• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Slip33

Smash Cadet
^ Yeah a number of people I talk to said Daisy was better, cooler and entertaining. They like her sassy/energetic more tough demeanor than Peach more reserve and weak one. In some games where the characters differ, it seems she seems get overall better stats.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
So there was a blog post on Fantendo asking everyone of their true opinion on Daisy. I gave my honest two cents on it, and here goes....

Daisy is one of my favorites within the Mario franchise, and as a fan, I will admit that her current design is not to my liking whatsoever.

Her voice is actually perfect in my opinion, and I feel that Deanna Mustard brings her alive quite well. On the other hand, everything else with her ticks me off.

For starters, her gaining pale skin is not that great. She runs a kingdom with beaches, deserts, and much, much more. The kingdom is also inspired by the Middle East along with hints of China and other nations. She could use a serious tan, like for real.

Her dress in my opinion, was nothing more than a lazy copy-paste. Say what you want folks, but Rosalina, and Pauline actually have unique dress designs, especially Pauline after Mario Odessey, and Rosalina after Smash 4.

Considering what I mentioned her kingdom is based off of, Daisy could actually use some dresses inspired by the Middle East, and perhaps China as well. Have either several outfits needed for things, or combine the designs in a tasteful way, I'd say.

In addition, if she's such as tomboy, then why not develop that a bit further? Pauline was revealed to be a Jazz singer, and has a band. Rosalina was revealed to be an orphan seperated from her mother, and in a way became a mother to the lumas to fufill a role in life that she herself never had.

Perhaps we could see that she likes being a tomboy so much, maybe because her father wanted a son, but he never got one. So in response, Daisy tried to act more like a boy to win her father's approval? It would be enough to explain why she doesn't like being a spohisticated member of royalty, perhaps? Or maybe it could be because she wasn't allowed to leave her castle for unknown reasons, reasons that only her father knew of, and her kidnapping by Tantaga made her want see more, hence her frequent appearances in the spin-offs?

Point is, Daisy could use quite a bit more development and design upgrades. It worked for Pauline, and it could work for Daisy. Her appearance in Super Mario Run is a good start, and if anything, could pave the way for more development for her.

On a side note, one of the Mario Golf OC's by Camelot was originally billed as Daisy's younger sister. Why not bring back Azalea as her sister once more, of course with a redesign as well? Giving her a younger sister would be interesting, and it would be nice to see the duo in action!

Just my two cents folks.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
So there was a blog post on Fantendo asking everyone of their true opinion on Daisy. I gave my honest two cents on it, and here goes....

Daisy is one of my favorites within the Mario franchise, and as a fan, I will admit that her current design is not to my liking whatsoever.

Her voice is actually perfect in my opinion, and I feel that Deanna Mustard brings her alive quite well. On the other hand, everything else with her ticks me off.

For starters, her gaining pale skin is not that great. She runs a kingdom with beaches, deserts, and much, much more. The kingdom is also inspired by the Middle East along with hints of China and other nations. She could use a serious tan, like for real.

Her dress in my opinion, was nothing more than a lazy copy-paste. Say what you want folks, but Rosalina, and Pauline actually have unique dress designs, especially Pauline after Mario Odessey, and Rosalina after Smash 4.

Considering what I mentioned her kingdom is based off of, Daisy could actually use some dresses inspired by the Middle East, and perhaps China as well. Have either several outfits needed for things, or combine the designs in a tasteful way, I'd say.

In addition, if she's such as tomboy, then why not develop that a bit further? Pauline was revealed to be a Jazz singer, and has a band. Rosalina was revealed to be an orphan seperated from her mother, and in a way became a mother to the lumas to fufill a role in life that she herself never had.

Perhaps we could see that she likes being a tomboy so much, maybe because her father wanted a son, but he never got one. So in response, Daisy tried to act more like a boy to win her father's approval? It would be enough to explain why she doesn't like being a spohisticated member of royalty, perhaps? Or maybe it could be because she wasn't allowed to leave her castle for unknown reasons, reasons that only her father knew of, and her kidnapping by Tantaga made her want see more, hence her frequent appearances in the spin-offs?

Point is, Daisy could use quite a bit more development and design upgrades. It worked for Pauline, and it could work for Daisy. Her appearance in Super Mario Run is a good start, and if anything, could pave the way for more development for her.

On a side note, one of the Mario Golf OC's by Camelot was originally billed as Daisy's younger sister. Why not bring back Azalea as her sister once more, of course with a redesign as well? Giving her a younger sister would be interesting, and it would be nice to see the duo in action!

Just my two cents folks.
I personally love Daisy's design, I think it's iconic. The only thing I don't like about her design is when she has lipstick on in some games like Ultra Smash; her face looks more unique and pretty without it.

I would not want her to have a new ethnic design for another game because it would be incosistent with the 60+ games that feature her already. The difference between Pauline's redeisgn was that it was very slight. Less exaggerated cartoon anatomy, and that was it; plus she still wears the same dress. The stylish business suit isn't worn at all times so it's not like they got rid of the dress.

If they put her in a main game, I want the same dress, just no lipstick. Like the LINE stickers!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Whoa, I'm still here thank god. Sorry for being inactive for a while, it was rather bonkers shall we say during that time, but now, everything is mostly back to normal, so I am back with all you mates here, looking foward to being with all you guys again!

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I actually don't mind Daisy dress being similar in design to Peach ,now. When I first saw her new design I thought her dress was a little too similar. But I grown to like it. I mean all the male humans (Mario, Luigi , Waluigi etc..) all wear similar outfits, so it's no bid deal.

Her dress seem like a more fancier version of Peach's. I also like her color scheme and sure she got a lot of people to notice and like the color orange. What I don't like in most games now, their omitting the white petticoat they had under their dresses.

As for her voice: I think Jen's voice was cute, but Deana's it better now since she's a more energetic, rough and tumble character.
Hard to imagine Jen being able to pull this off.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think a Daisy skin mod over Wii Fit Trainer would be very fitting, especially with the sports attire. Even the princess dress could pull it off. Get on this, hackers! lol

Also, flash back to the Smash Ballot. How high up do you think Daisy was voted amongst all female options?

If I was to take a wild guess, I think she was third: 1) Bayonetta, 2) Shantae, 3) Daisy

And no, I don't think Krystal or Dixie were more requested than her lol. We'll never know, but that's just the vibe I got.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Hey fellow Daisy fans, Daisy will have an "episode" to herself in the Stories of New Tendo City, and she will share it with Azalea! Not just that, but I will be tapping into her love of soccer for it!

Here's the plot teaser, and the name of the "episode".

Soccer, Cruddy Soccer - Daisy and Azalea take their sisterly rivalry a bit too far when they start enlisting the residents of New Tendo City for the wildest soccer game the city has ever seen! Officer Jenny and Mayor Pauline are gonna put a stop to this, right? Wait, their part of the teams too?

Of course, wait and see what happens with the Flora sisters, Daisy and Azalea in New Tendo City! ~ Afro

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
How did everyone's Xmas go? For us it didn't go as well as I would have liked, but overall everyone is well and that's all that matters.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
How did everyone's Xmas go? For us it didn't go as well as I would have liked, but overall everyone is well and that's all that matters.
It went well. I got a sketchbook plus seemingly expensive pencils for coloring.

Christmas is also my birthday, and everyone loved the cookie cake from Carvel I got lol

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It went well. I got a sketchbook plus seemingly expensive pencils for coloring.

Christmas is also my birthday, and everyone loved the cookie cake from Carvel I got lol
Happy Birthday then! As for me, I got my Xmas present a month ago lol, Advent Children Cloud amiibo.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So during Paper Mario; Luigi was saving princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Eclair

So, how would Daisy interact with her? Would she worry she’d lose out to another princess?

Or would she have been in the rpg party with paper Luigi saving the day?

Or something else.

I like option 2

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
So during Paper Mario; Luigi was saving princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Eclair

So, how would Daisy interact with her? Would she worry she’d lose out to another princess?

Or would she have been in the rpg party with paper Luigi saving the day?

Or something else.

I like option 2
If they were both in a real nintendo game together, they would unfortunately have no interaction since Mario games don't have that much lore. I would want her to help Luigi though. We need a paper Daisy!

Oh, I also designed the black Princess Eclair on that site. (not the 3D art, just the 2D ones by the username Daisy4DLC).

Also, what would Daisy's smash battle entrance be? I think she'd bloom out of an opening flower. lol

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I'd say make Daisy glide in on the motorbike from Mario Kart 8 in her biker suit. If the dress is picked, she does an animation where she pulls her dress out of thin air for battle.

Similar to Little Mac, if she wears the biker suit instead, then the animation happens, but the suit stays. Just works in my head, and fits her better than the Peach animation. ~ Afro

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'd say make Daisy glide in on the motorbike from Mario Kart 8 in her biker suit. If the dress is picked, she does an animation where she pulls her dress out of thin air for battle.

Similar to Little Mac, if she wears the biker suit instead, then the animation happens, but the suit stays. Just works in my head, and fits her better than the Peach animation. ~ Afro
Lol I love the irony. Riding into battle into a badass racer suit just to change into a ball gown to battle. but that would be a cool entrance. I personally am not a fan of Daisy's biker look- I think Rosalina rocks it more.

I want Daisy in her sports outfit, striker charged outfit, or dress. I want to see how Smashified and elegant the dress becomes!

Also Tortilla, for the blooming flower intro, she'd still say "Hi, I'm Daisy!"

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also Tortilla, for the blooming flower intro, she'd still say "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
Perfect! :grin:

I know it's such a daft thing, but I really, really want to see her use that as part of her entrance if she makes it into Smash. I would never tire of seeing and hearing it. :laugh:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I would also like to see how Daisy takes part in SSB5's possible story mode. I want her to be funny and badass, but not in the same "group" or scenes as Peach. I want to see her interracting with other characters like Corrin or Olimar!

Or perhaps ssb5 will have individual story modes. That would be cool. I just don't want Peach in her story! Maybe Rosalina.

Also I love Peach, I just think she and Daisy are already associated together so much.

Last edited:

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I wonder if one main reasons Daisy is left out main series, is they don't know how to include her in. She was a DiD in her debut game, but making her one again might clash with peoples perception of her. Being able to defend herself, don't need rescuing etc...

Although, she did got held up in Super Mario Run . The only way I can her being playable in a main game, is Peach also being playable, so she wouldn't undermine/ step on her toes(Peach's that is).

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I wonder if one main reasons Daisy is left out main series, is they don't know how to include her in. She was a DiD in her debut game, but making her one again might clash with peoples perception of her. Being able to defend herself, don't need rescuing etc...

Although, she did got held up in Super Mario Run . The only way I can her being playable in a main game, is Peach also being playable, so she wouldn't undermine/ step on her toes(Peach's that is).
I don't think it has to do with clashing against her personality. They could easily make her a damsel, and they indeed did that with Mario Run.

I think the reason she is left out is cause maybe Shigeru Miyamoto does not like the character or the team is not allowed to put her in.

But, after what happened with Mario Run, hopefully she will get more justice.

In this article, Shigeru Miyamoto discusses his nearing retirement, which leads to possibilities of Daisy appearing in more main games due to more creative freedom.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/miyamoto_discusses_retirement_in_recent_interview

He says his team is so used to looking to him for direction and what they are allowed/not allowed to put in games, but, when he leaves, instead of trying to please him, he says they can take control of their own projects most especially to satisfy the consumer.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think the reason she is left out is cause maybe Shigeru Miyamoto does not like the character or the team is not allowed to put her in.
I don't get the feeling that there's any dislike for the character from Miyamoto or others.

This seems much more likely to be an issue of there not necessarily always being a way to include her that those responsible are happy with. How we see that as fans is a different matter, of course. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I don't get the feeling that there's any dislike for the character from Miyamoto or others.

This seems much more likely to be an issue of there not necessarily always being a way to include her that those responsible are happy with. How we see that as fans is a different matter, of course. :laugh:
Yep. I agree with you Tortilla, but if his retirement does happen, I am looking foward to see in what direction the series goes.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
They can make her a damsel again, but I don't think fans would be too happy with that. Since most want her to be capable. However, I think it can work depending on how she is portrayed as one.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
They can make her a damsel again, but I don't think fans would be too happy with that. Since most want her to be capable. However, I think it can work depending on how she is portrayed as one.
Well, as a fan myself, I wouldn't care if she is a damsel. If she's appearing in yet another main game, then hey!

Besides, Peach can defend herself, yet gets kidnapped all the time for storylines. So, by all means let King Boo or Bowser kidnap her so she can be in more main games haha

Also something I noticed: In Smash 4, the Mario princesses' first palettes reference another princess.
Peach -> Daisy
Rosalina -> Peach (well it's a pink costume but I think it's meant to look like Peach)

If Daisy is in Smash 5, how neat would it be for her second palette to be Rosalina's color scheme! lol

ok last thought. Contrary to most people thinking that Daisy should be a Peach semiclone, what if Daisy gets in with her unique moveset, but Pauline also gets in as a Peach semiclone. I personally love Pauline and would want her in.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
what if Daisy gets in with her unique moveset, but Pauline also gets in as a Peach semiclone.
It probably wouldn't be that out of character. We know for a fact that Pauline has a Parasol of her own, forward smash can have her swing her handbag, fair could have her swing her hat for a wider yet weaker hitbox, etc. I'd still like the minis to be somewhere in her moveset though.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Well, as a fan myself, I wouldn't care if she is a damsel. If she's appearing in yet another main game, then hey!

Besides, Peach can defend herself, yet gets kidnapped all the time for storylines. So, by all means let King Boo or Bowser kidnap her so she can be in more main games haha

Also something I noticed: In Smash 4, the Mario princesses' first palettes reference another princess.
Peach -> Daisy
Rosalina -> Peach (well it's a pink costume but I think it's meant to look like Peach)

If Daisy is in Smash 5, how neat would it be for her second palette to be Rosalina's color scheme! lol

ok last thought. Contrary to most people thinking that Daisy should be a Peach semiclone, what if Daisy gets in with her unique moveset, but Pauline also gets in as a Peach semiclone. I personally love Pauline and would want her in.
Pauline needs to use Cappy and have a moveset based on Odyssey. Nuff said.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Pauline needs to use Cappy and have a moveset based on Odyssey. Nuff said.
If you ask me, Mario should be using Cappy, since the F.L.U.D.D. is now hopelessly out-of-date, and excluding the current entries, which recycled a lot of content, Smash typically acts as a time-capsule representing the time that it was released. ;)

Actually lucina is royal
I can't see any mentions of Lucina in here, or at least not lately. Do you maybe have the wrong thread? :confused:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's a response to the OP for the part where it says the only royals are Peach and Zelda.
Ohh, I see. :laugh: Thanks for clearing it up! It was a little confusing without a quote. :laugh:

I haven't read it lately, but there are several more royals besides them, too. A certain penguin springs to mind, for example. ;) (No, don't talk about the fact that he's a self-declared king - it totally counts. Totally. All royal lineages have to start somewhere!)

If 8-Player Smash returns in Smash Switch, I really want to set up a big match with as many of them as I can fit into one match. :grin:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Daisy is left out of main Mario games as it seems to be thing that creative people don't like using characters they didn't make themselves.

See also, Metroid Prime being completely ignored in Other M, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat dropping all Rare made characters and the only Zelda games to get content in Hyrule Warriors being directly made by Nintendo. (Sorry Vaati fans.)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If you ask me, Mario should be using Cappy, since the F.L.U.D.D. is now hopelessly out-of-date, and excluding the current entries, which recycled a lot of content, Smash typically acts as a time-capsule representing the time that it was released. ;)

I can't see any mentions of Lucina in here, or at least not lately. Do you maybe have the wrong thread? :confused:
Unless Sakurai decides to remain adamant about it and chooses to leave it instead of it being up to date, much like a certain King of Darkness's moveset.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think Daisy is left out of main Mario games as it seems to be thing that creative people don't like using characters they didn't make themselves.

See also, Metroid Prime being completely ignored in Other M, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat dropping all Rare made characters and the only Zelda games to get content in Hyrule Warriors being directly made by Nintendo. (Sorry Vaati fans.)
But as time goes on, all characters become characters the people making the games didn’t create themselves, because we age and the characters don’t.

I feel this is no small part of Daisy’s inclusion into Mario Run. And really do hope to see her in the next 2D Mario platformer now that she has a gameplay style. And even more hope for her in Smash obviously.

I’d still like Luigi physics with a peach float on a character though.

WaDaisy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom