• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Freduardo

Smash Champion

So new Daisy video on the inter web. Wonder how many of these we’ve talked about in one incarnation of this thread or another.

pretty much all of them except that Wendy Koopa considers Daisy and Peach her rivals.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

So new Daisy video on the inter web. Wonder how many of these we’ve talked about in one incarnation of this thread or another.

pretty much all of them except that Wendy Koopa considers Daisy and Peach her rivals.
o-o ...That thumbnail is literal nightmare fuel...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Off topic: you know what kids movie recently had some of the best nightmare fuel? Kubo of the Two Strings. Solid film.

On topic: Who would you rather see as Daisy’s rival: Wendy Koopa, Tatanga, Waluigi, or some original WaDaisy

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Please do us a favor and burn that Shy Guy to smithereens.

Nice video, though I knew most of these facts. Glad to be back mates.

As far as a rival: Bring back Tatanga, He has more history with Daisy than the likes of Wendy.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Off topic: you know what kids movie recently had some of the best nightmare fuel? Kubo of the Two Strings. Solid film.

On topic: Who would you rather see as Daisy’s rival: Wendy Koopa, Tatanga, Waluigi, or some original WaDaisy
o-o I just looked it up....but no, the Shy Guy is worse...

I would say the alien with the funny name is the best option. I mean, he should be like Bowser to Peach, isn't it?

Please do us a favor and burn that Shy Guy to smithereens.

Nice video, though I knew most of these facts. Glad to be back mates.

As far as a rival: Bring back Tatanga, He has more history with Daisy than the likes of Wendy.
c.png

There ya go, Aussie. :>

:D Glad to see you around again!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
That video was a bit uninteresting. I feel like a lot of the fact videos have common/repeated information, and in some cases, exaggerated stuff (such as the "10 Things Daisy can do better than Peach" video by the same channel." I love the Daisy for Smash enthusiasm though!

I loved Kubo and the Two Strings. Beautiful animation and epic fight scenes. Kubo is cute, too. lol

I would rather see Waluigi as Daisy's rival. I think they could have potentially interesting chemistry in future games especially in an RPG or a Paper Mario game. I also think they are an interesting couple, much more than Luigi and Daisy.

I do like Wendy's rivalry with Daisy since it adds more interaction you wouldn't think of. I thought it was just randomly added for extra lore in Wendy's trophy, but Peach and Daisy are actually Wendy's CPU rivals in MK8. She also has dialogue about them in Mario and Sonic Rio 2016.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That video was a bit uninteresting. I feel like a lot of the fact videos have common/repeated information, and in some cases, exaggerated stuff (such as the "10 Things Daisy can do better than Peach" video by the same channel." I love the Daisy for Smash enthusiasm though!

I loved Kubo and the Two Strings. Beautiful animation and epic fight scenes. Kubo is cute, too. lol

I would rather see Waluigi as Daisy's rival. I think they could have potentially interesting chemistry in future games especially in an RPG or a Paper Mario game. I also think they are an interesting couple, much more than Luigi and Daisy.

I do like Wendy's rivalry with Daisy since it adds more interaction you wouldn't think of. I thought it was just randomly added for extra lore in Wendy's trophy, but Peach and Daisy are actually Wendy's CPU rivals in MK8. She also has dialogue about them in Mario and Sonic Rio 2016.
Maybe Wendy is jealous of Daisy's sass. Ever thought about that?

And yeah, I see far more potential in a Waluigi rivalry since the latter used to like her (though she's not very fond of him).

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think these are perhaps the best "Wapeach" and "Wadaisy" designs. Also: art goals; this is how I aspire to color my art.

I don't think Nintendo should add such characters though, at least not until 10 years. They need to flesh out Daisy, Waluigi, and Birdo! I really like Princess Lazy though.. they would make great RPG bosses.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think these are perhaps the best "Wapeach" and "Wadaisy" designs. Also: art goals; this is how I aspire to color my art.

I don't think Nintendo should add such characters though, at least not in 10 years. They need to flesh out Daisy, Waluigi, and Birdo! I really like Princess Lazy though.. they would make great RPG bosses.
The names for these are fantastic, as well as the designs and the art as a whole. :laugh:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Since some people haven't shown up on Discord for this, here is a bit of Daisy's bio for the Stories of New Tendo City, a series that takes all Nintendo characters and reimagines them in a 21st Century New York City like setting.

Daisy in this universe is not a princess, in fact she's an actress who stars in the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" alongside Peach, Luigi, Mario and the rest of the Super Mario crew. When she's not there, she is running the Royal Bakery with Peach. She also is married to Luigi, and is close friends with Roy and Krystal. She also has a love of sports, specifically soccer, and she is also the older sister of Azelea, a golfer.

New Tendo City Briefs - Daisy Flora-Rosato​

One of the stars of the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show", but less used than her best friend Peach Toadstool-Rosato. Skilled in many sports, Soccer being her personal favorite. Married to Luigi Rosato, and often known for her temper towards many people when things don't go her way. It's said that she doesn't quite like Waluigi very much, especially off-camera. Loves baking, and owns Mayor Pauline's favorite bakery alongside Peach. Close friend of Krystal Bleu, and Roy Lyon, as well as the older sister of Azalea Flora.

@smashkirby StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 AndreaAC AndreaAC Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever and Freduardo Freduardo what do you guys think? I already showed AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan on Discord.

Who wants a seperate thread when I get a chance for this? ~ Afro

AndreaAC

Since some people haven't shown up on Discord for this, here is a bit of Daisy's bio for the Stories of New Tendo City, a series that takes all Nintendo characters and reimagines them in a 21st Century New York City like setting.

Daisy in this universe is not a princess, in fact she's an actress who stars in the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" alongside Peach, Luigi, Mario and the rest of the Super Mario crew. When she's not there, she is running the Royal Bakery with Peach. She also is married to Luigi, and is close friends with Roy and Krystal. She also has a love of sports, specifically soccer, and she is also the older sister of Azelea, a golfer.

One of the stars of the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show", but less used than her best friend Peach Toadstool-Rosato. Skilled in many sports, Soccer being her personal favorite. Married to Luigi Rosato, and often known for her temper towards many people when things don't go her way. It's said that she doesn't quite like Waluigi very much, especially off-camera. Loves baking, and owns Mayor Pauline's favorite bakery alongside Peach. Close friend of Krystal Bleu, and Roy Lyon, as well as the older sister of Azalea Flora.

@smashkirby StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 AndreaAC AndreaAC Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever and Freduardo Freduardo what do you guys think? I already showed AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan on Discord.

o3o Ohhh! I really like the sound of it! :D Congratulation with this! I wish I could make a more detailed...review? of this, but I practice writing stories mostly related to Rayman and such. Overall, I hope you keep it up! :D

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
:D Thanks for the :4link:, Afro! xD I will check it out when I get the chance, and I got a good chuckle out of Ike's name! xD
Thanks, I figured that it was a nice tribute to Ike's voice actor in the West for the last name. The first name came naturally.

By the way, Ridley is being written in your style when he appears. I loved your version of Ridley too much not to do it! ;) ~ Afro

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Quite an interesting interpretation of Daisy. We are used to viewing her as an athlete and of course a princess, so her being an actress as well as a baker is new. Nice reference to MK8 lol.

Also this may not be news to some of you, and I heard it weeks ago, but Mario + Rabbids is getting a new DLC character in the upcoming Gold Edition. I hope it's Daisy!

I
was like damn! Half the comments are in support of Daisy. That makes me happy

AndreaAC

Thanks, I figured that it was a nice tribute to Ike's voice actor in the West for the last name. The first name came naturally.

By the way, Ridley is being written in your style when he appears. I loved your version of Ridley too much not to do it! ;) ~ Afro
O.O Oh, really? xD Jeez, Afro, what an honor! I'm glad you liked the way I portray Riddles! I would love to see it! Though, from the list of characters I saw...I didn't recognize him (And I had a bit of a complication to read, =3= My eyes are kinda weak)

xD It would be also nice to see all of the character's designs/outfits in your version!

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
O.O Oh, really? xD Jeez, Afro, what an honor! I'm glad you liked the way I portray Riddles! I would love to see it! Though, from the list of characters I saw...I didn't recognize him (And I had a bit of a complication to read, =3= My eyes are kinda weak)

xD It would be also nice to see all of the character's designs/outfits in your version!
It will happen.... when I get money.... or I can find a partner to draw art for me.... I might end up contacting my artist again! (He's cheap and fast.... go figure!) XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I'm not very familiar with re-interpretations like this - it's certainly different!

I'm interested in seeing more in the future. ;)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Daisy Smash attack ideas:

Up B: makes a pokey rise up in front of her for spiky vertical damage. Similar to Palutena's up smash.
Down B: makes a thowmp appear and land on enemy in front of her.

All the while shouting her Smash attack phrases like "WHOA!"

I know it might be hard to visualize the down b but I will draw it out. lol

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Quite an interesting interpretation of Daisy. We are used to viewing her as an athlete and of course a princess, so her being an actress as well as a baker is new. Nice reference to MK8 lol.
Yep, I figured that many of those buisnesses from Mario Kart could actually be put to use in New Tendo City. Royal Bakery seemed to fit for both Peach and Daisy! Also, Tropical Grocery was seen in Toad Harbor in said game, anyone with an eagle eye in the first New Tendo City story will notice that I snuck it in!

You catch that, AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ? ;) ~ Afro

Edit, never mind! It appears that according to Mario Kart, our flower princess runs some interesting locations, as well as items!

Might sneak these in New Tendo City too! ~ Afro

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If Daisy gets into Smash Switch, I think it would be interesting to see competitive Smashers main her ! Just had this thought

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If Daisy gets into Smash Switch, I think it would be interesting to see competitive Smashers main her ! Just had this thought
They would likely cling to her if she's A tier or higher.

If not, they will ignore her like the other mid and low tier characters.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I wanted to say I feel like Mario Land enemies would work better if she had summon smashes (I’m picturing similar to Bayonetta except thwomp would have less range/lose much of edge spike, a cooler animation, and probably be much faster).

But then I remembered Daisy is in Mario run, and specifically suited for getting past tall pokeys with her double jump. So these work pretty damn well to me.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I wanted to say I feel like Mario Land enemies would work better if she had summon smashes (I’m picturing similar to Bayonetta except thwomp would have less range/lose much of edge spike, a cooler animation, and probably be much faster).

But then I remembered Daisy is in Mario run, and specifically suited for getting past tall pokeys with her double jump. So these work pretty damn well to me.
Oh actually yes, her thwomp down Smash would be very similar to Bayonetta's, initially appearing high.

And yup! Very true about those Pokeys, did not think of that. I just picked them cause they were flower/desert themed an
suited her. lol

Plus, Smash has plenty of original moves, especially ZSS and Sheik! So it's plausible.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I wouldn't resort to using common Mario enemies in Daisy's moveset just because she's in Mario Run.
It's a weak connection to base her moveset around and honestly doesn't even allow for many interesting moves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like I say, Daisy's charm in the speculation scene is how much she's got to work with. Working with Mario enemies is a new one but I wouldn't be opposed to having her as a Super Mario Run Rep.

For the record, as Rosalina is a rep for Galaxy and Bowser Jr is one for the ""new"" subseries (with a token Sunshine reference in the Final Smash) Daisy could be one for:

Super Mario Land (1, 2 & 3D)
Mario Tennis (Her 3D debut {but I'd prefer it be Waluigi})
Mario Golf
Mario Party (Debut of modern design)
Mario Kart
Super Mario Strikers (her outfit in Brawl)
Super Mario Run (star of the first big update)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Super Mario Land (1, 2 & 3D)
I like the rest of your list, but I don't feel that Super Mario 3D Land belongs in a list of things that Daisy could represent.

Reason being, it's of no relation to Super Mario Land (in fact, it's all about paying tribute to Super Mario Bros. 3), and Daisy, or anything that she's associated with, doesn't appear in it - only Peach appears, even when you play through the game as Luigi.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Well I didn't choose the Pokey attack solely cause she was in Super Mario Run, I picked it cause it is flower and desert themed, Pokey and Daisy are both in the Mario universe, and especially cause a lot of movesets can be original.

Also am I the only one who thinks characters don't necesarily have to be a representative of a certain game?? I don't see Daisy as a rep of anything, especially soley not 1 game. I just see newcomers as... well, new characters. New characters who can have any moves at all.

In Bowser Jr.'s case, I just see him as, well... a Mario newcomer!- with moves representing certain games.

With that being said, I can imagine Daisy with both representative moves and original moves.

1) representing Mario baseball, such as dashing trying to catch a falling baseball (this move has very unique hitboxes, sine the ball would come from behind the opponent rather than from Daisy, thus a double hit- the ball hits them from behind then Daisy hurts them when she catches the ball).

2) a piranha plant attack. lol

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think Toadette would be a much better Super Mario Run rep since she can use Toad Race mechanics much easier.
She could use her referee flags as weapon, summon a horde of Toads for Smashes and Specials on top of using Mario Run's special movements.
Heck, conbine the two exactly like in Toad Race: Perform fancy tricks and combos to get more Toads to join in a stampeding Forward Special.

This can be wonderfully combined with her role in Paper Jam as Paper Mech builder, as it are Toads that carry those things around!
So more tricks, more Toads, more mech-power!

Gosh that'd be awesome.

Anyway, Daisy's Mario Run moveset potential should be much more subtle imo.
For example, if she happens to have a Bombshell Koopa special, she should be able to catapult jump off of them and launch them like Bob-Ombs in Mario Run.
Daisy can use a lot from Mario Run, especially in the mobility tricks area of things, but including elements that they ripped from NSMB shouldn't suddenly fall under Daisy's potential due to Mario Run.

Ideally her various appearances blend into eachother though, such as practicing different sports with the Super Ball or using Super Mario Run's catapult jump on Mario Land enemies

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think Toadette would be a much better Super Mario Run rep since she can use Toad Race mechanics much easier.
She could use her referee flags as weapon, summon a horde of Toads for Smashes and Specials on top of using Mario Run's special movements.
Heck, conbine the two exactly like in Toad Race: Perform fancy tricks and combos to get more Toads to join in a stampeding Forward Special.

This can be wonderfully combined with her role in Paper Jam as Paper Mech builder, as it are Toads that carry those things around!
So more tricks, more Toads, more mech-power!

Gosh that'd be awesome.

Anyway, Daisy's Mario Run moveset potential should be much more subtle imo.
For example, if she happens to have a Bombshell Koopa special, she should be able to catapult jump off of them and launch them like Bob-Ombs in Mario Run.
Daisy can use a lot from Mario Run, especially in the mobility tricks area of things, but including elements that they ripped from NSMB shouldn't suddenly fall under Daisy's potential due to Mario Run.

Ideally her various appearances blend into eachother though, such as practicing different sports with the Super Ball or using Super Mario Run's catapult jump on Mario Land enemies
I really like the idea of Toadette being the 'Toad summoner' in Smash. She is renowned as a celebrity in the Mushroom Kingdom so her summoning her Toad fans to help out wouldn't be too out there.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I really like the idea of Toadette being the 'Toad summoner' in Smash. She is renowned as a celebrity in the Mushroom Kingdom so her summoning her Toad fans to help out wouldn't be too out there.
That would honestly be unique and give us a new spin on her character- badass and mischievous. She may seem innocent but is virtually untouchable with her whole army of Toads to take down the opponent. lol

If Toadette and Toad were playable, Peach would most likely receive a new Neutral B move.

I think she'd be interesting in a Subspace storyline as well, rallying up Toads for battle.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, leave all the Toad related stuff to Toadette while Daisy can only be connected to things that make sense for her.

The Double Jump is one thing, but having the uses of Mario enemies is another. But I don't kind her having a few athletic tricks from Super Mario Run since athletics are her specialty.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Had another idea for a move. Since Daisy is known for her loud voice, what if she would yell for maybe a Smash attack? I honestly could picture it as an up smash, side, or down.

She yells in the direction and the sound waves cause powerful knockback.

......"WHOAHOAHOA!"
......"YAY-HAH!"

I'd like this more than say, a punch or a baseball bat.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Had another idea for a move. Since Daisy is known for her loud voice, what if she would yell for maybe a Smash attack? I honestly could picture it as an up smash, side, or down.

She yells in the direction and the sound waves cause powerful knockback.

......"WHOAHOAHOA!"
......"YAY-HAH!"

I'd like this more than say, a punch or a baseball bat.
It's certainly an out-there idea. If they're going for comical Daisy it could work.

It's only acceptable if one of the things she says is "HI I'M DAISY"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not sure how I would feel about her having a yell attack when Junior had a Sonic Roar in Strikers.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else under the impression that Daisy is a superior character to Peach(especially in things like Girl Power/toughness) to Peach. It's just that Nintendo never confirmed or out right said it.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Is anyone else under the impression that Daisy is a superior character to Peach(especially in things like Girl Power/toughness) to Peach. It's just that Nintendo never confirmed or out right said it.
When I was younger I certainly got that vibe especially from older games. A lot of kids in my elementary school who played games thought that Daisy was cooler/hotter than Peach. My older sister only played as Daisy, not Peach. I wasn't a fan of her cause I thought she was overrated, actually. She was also the most picked in Mario Kart Wii's online mode.

But in recent times, mostly when Rosalina came out, I saw that over time people saw Daisy as an annoying character and as irrelevant rather than a cool tough girl. I actually became a fan of her at this time; previously I could care less for her.

But yeah I think she has the potential to be a badass, but Nintendo never fleshes her out. I think they will in 2018 though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom