• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Funky Kong confirmed

I shrug. I still think that Ridley's in the game. I'd like to see him revealed on Friday but tbh I bet he's just a secret character. Though I'd love to see the salty tears of Ridley haters if unveiled officially.

Live reaction videos would never be the same again
If Ridley actually gets a official reveal i fully believe the live reaction videos would trump the KH3 reveal live reaction videos.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well, I don't see what the huge concern is about reaching 2000 before Friday/Saturday. We're barely scratching 1.9k and we have only 3 days left. At this rather jaunty pace, we should make it. Unless the almighty tears of God leak upon us a credible picture/video of Ridley, then I think we should be fine.

That being said, RIP Lizardon and Roxxas. It's been fun. Now, the real question is: what sort of stupid outfits would Ridley look absolutely hilarious in?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Oh if only I had the means of recording one...
Use phone camera. Who needs quality? All the reactions will be had.

Also I saw someone posting about their favorite metroid games on the last page so I wanted to take this time to admit metroid 2 is my guilty pleasure. I really only like it anymore because it was the first game I played. Also love super and prime.

On another note, I hope they drop trailers for all newcomers including ridley on launch day. I know it's wishful thinking but getting more of those amazing trailers would make my day.

And as for ridiculous costumes I would settle for none less than bikini or zero suit ridley.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have been looking at this topic for a rather long time and I am legitimately confused. I just want to ask exactly why is Ridely so wanted and how come you all are 100% sure he will show up? Sorry If that seemed rude, I am just asking a question, I dont mean to cause anything

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well, i guess it's been a good run guys. Whatever happens i hope you guys take it well, since Ridley could still be just a boss.
AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I'LL BE THERE TO CONFIRM IT ONE DAY BEFORE

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Well, I don't see what the huge concern is about reaching 2000 before Friday/Saturday. We're barely scratching 1.9k and we have only 3 days left. At this rather jaunty pace, we should make it. Unless the almighty tears of God leak upon us a credible picture/video of Ridley, then I think we should be fine.

That being said, RIP Lizardon and Roxxas. It's been fun. Now, the real question is: what sort of stupid outfits would Ridley look absolutely hilarious in?
A pink tutu

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I have been looking at this topic for a rather long time and I am legitimately confused. I just want to ask exactly why is Ridely so wanted and how come you all are 100% sure he will show up? Sorry If that seemed rude, I am just asking a question, I dont mean to cause anything
Check the second post.

Also, he's been asked since the melee days, and he would be the perfect metroid rep.

Last edited:

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
Because people (me included) really REALLY want him in, ever since brawl was the last time I heard the Ridley debate.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Fotoforensics cant really find any problems with the newest leak.
What do you guys think?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I have been wanting Ridley as a playable character in Smash Bros. ever since the first installment. I have been waiting for Ridley for over 15 years. I am curious how long other Ridley fans have been waiting.
disregard this post. It was a mistake.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I want to post before I can't anymore because of the 2000 marker. It was quite an adventure I have to say. Let us all stay tuned for the outcome and be either disappointed...or hyped till no end!!

Hey everyone! I joined a few days ago and meant to post in here first thing but got side tracked, so here is my first post.
Wanted to get in here before his fate is revealed and say that I support Ridley. I have been lurking here since about the time Little Mac was revealed and I have loved every second of it.
Here's to Ridley!

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Well, i guess it's been a good run guys. Whatever happens i hope you guys take it well, since Ridley could still be just a boss.
AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I'LL BE THERE TO CONFIRM IT ONE DAY BEFORE
Only because you "confirm" a deconfirmation every day before a day where there isn't one.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I'm here, actually, I have something to say. Some of you may remember my post a while ago about why I really want Ridley, about my dead brother and my terminal illness. Now I know this is a terrible reason to think a character will be playable, but Here it is. I haven't been posting here recently because not long ago I was in the hospital, and I was to the point where the doctors were just "making me comfortable". I was sure my time was coming any day. One night I decided to say my goodbyes because I didn't think I would wake up after I went to sleep, and I remember the last thing I thought before I fell asleep was how I would never get to see If Ridley was in smash. Then I did wake up the next morning and I was fine. Not just alive, but healthy. No Pemphigus, no infection, nothing. After that, I just feel more optomistic about everything. It doesn't really make sense for this to affect what I think of his chances, but it does. I'm sure Ridley will be in it now, and I really hate to see so much pessimism here. We've held together this long, so let's finish strong. We'll know in a few days, so keep the pesimism away until we know for sure. I think in a few days we'll all be celebrating in the Ridley official character disscusion thread. And if not, I can finally hope for smash 5 with you all because of my miraculous recovery. Here's hoping We don't have to wait till then though!

ghostwarmen

Smash Rookie
Should go ahead and post before the implosion begins and make my appearance. Been a Ridley supporter ever since Melee. There's nothing I would love better but to play as the Space Dragon we all know and love. It's been quite a ride, and all the evidence points towards him finally being in. Here's hoping he claims his deserved spot!

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
(read this in a Christopher Walken voice)

Ohhh. Wow, it's amazing... just how fast, this thread, has moved along. Less than a hundred pages left, not much space, considering the pace. So I just wanted, to express my support... to my fellow fans, of our favourite space-dragon. The truth will soon, be upon us! Ridley... for LIFE! POW!

I hope you've all enjoyed the fanart I've made for this thread, Godspeed my fellow pirates.

And @AuraShaman, nice to see how logical thinking and reasoning opened your eyes to the possibilities available to those who do not let themselves be blinded by closemindedness (though I heavily disagree with your opinion on how Mewtwo and Dark Pit are both clones in the same sense. Would you be interested in engaging in a private conversation on this matter? I'd like to hear your reasoning on this matter, but I don't want to fill this thread with unrelated matters)

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
While I'm here, actually, I have something to say. Some of you may remember my post a while ago about why I really want Ridley, about my dead brother and my terminal illness. Now I know this is a terrible reason to think a character will be playable, but Here it is. I haven't been posting here recently because not long ago I was in the hospital, and I was to the point where the doctors were just "making me comfortable". I was sure my time was coming any day. One night I decided to say my goodbyes because I didn't think I would wake up after I went to sleep, and I remember the last thing I thought before I fell asleep was how I would never get to see If Ridley was in smash. Then I did wake up the next morning and I was fine. Not just alive, but healthy. No Pemphigus, no infection, nothing. After that, I just feel more optomistic about everything. It doesn't really make sense for this to affect what I think of his chances, but it does. I'm sure Ridley will be in it now, and I really hate to see so much pessimism here. We've held together this long, so let's finish strong. We'll know in a few days, so keep the pesimism away until we know for sure. I think in a few days we'll all be celebrating in the Ridley official character disscusion thread. And if not, I can finally hope for smash 5 with you all because of my miraculous recovery. Here's hoping We don't have to wait till then though!
Really? Oh my god man that's an incredible recovery! I'm not one for believing in miracles normally, but from the research I did on the condition... Well let's say I'm glad for you man, let's hope for the best in the future! Let's go out with a bang everyone! Good or bad!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm really feeling it feeling good! Let's see this thing to the end! C'mon, Ridley! It's time!

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I didn't know who Ridley was until Brawl, admittingly. The only character I really wanted to see was Paper Mario... The debates soon caught my eye and I started to research it about a year ago; I love the character's design, behavior, and sense of importance to his series. As a Zelda fan, it was like seeing Ganondorf being called "impossible". I joined around page 740 to support the second most evil Nintendo Villain(The King of Evil Ganondorf being the first). To those of you here are still unsure of what the Space Pirate General's fate is, let me just say:
1. He is NOT even close to his Size in other M.
2. He DOESN'T look like he did in Other M.... at all.
3. He IS NOT the stage boss.

"ur jus a ridli fanboi". I don't just support any character, I only support the ones that deserve to be in. In the case of Ridley, he is long overdue. It has been wunderbar on this thread, and I can't wait to meteor all of you with Samus off the Pyrosphere FD form :)

RampagingRidley

Smash Rookie
Man, with all these first posts from supporters (I might as well be lumped in with them because of my relative inactivity), I've been really conflicted about whether I'd main Ridley. If his playstyle is anything like the general consensus - being an aerial based fighter with an awful ground game - then he's not the type of character I gravitate towards. I'll definitely use him, and I'd love for him to be included, but does anyone else feel like he wouldn't fit with how they play?

Also, it's been an awesome ride with all of you, especially because I started following this thread since the direct.

Here's to Sack of Rice and Ridley!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
ähm i think realy that IF ridley becomes a playable that all the hate and detractor videos getting overspammed with pls delete this video and such things. or that the guys who made them make a new vid and THAN they say yeah i am sorry i was stupidor something like that . what do you think

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
GO RIDLEY K.ROOL GO RIDLEY K.ROOL GO!

Just kidding...i hope these two buddy are in smash 4.

2 days only ...!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't know who Ridley was until Brawl, admittingly. The only character I really wanted to see was Paper Mario... The debates soon caught my eye and I started to research it about a year ago; I love the character's design, behavior, and sense of importance to his series. As a Zelda fan, it was like seeing Ganondorf being called "impossible". I joined around page 740 to support the second most evil Nintendo Villain(The King of Evil Ganondorf being the first). To those of you here are still unsure of what the Space Pirate General's fate is, let me just say:

"ur jus a ridli fanboi". I don't just support any character, I only support the ones that deserve to be in. In the case of Ridley, he is long overdue. It has been wunderbar on this thread, and I can't wait to meteor all of you with Samus off the Pyrosphere FD form :)
I'm just gonna take your word for it. I've got my reasons for believing. Besides, what's there to lose at this point? We'll know in a matter of hours, most likely. :shades:

Man, with all these first posts from supporters (I might as well be lumped in with them because of my relative inactivity), I've been really conflicted about whether I'd main Ridley. If his playstyle is anything like the general consensus - being an aerial based fighter with an awful ground game - then he's not the type of character I gravitate towards. I'll definitely use him, and I'd love for him to be included, but does anyone else feel like he wouldn't fit with how they play?

Also, it's been an awesome ride with all of you, especially because I started following this thread since the direct.

Here's to Sack of Rice and Ridley!
Actually, if Ridley's in, and he is in fact Inverse Little Mac, I actually would almost instantly main him with Shulk. Aerial fighting is one of my favorite things in the game, and if I had any shred of like for Jigglypuff, I'd have played her a while ago just for that.

So...I'm actually pretty much hoping that's how he plays, frankly.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
WHat scans are you talking about?
The famistu ones:
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-100-page-famitsu-supplement/?pid=67618

That's beutiful man and I agree, Keep pessimism out. THE SPACE PIRATE IS COMMIN TO RAID THE SHOW

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Really? Oh my god man that's an incredible recovery! I'm not one for believing in miracles normally, but from the research I did on the condition... Well let's say I'm glad for you man, let's hope for the best in the future! Let's go out with a bang everyone! Good or bad!
Haha, I warned you not to look it up. It's sounds like something only someone as sadistic as Ridley himself would think of. Like if Ridley could choose how Samus would die, he couldn't think of a more gruesome way. Thank you!

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

You forgot 4.) He isn't playable :)

Just tryin to keep the hype alive.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Hope the new title doesn't imply I'll be picking chunks of purple space dragon and people out my hair, having to get cake out was bad enough.

Though anyway, I'd rather hear from Nintendo Officially if Ridley is revealed Friday so might try and avoid this site and various other gaming/media news feeds. Does anyone have a time for when the stream goes live?

RampagingRidley

Smash Rookie
Actually, if Ridley's in, and he is in fact Inverse Little Mac, I actually would almost instantly main him with Shulk. Aerial fighting is one of my favorite things in the game, and if I had any shred of like for Jigglypuff, I'd have played her a while ago just for that.

So...I'm actually pretty much hoping that's how he plays, frankly.[/quote]

I didn't word that properly at all, lol. I'd love to see him in the game, and I think his aerial fighting would be a really unique addition to the fighters. IF he is in, I'll definitely try to main him, I'm just worried about not being able to do so. And K.Rool would be awesome!

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Don't know if that supporters list is still a thing but if it is sign me up!!:bee:
It's great to see so many new supporters joining our pirate crew.

Well we are all going to discover the final verdict in a few days
Here's to our glorious purple dragon!

Flubber

Smash Rookie
Aww, screw it. I know, the bandwagon is becoming rather crowded in this very last stretch but what do I care. Realising there wasn't a single day in the last couple of weeks I've not read this thread, I can't longer deny it: The mind may be weak, but the heart is still strong and relentless.

Born in a world of strife
Against the odds
We chose to fight!

Count me in, I'm all for Ridley for THIS Smash. And IF the supporters list is still a thing, sign me up, too, please.

(Btw shameless quote is shameless. ;))

Last edited:
Top Bottom