• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just noticed on the amiibo thing, they used Samus's Metroid Prime appearance.

Metroid Prime sequel confirmed?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I wouldn't want it any other way, personally.

This also brings to mind that one picture that I think you posted a few hundred pages ago:

Although frankly I think Ridley should be smaller than his size above. (equal with Bowser's height at maximum ideally for me).
That's funny, I thought I was on Smashboards, not a Godzilla fansite

KAIJU FIGHT!!!!

I just noticed on the amiibo thing, they used Samus's Metroid Prime appearance.

Metroid Prime sequel confirmed?
Mr G and W and Lucina are in this same picture. I wouldn't put any stock in it, probably just photoshopped the first image they had.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Don't know if someone posted this yet but i just found it while looking at fan art of Smash. (It also makes Ridley a perfect size)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Why is Ridley's size relevant anyways? I thought that most people agreed that re-scaling a character was plausible and that it has happened upon multiple occasions in Smash and is almost always a reoccurring aspect of cross-over games.

Other than that, the Super Mushroom is going to be Ridley's favorite item.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why is Ridley's size relevant anyways? I thought that most people agreed that re-scaling a character was plausible and that it has happened upon multiple occasions in Smash and is almost always a reoccurring aspect of cross-over games.

Because people want to be no fun police and say we can't support a character we want.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I agree that size at this point is totally irrelevant to Ridley's chances. I'm completely convinced he's playable at this point.

But I gotta kill two months worth of time SOMEHOW, and guesstimating Ridley's size compared to the Pyrosphere itself is one hell of a time-killer on the Ridley thread.

And since fanart is taken by @ SchAlternate SchAlternate and @AndreaAC , I might as well try finding RIdley's size. Why wait two months when I can try figuring it out now?

(Though doing fanart again does sound fun...)

D

Deleted member

You're never to big to join a fight.
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

:awesome:

But seriously, why can't what you said be applied by everyone to all fighting games including Smash?

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??????? :sadeyes:

It would certainly shut the Toobigots up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

The more I compare Ridley, the more I'm convinced this is his final size...

@BaganSmashBros , could I borrow a couple T-Models of your edited Ridley? One a Birds-eye view to measure Ridley's proportions relative to the Pyrosphere, one a profile to measure him with other characters?
This was your minimum, wasn't it? I ask because it looks kinda awkwardly small to me. I'd make him at a midway point between your minimum and maximum.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I wouldn't want it any other way, personally.

This also brings to mind that one picture that I think you posted a few hundred pages ago:

Although frankly I think Ridley should be smaller than his size above. (equal with Bowser's height at maximum ideally for me).
That is one beautifully done image. Ridley looks perfectly scaled

(on a side note I reached 100 post likes thanks to all the awesome people here)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, for one, there are still a large number of people out there who believe that Ridley simply cannot be resized, for whatever arbitrary reason. So Ridley supporters are forced to constantly prove that argument to be false.

But I think the big reason we care about Ridley's size at this point is because his size may determine what role he has in the game. We've seen a small glimpse of Ridley in the Direct, where he was teased as a boss. By analyzing what we saw of Ridley in the Direct (which would be his shadow, for the most part), it's possible that we can get a general idea of how big Ridley is. If he's large, then that would be a strong indication that he's simply a boss. On the other hand, if it seems that he's roughly the size of a large playable character, then that would be a strong indication that he's just that. So understanding just how big Ridley actually is in this game is rather important if we want to know whether or not he's playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, for one, there are still a large number of people out there who believe that Ridley simply cannot be resized, for whatever arbitrary reason. So Ridley supporters are forced to constantly prove that argument to be false.

But I think the big reason we care about Ridley's size at this point is because his size may determine what role he has in the game. We've seen a small glimpse of Ridley in the Direct, where he was teased as a boss. By analyzing what we saw of Ridley in the Direct (which would be his shadow, for the most part), it's possible that we can get a general idea of how big Ridley is. If he's large, then that would be a strong indication that he's simply a boss. On the other hand, if it seems that he's roughly the size of a large playable character, then that would be a strong indication that he's just that. So understanding just how big Ridley actually is in this game is rather important if we want to know whether or not he's playable.
I suppose it is important; but again, it is not completely and utterly material. Ridley has the capacity to be a character bigger than any other fighter on the roster and he has the ability to be a smaller boss, even if that decision would be a negative one. Nothing objective can be discerned from his size. We can only really approximate and that will never translate into support in his favor as evidenced by the current detractors who believe that Sakurai's word is the word of a divine being.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

You guys ever stop and think and go, "You know, what if it's not Sakurai trolling us, but Ridley. Ridley is teasing Ridley" and it just makes you go like, wow man.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, so go Team Small

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You guys ever stop and think and go, "You know, what if it's not Sakurai trolling us, but Ridley. Ridley is teasing Ridley" and it just makes you go like, wow man.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, so go Team Small
Wow man. you Just totally blew my mind. At first I was totally thinking there, but then, I was thinking not there. wow

Some say you gotta think big. But.. We only have to think small

dude

D

Deleted member

I suppose it is important; but again, it is not completely and utterly material. Ridley has the capacity to be a character bigger than any other fighter on the roster and he has the ability to be a smaller boss, even if that decision would be a negative one. Nothing objective can be discerned from his size. We can only really approximate and that will never translate into support in his favor as evidenced by the current detractors who believe that Sakurai's word is the word of a divine being.
The major issue is not that they take Sakurai's words as that of a "divine being" but rather that they completely miscontrue them, automatically assuming that because he said "Other Boss Characters may make Appearances on other stages" and that Ridley was brought up in the boss section that Ridley must be a Boss and nothing else, although obvious boss examples such as Ganondorf and Bowser inhabit the playable roster.

To be honest, I don't think I will ever come to understand our detractor's apparent ignorance and adamant bigotry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This was your minimum, wasn't it? I ask because it looks kinda awkwardly small to me. I'd make him at a midway point between your minimum and maximum.
Actually, this is my new final size...

Of course, since I'm basing this size ENTIRELY on the thickness of Ridley's tail and the Pyrosphere stage, there is a ton of room for error. This scaled-down Ridley can be screwed over in two ways:
  1. Ridley has a new model with an even SKINNIER tail. If this is the case, well, we're kinda screwed.
  2. The Smash Bros Pyrosphere has different dimensions from the Other M Geothermal Power Plant. Because this new measure is pretty much hanging on these pictures:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I agree that size at this point is totally irrelevant to Ridley's chances. I'm completely convinced he's playable at this point.

But I gotta kill two months worth of time SOMEHOW, and guesstimating Ridley's size compared to the Pyrosphere itself is one hell of a time-killer on the Ridley thread.

And since fanart is taken by @ SchAlternate SchAlternate and @AndreaAC , I might as well try finding RIdley's size. Why wait two months when I can try figuring it out now?

(Though doing fanart again does sound fun...)
Hey, never said fanart was exclusive to us. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There's a dildo on Bad Dragon named Ridley and it's supposed to modeled after an alien dragon. Coincidence?

I want to get the 12.5" one in purple just to have it, y'know? Too big for any other use.

D

Deleted member

Hey, never said fanart was exclusive to us. ;)
Of course, @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt will have to apply to be put into consideration as part of our Propaganda Artist Team.

Now the question remains, @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt how interested are you in becoming a Propaganda Artist?

I know you can draw very well, I'm just being silly, I'll add you to the team if you want ;)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Of course, @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt will have to apply to be put into consideration as part of our Propaganda Artist Team.

Now the question remains, @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt how interested are you in becoming a Propaganda Artist?

I know you can draw very well, I'm just being silly, I'll add you to the team if you want ;)
...Kinda interested?

I have good-days and off days. But on a good day...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There's a dildo on Bad Dragon named Ridley and it's supposed to modeled after an alien dragon. Coincidence?

I want to get the 12.5" one in purple just to have it, y'know? Too big for any other use.
One side of me wants to ask how you got this information, but the other would say I'd regret it...

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord

Please, I don't want to see this conversation again.

Top Bottom