• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
i dont think so .

The fact that during Horse Racing she still uses her tennis dress it kinda means is her only outfit.
I don't necessarily see a problem with that. Her tennis outfit also happens to be her usual sport outfit, because they didn't want to give her the tee-shirt and shorts Daisy and Peach wear. She doesn't need a different sportswear for each sport, she even prefers to stuck with her dress (golf). I don't even see why they put Daisy in her old tennis outfit again, because she could have done without it in both tennis and golf.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It really doesnt matter. You are saying it like Rosalina's sports dress is suuuuper different to Peach's , when that's not the case.
They are veeeery similar , so if they decide to give her shorts its ok.

Lets not forget Rosalina already has the Motorbike suit, which is literally the same as Peach's and Daisy's , so its more than likely that sooner or later she gets more outfits to match the sports and activities she does.

However , 1 thing that im noticing is that , they are now adding 1 trait in each outfit to make it more unique and different.

For example , while Peach and Daisy has the same swimsuit , Rosalina's has long sleeves which makes it significantly different.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is this the guy I've heard about in past Rosa forums? I can tell he's an idiot.
That Ih8heels is his buddy… but that video is not him.
Just don't even give a **** when it comes to those freaks.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Guess who got her sooner than planned?

She's mine and reversed (and I... Really dunno why) now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got mine too. They all look great (well, Boo could look a bit better but other than that).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Wait. The amiibos are out today? I'm confused, I thought it would come out in November... Also, it doesn't make sense that Toadette is a playable character, but doesn't get her amiibo while Boo isn't a playable character yet he gets his. They'd probably have a reason for that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait. The amiibos are out today? I'm confused, I thought it would come out in November... Also, it doesn't make sense that Toadette is a playable character, but doesn't get her amiibo while Boo isn't a playable character yet he gets his. They'd probably have a reason for that.
It's today for Europe, November 4th for North America. The remaining three (Daisy, Waluigi, Diddy Kong) come out on Novemebr 4th for Europe too.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's today for Europe, November 4th for North America. The remaining three (Daisy, Waluigi, Diddy Kong) come out on Novemebr 4th for Europe too.
Thank you. I guess I can just try to pre-order the North American one then, since I don't know about the European one. Gonna avoid further amiibo spoilers for now.

All these minigames are looking good.

I think i finally will have a Mario Party on 3DS that i would play frequently.
At least it would be better than Mario Party 10, right? There are disadvantages to each, with the 3DS having fun minigames and modes with quirky characteristics but it lacks the graphics the Mario Party 10 has, in which that lacked content. Okay, here is something we all can agree upon...

Rosalina probably ate lots of food in the Party games, but Smash is depending on how you use the food with Rosalina and Luma.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I still need to wait some years...
I honestly feel you on that. Whatever the struggles it may be, I am sure that you will get that Rosalina amiibo in the future. Be it a gift or bought, you can still get it. After all, everybody deserves a Rosalina amiibo. Let's hope that we won't have to wait decades and decades for it, because getting so with ease is the better way to do it. Cause honestIy, no one wants to hunt each store for it. I got my Smash Rosalina amiibo as a present, I don't know how to get the Mario series one though.

Also, she's unavailable on Amazon so that sucks. At least she's available on Walmart. Online shopping, they're such a pain that I wonder how you guys manage to get your stuff on there.

And here are the final boss battles. My favorites are the Bowser (though she could've won that first one) and Bowser Jr ones.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I honestly feel you on that. Whatever the struggles it may be, I am sure that you will get that Rosalina amiibo in the future. Be it a gift or bought, you can still get it. After all, everybody deserves a Rosalina amiibo. Let's hope that we won't have to wait decades and decades for it, because getting so with ease is the better way to do it. Cause honestIy, no one wants to hunt each store for it. I got my Smash Rosalina amiibo as a present, I don't know how to get the Mario series one though.

Also, she's unavailable on Amazon so that sucks. At least she's available on Walmart. Online shopping, they're such a pain that I wonder how you guys manage to get your stuff on there.

And here are the final boss battles. My favorites are the Bowser (though she could've won that first one) and Bowser Jr ones.

Glad that my dad gave me dome cash this month. But I better not waste it though. Just Rosalind amiibo (Also Cloud when he's announce), and I'm set.
Also playing Overwatch really made my Smash Bros skill a bit rusty. But after some matching did got some tricks back.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
MP8 is pretty terrible compared to the ones in the gamecube.

The game forces motion controls , minigames are pretty boring and thanks to motion controls , they are a stretch.

Everything (Except Mario Party advance) before 8 is great ; Everything (except Mario Party DS) after 8 is kinda bad.

The only way i can enjoy MP10 Is because there's Rosalina , literally.

And while Peach is my favorite character , why would i play as her in Mario Party 10? I play as her in the better games such as MP3 or MP6.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
MP8 is pretty terrible compared to the ones in the gamecube.

The game forces motion controls , minigames are pretty boring and thanks to motion controls , they are a stretch.

Everything (Except Mario Party advance) before 8 is great ; Everything (except Mario Party DS) after 8 is kinda bad.

The only way i can enjoy MP10 Is because there's Rosalina , literally.

And while Peach is my favorite character , why would i play as her in Mario Party 10? I play as her in the better games such as MP3 or MP6.
Hey someone who stuck to the character since Melee. That's character loyalty at its finest, and mario123007 mario123007 , you are character loyalty at its best. So I guess you're saying that Mario Party 8 is the median, with everything else below it being great and everything after being sub-par at best. I'm going to be honest I actually liked Bowser Party and thought it was really fun, especially when you were Bowser.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You can tell Mario Party 8 wasn't gonna be that good.

The game was meant for the gamecube (hence the gamecube-like graphics) then forced with a gimmick proper to the console , in this case the Wii. MP9 has noticeably updated graphics and lack of motion controls in certain actions , like rolling the dice.

The game is not the worst , but is not one of the top 5 at best.

It has a good roster , and there's proper gameplay , decent boards and fair amount of content.

Way better than MP10 that's for sure.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still think MP10 gets way more flak than it deserves.

I commonly hear the argument that it's because "it's too luck based", but the old ones were literally no different. I went on a marathon of watching BSC rounds of Mario Party games, and in the older ones, I've seen stuff like the worst performing player win because they got three stars from hidden blocks, multiple times.

I can agree there is a bit more strategy to the old ones due to the much wider variety of items, but it's not enough of a difference for it to really be a big sticking point for me, the old ones are still very much luck based. Hell, Star Rush is looking to be the first TRULY strategic game in the franchise.

And MP10's mini-games are actually really good, definitely way better than a lot of the ones in the old games. Which is slightly more important to me. And the graphics are very pretty so that's nice.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Very far from reality i must say.
Obviously avoiding the long ass discussions , as i'm really not up to those anymore , i will just say...

Mario Party games developed by Hudson soft followed a certain gameplay that , while is the same at heart , it added many things to keep players engaged to it.

The main settings in Party boards are always gonna be better in the original ones , but why?

There's items , which means you can make your way up by using them as a strategy point.

The best part is that , you can attack and defend with them , so it's not gonna be ''poor me , i got rekt'' , because you can also attack back , instead of waiting for other players to have bad luck , aka MP9 onwards with just dice blocks.

The balance between coins and stars.

Even if you have the same amount of Stars , Coins separate winners from losers , which is fair since most of the time coins are earned as reward of skill , and sometimes luck , within minigames.

Mini stars are literally something that someone pull out of their butt. They are worth nothing , come and go just as fast as i can say Hello. The fact that they are the only ''income'' to win (the one with the most at the end wins) makes everything harder than ever before , and not a ''challange'' like ''hard'' , a ''frustrating'' kind of hard.

Then we have the events like in Bowser Board in 10 where you can LITERALLY LOSE AT THE END , because he burns you out with a fireball , literally throwing all my hard work to the window ''just because''.

Honorary mention to the fact that at the end , if 2 players are ''winners'' they roll dices to have only 1 winner aka Luck based.

The time.

There's plenty of time within turns to make choices , put traps and reach for what you want , whether is a Star or an item or maybe even Boo Houses.

MP9 onwards is a linear game with no much to do that ends fast and by the time you are at the goal you find yourself in last place with no possibilities of coming back because you are racing to the finish , instead of cycling.

When it comes to 10 alone , the game has no content next to Mario Party 3 , 4 , 5 ,6 , 7 ,8 or even 9 .

Amiibo party is a scam , cannot even play as all the characters , kinda like Ultra Smash amiiibo funtionality

Bowser mode is unbalanced like hell , etc etc , im not gonna elaborate more , but i should know since i have played the game way too much that even Nintendo should pay me for it considering i highly doubt someone as old as me is playing it at this moment in life.

Played yesterday , Mario team in Bowser mode is almost impossible to beat without quitting like 2 times at best.

No particular comments after this , this sums it up .

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey someone who stuck to the character since Melee. That's character loyalty at its finest, and mario123007 mario123007 , you are character loyalty at its best. So I guess you're saying that Mario Party 8 is the median, with everything else below it being great and everything after being sub-par at best. I'm going to be honest I actually liked Bowser Party and thought it was really fun, especially when you were Bowser.
No since Mario is like in every Mario Party game (duh). Character loyalty doesn't suit me. I just like Mario because I also like Nintendo, that's pretty much it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The best part is that , you can attack and defend with them , so it's not gonna be ''poor me , i got rekt'' , because you can also attack back , instead of waiting for other players to have bad luck , aka MP9 onwards with just dice blocks.
Except whether or not you even get good items is luck based so that point is kind of null and void.

Even if you have the same amount of Stars , Coins separate winners from losers , which is fair since most of the time coins are earned as reward of
Doesn't change the fact that the dole out of Coins and Stars is luck based. Again, hidden blocks alone are more random than anything that can happen in MP10.

The fact that they are the only ''income'' to win (the one with the most at the end wins) makes everything harder than ever before , and not a ''challange'' like ''hard'' , a ''frustrating'' kind of hard.
I really don't get what you mean by this. All Mario Party games are multiplayer games. They're only as hard as you and your friends make them. If you play alone, there are settings. The highest setting for CPUs in MP10 is still quite easy too.

Amiibo party is a scam , cannot even play as all the characters , kinda like Ultra Smash amiiibo funtionality
That is one of the most absurd reasons for hating on that mode. I understand not wanting to buy figures, or finding the identical layout between boards repetitive, but unless you REALLY love Daisy or Waluigi or freakin' Spike (a character most people didn't know existed before this game and whom most have already forgotten about), I can't swallow this as a legitimate reason to call the mode a "scam". Characters are literally just an aesthetic choice in this game, they have no unique abilities or stats. It sucks that people can't play as their favourite C-list or D-list character but surely, if you are playing a Mario Party game, there are more characters you can stand to play as than them.

Played yesterday , Mario team in Bowser mode is almost impossible to beat without quitting like 2 times at best.
I'm sorry but that's down to your own lack of skill. Bowser Party is unbalanced, but it's in Team Mario's favour. Sure, Bowser has an easier time getting rolls, but the mini-games in Bowser Party are piss easy from Team Mario's perspective, you really shouldn't be taking more than two hits, if even that. And most heart top ups give you at least three hearts back, and they go to all players. Besides that, hearts are literally everywhere. And even if someone is eliminated, they can be brought back to the game immediately after, most of the time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Mario Party, I recall spotting some videos of Luigi winning games without doing anything. Unless the games were rigged (or the CPUs were very stupid), in most cases, you'll very likely end up "losing" if you're just standing around like a punching bag.

It's almost as crazy as seeing someone win a Pokemon battle with a Magikarp, which is heavily impossible against the more powerful Pokemon if everyone is set at the same experience level. Magikarp would also need a lot of attack boosts from someone who has Baton Pass, and I doubt that anyone would ever let the Baton Pass strategy go unpunished. And of course, Haze sets all stat changes back to normal, while Ghost-types are immune to Tackle and Flail.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Except whether or not you even get good items is luck based so that point is kind of null and void.
Except no? Because you literally buy them via a shop or , like older games , you earn them through a minigame. This literally doesn't exist in newer entries.

Doesn't change the fact that the dole out of Coins and Stars is luck based. Again, hidden blocks alone are more random than anything that can happen in MP10.
''Luck based'' , The chances of getting those random blocks inside the boards are very low , and getting coins is mostly a reward of minigames or fair item usage. Not a very solid argument either , when obtaining stuff from a random block that literally nobody knows where it is , is basically just a extremely minor part of the gameplay.

I really don't get what you mean by this. All Mario Party games are multiplayer games. They're only as hard as you and your friends make them. If you play alone, there are settings. The highest setting for CPUs in MP10 is still quite easy too.
Again , far from the reality. The CPU , the harder it is , the more it cheats. This is a fact that anybody knows within Mario Party.
Many minigames that include rapid choice , or button mashing are automatically won by the CPU.

As i stated , Ministars are worth nothing , easy to win and lose. The fact that they are the only reward to determinate a winner , is a joke as there are ways to easily lose half of them , all of them , just by going through the board. While similar situtations can happen in previous games , i dont remember having a -10 coins thingy during the board that you are forced to take because is not even a space , is a path. Dont get me started at the way too literal ´´Unlucky´´ spaces.

That is one of the most absurd reasons for hating on that mode. I understand not wanting to buy figures, or finding the identical layout between boards repetitive, but unless you REALLY love Daisy or Waluigi or freakin' Spike (a character most people didn't know existed before this game and whom most have already forgotten about), I can't swallow this as a legitimate reason to call the mode a "scam". Characters are literally just an aesthetic choice in this game, they have no unique abilities or stats. It sucks that people can't play as their favourite C-list or D-list character but surely, if you are playing a Mario Party game, there are more characters you can stand to play as than them
This whole argument can easily be broken by saying :

1. I wont pay extra money on dolls to have that little extra they didnt put in the beggining

2. The way it plays sucks , its a literal square , cannot even modify turns and the characters are not only limited , but are also just board pieces. Also moving while constantly tapping the amiibo.

3. We all know if Rosalina was affected by this , this whole point would not exists so please dont try to make it look like you actually think it doesnt matter when you cannot play as all the characters. ''C tier characters'' , well PSA, you are nobody to tell anybody which characters they like , even more , how terrible it is they are not available in ALL MODES , like it has been since the gamecube games. People really did know who spike was btw , he is not a new enemy , he is just not exploited like a single koopa troopa.

Toadette wants to talk on this too btw.

As for the final point , i can already tell you either didn't play the game or are trying to hard to have something to say.

- Bowser can reroll if he misses the first time

- You lose hearts and the only way of getting back some is by lucky spaces and special circunstances such as reaching the checkpoints.

- Bowsers Bingo , Clawful Climb, Fire Bar Fury , High Dive , Sinester Slots and Painball are all gonna take your hearts no matter what unless of course you have holy water poured in you or break your controller.

At the end of the day , the game gets all the hate it deserves. Nobody that matters is loving this game so hard , so its done. Its pretty clear its not as good as older entries. Done.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except no? Because you literally buy them via a shop or , like older games , you earn them through a minigame. This literally doesn't exist in newer entries.
The shops stock items randomly though, as do the item mini-games. So it's still luck based. You might really need a Boo Bell to win on the last 2 turns or something, for example, but if the shop doesn't stock it, you're out of luck.

''Luck based'' , The chances of getting those random blocks inside the boards are very low , and getting coins is mostly a reward of minigames or fair item usage. Not a very solid argument either , when obtaining stuff from a random block that literally nobody knows where it is , is basically just a extremely minor part of the gameplay.
No they aren't very low, I see people get them all of the time. Like I said, I watched a match where someone got three hidden blocks in one game, didn't get a single star legit, and didn't win a single mini-game. But those three stars from hidden blocks won the game for him.

Again , far from the reality. The CPU , the harder it is , the more it cheats. This is a fact that anybody knows within Mario Party.
Many minigames that include rapid choice , or button mashing are automatically won by the CPU.
Not in Mario Party 10, I'm able to win just fine against them. They're more difficult but they aren't impossible.

This whole argument can easily be broken by saying :

1. I wont pay extra money on dolls to have that little extra they didnt put in the beggining

2. The way it plays sucks , its a literal square , cannot even modify turns and the characters are not only limited , but are also just board pieces. Also moving while constantly tapping the amiibo.
See, these ARE legit criticisms to have against the mode, but for some reason, you didn't mention them before and instead mentioned something as petty as "OH I CAN'T PLAY AS EVERY CHARACTER", as if it's even a big deal in Mario Party.

3. We all know if Rosalina was affected by this , this whole point would not exists so please dont try to make it look like you actually think it doesnt matter when you cannot play as all the characters. ''C tier characters'' , well PSA, you are nobody to tell anybody which characters they like , even more , how terrible it is they are not available in ALL MODES , like it has been since the gamecube games. People really did know who spike was btw , he is not a new enemy , he is just not exploited like a single koopa troopa.
I haven't even ever played as Rosalina in amiibo Party because the only Rosalina amiibo I had until this past Friday (not counting the NiB one since I'm keeping that for collection purposes) was my Smash Rosalina amiibo, and I didn't want to erase my Smash Bros data. So I just played as Toad or Mario instead because I had Super Mario amiibo of them. And later I got the others and used them with my sister. Big woop, I don't really care if I can't play as Rosalina in this game because it's not like she has unique stats anyway. It's nice to be able to but it's not a deal breaker if I can't (and I technically could, but I opted not to because I valued my Smash Bros amiibo data more).

And even if Rosalina wasn't in this game at all, I wouldn't care. There are tons of Mario games I get enjoyment out of that Rosalina isn't in. It's never been an issue for me. I still like characters like Yoshi, Luigi, Wario, and Bowser so I just play as them if I can't play as Rosalina. Rosalina only started appearing in lots of games within the past couple of years, so it's not like a Mario game where I can't play as Rosalina is a new concept to me.

Just because you see "can't play as every character" as a legitimate mark against the mode, doesn't mean everyone cares about that aspect.

And I didn't tell anyone what they could or couldn't like. By "C-list" characters, I meant they're characters that don't appear in main series installments and only play minor roles in most of the games they are in, and their spot is never really guaranteed, even if it's likely (i.e Waluigi's absence in Mario Kart 7). And indeed, them not being playable in amiibo Party demonstrates that too.

As for the final point , i can already tell you either didn't play the game or are trying to hard to have something to say.

- Bowser can reroll if he misses the first time

- You lose hearts and the only way of getting back some is by lucky spaces and special circunstances such as reaching the checkpoints.

- Bowsers Bingo , Clawful Climb, Fire Bar Fury , High Dive , Sinester Slots and Painball are all gonna take your hearts no matter what unless of course you have holy water poured in you or break your controller.

At the end of the day , the game gets all the hate it deserves. Nobody that matters is loving this game so hard , so its done. Its pretty clear its not as good as older entries. Done.
I do have the game. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to make Miiverse posts on it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhqPR_eTg

Anyway:

-Bowser can re-roll, but it's a double edged sword. I recently played a game with my sister in the Bowser Board, and Bowser didn't catch us once until the end segment (where he automatically gets a boost to the end). Every time he re-rolled, he got a lower number than his initial roll. So while it is a small perk for him, it can work against him too.

-And there are plenty of spaces for those "only ways".

-Bowser's Bingo is luck based so that's the only one you have to worry about (and even then, he won't be taking out the whole team unless they are all on low hearts before the game starts), the rest you can do unscathed with just a bit of skill. And even if you take a hit, you'll get that heart back.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Speaking of Mario Party, I recall spotting some videos of Luigi winning games without doing anything. Unless the games were rigged (or the CPUs were very stupid), in most cases, you'll very likely end up "losing" if you're just standing around like a punching bag.
Similiar to the thing we have in Smash, where Peach loses by doing everything. That means she KOs an opponent, yet she got KO'd too but due to the fact that the opponent got a star KO and Peach just gets an instant KO is also absurd as Luigi winning in Mario Party by doing nothing. But Smash really depends on more on skill, by having more stocks then your opponent, as the KO options are random isn't a big deal depending on the situation you set it.

EDIT: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/...nch-with-at-least-four-games-including-mario/

Please be Galaxy 3, please, please, please be Galaxy 3! If not, a Rosalina game to start her series!

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A Mario game to start a new console will definetely be a Main game of tradicional Mario adventures , not a side game for another character other than Mario himself. Hopefully is more like Galaxy and less like 3D World , even if i liked 3DW a lot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing about Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World is the fact that the linear fashion is similar to that of the Crash Bandicoot series.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Only like 3 weeks remaining until I can get my hands on that Rosalina amiibo. xD
After that, all I need left is Cloud and Corrin, but Cloud is a top priority.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only like 3 weeks remaining until I can get my hands on that Rosalina amiibo. xD
After that, all I need left is Cloud and Corrin, but Cloud is a top priority.
Cloud is all I need after Rosalina. Still into consider on Bayonetta amiibo.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm currently waiting for Roy and Robin to come in the mail. I imported Robin from Germany for $16 and I figured I might as well. My goal was to at least get him under $20. Any day now for the final 3. And I find Bayo's situation funny.
Hashimoto: "We are not going to retro-fit amiibo support into Bayonetta 2."

Hashimoto: "Okay, we will retro-fit amiibo support in Bayonetta 2."
Perhaps Daddy Sakurai's influence has rubbed off on them during her inclusion.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'll probably get the Bayonetta amiibo instead of the Rosalina one, mainly because I feel Bayonetta could be more difficult to get.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Talking to a new friend after college
>Talking about art and stuff
>Asks if I have any pictures that I have drawn
>Look around my phone to see if I have any on it
>Find my Rosalina drawing
>Show it to him
>"Oh, Rosalina!"
>Talk a bit about her
>He knows about how Rosalina is basically god in the Mario universe
>mfw