.5/5] (If changing Forward Throw's Animation]

Neutral Special can't be Toad. Could be a flower with the same effect, but with pollen [ANIMATION]
Side B can be the Daisy Bomber custom [ANIMATION]
Up B can be Flower Glider [ANIMATION]
Down B can't be Vegetable. Should probably be changed altogether [CHANGE]
Final Smash must be different [CHANGE]

[Clone Rating:1.5/5]
Cool to see how I thought a Daisy clone moveset would work. I really thought she wouldn't float, but for the rest i didn't think Peach's moves were farfetched for Daisy

PF9

Smash Lord
I'm glad Daisy got in, I was hoping she'd be more unique though, with her moves based on her appearances in Mario sports games.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I still wish they didn't use the Echo Fighter brand to introduce Daisy. That was not how I wanted Daisy to be in Smash. Lucina was the only character I wanted as an "Echo Fighter." Daisy should have her shorts on and play differently from Peach. That was the condition of me wanting her in. But no, she's just a costume of Peach getting separated into her own character.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I still wish they didn't use the Echo Fighter brand to introduce Daisy. That was not how I wanted Daisy to be in Smash. Lucina was the only character I wanted as an "Echo Fighter." Daisy should have her shorts on and play differently from Peach. That was the condition of me wanting her in. But no, she's just a costume of Peach getting separated into her own character.
Exactly. But, at the same time, she's in the game. Would you prefer her to be an Assist Trophy? I assume not. We just have to be glad that we have the tiniest of steps forward. Who says the next game won't have Daisy in her sports outfit, and a completely revamped moveset? We don't even know if she'll be changed. For all we know, Sakurai pulled the ultimate bamboozle and will reveal a completely unique Daisy at launch.

It's disappointing, we all know that, but just be happy that we got Daisy in the game at all. That's more than can be said for most characters people wanted, so far.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Maybe her animations could still work with shorts? If she has Peach's animation holding her skirt, that could look silly in shorts, but I haven't seen her dash animation yet. Her high kick would look so much better with shorts and more modest. Her float would be really hot. Her Daisy Bomber would be the sexiest move in the game. Yeah, I think most of Peach's moves would still work fine with sporty Daisy. And the ones that don't work can be changed to fit Daisy.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Thought I'd just post my congratulations on you guys getting Daisy into Smash. I have a soft spot for her as Super Mario Land was my first ever game I ever played and Daisy was the main princess from that one, so I've always found her awesome.

Y'know though, if you look at it in a different way, if more people play Daisy, it'll just be like Peach was the Echo Fighter all along.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never expected Princess Daisy to ever make the playable cut, but congrats to the flower princess.

With that said, I did set up an MMD image in response to this unexpected surprise.

Credits can be found here.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I got a idea for Daisy down b she could pull party dice from Mario Party
OMG THAT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD

Like she could pull the dice, and the power of the dice could depend on the number she pulls? Like how when Peach pulls a turnip the power varies based on its size I think? Woowowowowwowowow I wanna see this happen!!!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly just that one change and switching toad to a SML enemy would do wonders for Daisy, I hope that (even if the chances are low) that those two things actually happen

maaaaaan i never knew how much I wanted Daisy until she was confirmed :joyful:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
OMG THAT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD

Like she could pull the dice, and the power of the dice could depend on the number she pulls? Like how when Peach pulls a turnip the power varies based on its size I think? Woowowowowwowowow I wanna see this happen!!!
I know I thought of it yesterday I hope Sakurai do that Daisy dont pull a turnip in her own games plus it will be cool reference to the Mario Party franchise.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'm still hoping that the other significant others in the Mario franchise (Birdo, Dixie and Candy) make it in as DLC at least. We all know Daisy is Luigi's girl and Peach is Mario's.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I forgot to say this when she got in, but, congrats. Daisy is now playable in Smash.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I'm really happy she's in, it's about time to include her.
Perfect fit as an echo, looking forward to see how she plays compared to Peach...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Man, I so hope her sports outfit could get in as a costume. Daisy may have to get a different dash animation than Peach for that costume to work. But she ran the same way in Super Mario Run.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
As more days passed by since the E3 Direct and steamed off a bit from the hype, I'm starting to realize more that I really want her to be her own character, playstyle and moveset. I now think that her being a Echo Fighter to Peach just doesn't give her justice. I really hope she will be decloned in future iterations of Smash after Ultimate, if ever there's one. That being said, I'm still excited for her to play as ^_^

Almand

Smash Journeyman
It's Falcondorf all over again...
Yep, it's pretty disappointing. I'm upset, in fact, that Sakurai seems to be taking the easy route with Daisy. Echo Fighters as a whole just seems like a lazy inclusion; they didn't have the time, resources, etc., to give Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy unique movesets, so they just kept them as is and made up a name to justify it. I fear that it'll get a mentality of "Once an Echo, always an Echo" and it'll be even worse than Falcondorf. But try to look at the positives. Daisy's in the game! If that's the best we could get, so be it.

Would I prefer a unique moveset for her? Abso-****ing-lutely. I hate the concept of Daisy being a Peach clone. But, at the same time, I get to play as her in a Smash Bros. Game. So, really, I got half of what I wanted, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Especially considering there were dozens of candidates Sakurai could have gone with instead.

alexfang452

Smash Rookie
It's Falcondorf all over again...
Yeah. Not to mention with giving clones a name, I doubt that Sakurai is gonna change them any time soon. It's a shame since Lucina, Dark Pit and Daisy have potential to obtain unique moves.

Would I like a unique moveset for Daisy and the others? Of course!!!
Am I mad at what Daisy is? No. I'm glad she's in, but these echo characters deserved better.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Geez, you guys sound REALLY ungrateful for an extra on top of every single character in the series returning. Knock if off.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Geez, you guys sound REALLY ungrateful for an extra on top of every single character in the series returning. Knock if off.
I am not complaining, sure I'd wish she was a semi-clone instead but I can't ask for more after hearing how much he worked to bring back every veteran.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I just wanted to stop by this thread and offer my congratulations for you Daisy fans. As a Waluigi fan, I was disappointed big time that he got the AT shaft three consecutive times. But at the same time I was pleasantly happy to see Daisy make it in. It's nice to see her outgoing personality in Smash. I'll be surprised if there isn't a taunt of "HI I'M DAISY".

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Don't be so upset people, Echo fighters have been categorized since Melee, the only difference this time is that they got a name, watch how Daisy will get decloned in the next Smash like most of the other clones were in the other games.

Top Bottom