• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

I think the way to unlock Ridley may be not difficult, but just confusion. What about the requirement is to beat Kraid in smash run 100 time. And make Kraid the rarest enemy in smash run. Troll Level: over 9000!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
what is if there are like 4 character who need 30h< each to unlock AND THEN you must play everything with everyone to unlock him.
bowsr jr. idk play classic mode with 20 characters on hard
mew2 play 700 vs matches.
dixie play 20 h
something like that this takes so freaking long you see ridley like a week later or so.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
They still have 3 known characters to still be unlocked there's no need to freak out, it's just if there are characters after that too unlock. And how many on the starting roster were there?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, we have not seen much of Bossley. It is impossible to determine whether or not he was "aggressive" or on par with the source material.
Bossley is not a single player boss though, there is no point in comparing it with them. As a stage hazard he'd have to be slow and forgiving.

(This should probably be a reply to bagan instead of you)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Bossley is not a single player boss though, there is no point in comparing it with them. As a stage hazard he'd have to be slow and forgiving.
Which, compared to every other boss we seen to behave closely to their source material, it would actually be more of a insult that Ridley is a Stage Boss then a actual boss.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
The big leak with the CSS that was everywhere. We still have yet to see ROB, Bowser Jr and Jigglypuff on any stream, and we know for sure they're in.
ah you mean those.

I thought he meant the unknown 4 (or 5) which are likely to be unlockable still (those noone knows).

I for myself am sure about that there are unknown chars including Ridley, simply because the chronology of the leaked roster was not final.

Anyways, there was a Ridley leak which discribed how he is unlockable and how he plays? (always flying ect..) does anyone have a link to that leak?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
ah you mean those.

I thought he meant the unknown 4 (or 5) which are likely to be unlockable still (those noone knows).

I for myself am sure about that there are unknown chars including Ridley, simply because the chronology of the leaked roster was not final.

Anyways, there was a Ridley leak which discribed how he is unlockable and how he plays? (always flying ect..) does anyone have a link to that leak?
That leak is 100% false. Got several details wrong, and claimed Hades was the final boss.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Theres always some early easy characters to unloack and some that are harder and take a while to appear. Ridley could easily be one of those.

Until we see All Star Mode without a lock and no Ridley, there's no point panicking. :dr-_-:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
It may just be nothing, but isn't it a bit strange Bowser is teamed up with Samus and ZZS?

bowserrid.png

Could just be me grasping at straws but he does share some characteristics of another characters we want in the game (and I don't mean Bowser Jr.)

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly shocked that Duck Hunt can be unlocked this quickly. I thought he was going to be one of the last ones to unlock like Game and Watch in Melee and ROB in Brawl.

Yeah, I am too. I would have thought he'd be one of the last ones. I wonder if the leak had anypart on it, maybe those leaked were made to be the earliest unlocks.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It may just be nothing, but isn't it a bit strange Bowser is teamed up with Samus and ZZS?

View attachment 24761

Could just be me grasping at straws but he does share some characteristics of another characters we want in the game (and I don't mean Bowser Jr.)
Someone else claimed that Pikachu was fighting along. Not Bowser. Huh. Does this happen anywhere else?

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well i realy want to know what sakurai is planning tomorrow on the treehouse... i mean if guys have it now and duckhunt is so easy unlocked what if he plans that we go crazy because no ridley and then BAM

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
An alarming number of people are screaming Ridley confirmed everywhere, I mean, more than usual....has anyone got some information on this?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
An alarming number of people are screaming Ridley confirmed everywhere, I mean, more than usual....has anyone got some information on this?
All kinds of people were doing so, but it was blatant trolling. They were screaming "Ridley confirmed" either to troll, or because they were hoping Ridley would get confirmed next.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems to me like the fact that you can get the leaked unannounced newcomers (and Dr. Mario) so early (with the possible exception of Bowser Jr.) would mean that there's more than what was leaked, which is always a good thing. Plus, with the Miis being where they are, the final character select screen would look pretty weird unless there were more characters.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

View attachment 24761

You aren't the only one that thought that, I'm with you on that one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

View attachment 24761

Not the first time he's acted as a Ridley replacement either:

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me like the fact that you can get the leaked unannounced newcomers (and Dr. Mario) so early (with the possible exception of Bowser Jr.) would mean that there's more than what was leaked, which is always a good thing. Plus, with the Miis being where they are, the final character select screen would look pretty weird unless there were more characters.
Hopefully the Miis placement isn't what Neo Zeo was referring to when he said the CSS wasn't final. I guess we'll know soon enough. Hopefully it bodes well for Ridley.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo will also probably not get unlocked by classic mode, but rather the 20 hours of ffa match time.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ridley is one of the last to unlock. The Metroid 4 man battle really is abit fishy, it seems to me that Ridley will replace the random fighter when hes unlocked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This topic in a nutshell.

(FYI, this picture depicts the Damocles' Sword.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom