• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

HurricaneMarth

Smash Cadet
Here's supposedly all the bosses "revealed":
Yellow Devil- both versions
Dark emperor- 3ds
Metalface-both versions
Ridley-Wii U
So the only Wii u boss would be Ridley. He could be revealed much later if he's not playable

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
OMG THE HYPE IS REAL!

Everyone pick Ridley and post an image online and rub it in those nonbelievers' and haters' faces!
We will flood online as soon as the game is released. Everyone's tag - 2BIG. Then we spam his sliding tail attack (Down B I'm sure) and win every match. The top 10 ranked players are all Ridley. Ridley dominance is so overwhelming that Nintendo officially classifies SSB4 as a Metroid game.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Omg **** yes, the ideas are endless! The celebration shall be glorious. It will be enormous! INFAMOUS! Perhaps moreso than the whole Luigi stare thingy from MK8!

The inclusion of Ridley in Smash will be so huge ;O i'll expect lots of videos, memes, etc.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Not if Sakamoto has anything to say about it.
Good thing he's stated that he's no longer working on past franchises, and if rumors are to be believed, he and his former personal development team have been dissolved and sent elsewhere (i.e. spread across other teams). I think he's working on QoL stuff, personally.

Poopmin, what the heck is that face supposed to be?

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Attention ALL SPACE PIRATES. HEAR MY PROCLAMATION!

I would just like to really say, thank you all. This thread in itself is an amazing community. Never have I had so much fun speculating and strawgrasping (or what funny or degrading term you will call it) with people as enthusastic and hyped (if not more so) than me.

It will all be over in 9 days. Ridley will be here, I know it. And I know that you too know it, and for those whose hearts have weakened or grown cold, may you find that spark of fire once again and join us in these joyous final days as we prepare for Ridley's Big Day.

Do not be weak!
Be strong!
Be proud. Stand up for the Truth!
For Justice!

Don't be let down by the human words of detractors.

Stand and fly tall!

What I am afraid of though, is the end of this fun. After all, this is only a once in a lifetime chance to speculate and hype Ridley's inclusion in the Smash Bros series as a video game character. YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE THIS EVER AGAIN! Ridley will be a playable character in Smash Bros for the first time only ONCE in your entire life!

I haven't even played any Metroid games (to tell you the truth, instead of typing Metroid I started with R for Ridley) but I really want Ridley in and thank Sakurai for putting him in. This is like the best speculation thread ever. The 30+ pages per day are amazing. BEING WORRIED ABOUT THE THREAD MAXING OUT ON 2000 PAGES and wondering if it's better for it to be maxed out before or after release and other complications is amazing. Our incredible enthusiasm and love for this game causing the thread to be locked by mods at multiple times is amazing. Our fear that we will reach 2000 pages at an awkward timing and we won't be able to transition to a new thread at a timely manner is amazing.

I think it's amazing when any little tidbit of Nintendo information we get, we get hyped up about, and discuss the million possibilities or meanings of it.
That we're so into it, that we even got locked once because we were so hyped about the PAX closed media conference and that Ridley may have been revealed in it and that Ismar even attacked us by asking (paraphrasing) "What were you guys expecting?", as if it was NOT a realistic possibility for Ridley to be revealed at PAX and the public to know afterwards (either due to a leak or due to there not being a NDA).

Ridley will be in Smash Bros for the first time once in your lifetime. And you will only experience the incredible mix of frustration,

excitement, suffering, loss, sorrow, tragedy, regret, pride, pessimism, optimism, and whatever else coping mechanisms in multiple ways and various combinations,

when preparing yourself for Ridley's Judgement Day Once In Your Facking Lifetime as well as when celebrating after Ridley Passes Ridely's Judgement Day when the truth is revealed to all and all will fear Sakurai and bow down to the Space Pirates as we laugh at those faithless baastards for thinking Ridley Would Not Be Playable.

Let us all come together and cherish the remaining 9 days we have until Ridley's Judgement Day. May peace and love and Smash and straw ****** be with us all.
Holy **** man... now thats beautiful

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Good thing he's stated that he's no longer working on past franchises
He never said that. lol. Chances are he isn't working on Metroid anymore, but... he never said that specifically.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Good thing he's stated that he's no longer working on past franchises, and if rumors are to be believed, he and his former personal development team have been dissolved and sent elsewhere (i.e. spread across other teams). I think he's working on QoL stuff, personally.

Poopmin, what the heck is that face supposed to be?

This?

I think it based on this:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing about Other M that peeves me the most is the only thing that I don't like: Sakamoto. He did great things before, such as the Metroid Manga, yet he refused to accept Nintendo saying the Prime games are Canon. Sakamoto even broke Fusion's canon if I recall, and it tried to expand on it! Thank Cunning God of Death for Retro

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel if Ridley is in the game, but completely bottom tier? It's something I haven't really considered, if he just completely sucks.

It wouldn't bother me personally (Zelda is my main, so I'm used to it) but I'm curious as to what the reaction would be.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
He never said that. lol. Chances are he isn't working on Metroid anymore, but... he never said that specifically.
Yes he did. There was a Gamasutra article in...April I wanna say where he said he has no intention on returning to past franchises and is instead focusing on creating new ones.

And yes, I know what the picture is based off of, but I'm talking about the expression specifically.

Seriously, screw Other M. If I could, I'd have an homage to the "Die, Bart Die" tattoo that Sideshow Bob had.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Gameplay-wise, I found Other M interesting. I'd love to see other Metroid games redone in that style, along with the style of the Prime games. Perhaps Retro's next Metroid: Super Metroid U. :) No story, Samus only, Planet Zebes. (Forget the No items, Fox only, Final Destination rule.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How would you guys feel if Ridley is in the game, but completely bottom tier? It's something I haven't really considered, if he just completely sucks.

It wouldn't bother me personally (Zelda is my main, so I'm used to it) but I'm curious as to what the reaction would be.
Tier lists don't mean anything IMO. I love playing as my mains, yet they are in the D tier. It all depends on how well you can think and adapt in fighting games. You think of strategies, combos, testing, etc. If your foe does something you didn't expect like countering the Pawnch or something, re-think what you can do! It depends on your skill!
Ridley being low tier wouldn't mean anything to me at all, It just makes the people who say he's terrible awe-struck after wiping their faces of with him

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Gameplay-wise, I found Other M interesting. I'd love to see other Metroid games redone in that style, along with the style of the Prime games. Perhaps Retro's next Metroid: Super Metroid U. :) No story, Samus only, Planet Zebes. (Forget the No items, Fox only, Final Destination rule.)
They'd have to rebuild it from the ground up and not put thoughtlessness into it so the gameplay and mechanics don't clash with one another first. Therefore, it's impossible and should just be Prime style.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley is low tier, I'll be little sad, but I'll still be more happy than not that he's playable. Besides, I played a lot of Ganondorf in Brawl, even against stiff opposition, and I still had tons of fun playing him. I can only expect moreso with Ridley, who is my favourite Nintendo villian.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Can people talking about Other M have your tantrum elsewhere? This is meant to be a Ridley thread (which isn't mentioned in the slightest), and we were so close to getting the thread locked last time.

And about tier apparently he's meant to play like wolf (if the leak is meant to be trusted), though legit or not would be cool if his basics were like wolf's, not into the MLG scene so wouldn't know much about tiers.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If Ridley is low tier, I'll be little sad, but I'll still be more happy than not that he's playable. Besides, I played a lot of Ganondorf in Brawl, even against stiff opposition, and I still had tons of fun playing him. I can only expect moreso with Ridley, who is my favourite Nintendo villian.
Ridley will be in his own tier. The "Really Big" Tier.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You know, I've been thinking, what video games would Ridley and Roidley like? Roidley would probably be a BIG Kirby fan. And I see the two playing smash and Ridley getting Nam flashbacks everytime Samus is on screen.
And...you want me to draw that...don't you? If school isn't getting on my nerves...MAYBE I will....

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132

I wouldn't care as one of my brawl mains was Ganondorf, as someone else here also said. My bigger fear isn't that he's low tier, but if he's boring. I play for fun more than competitively anyways.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
All the evidence points to him not being playable. Deep down, I still feel the CSS is final. But when I come back here, I can't help but absorb al,l the optimism. Crossing my fingers.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
All the evidence points to him not being playable. Deep down, I still feel the CSS is final. But when I come back here, I can't help but absorb al,l the optimism. Crossing my fingers.
What evidence are you talking about? I mean, our evidence is pointing in the opposite direction!
Also, the fact that All Stars was locked in the ESBR footage pretty much means that the CSS is not at all final. So have no worries, there are still surprises left.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys it will be a matter of time before ridleys fate is revealed

It was a heck of a ride (the ridley thread. 2.0 will never be the same as this) (if we hit the radiation zone before his reveal.)

lilt

Smash Journeyman
So I had this idea for a Ridley Trailer (edited):
Imagine a dark room were you just see some blinking lights and hear technical sounds (beeps and boops).
Then a concussion in an area nearby, which sets an alarm of, so the room gets lightened by yellow lights (still pretty dark).
It's a laboratory just like this:

but with a twist: Inside the glass isn't a Metroid, but Mewtwo (just like in the first Pokemon movie).
Mewtwo awakens because of the eruption,
looks around, then a big thing crashes trough the ceiling, burning its way through it with fire. Smoke and dust all over the place, yellow glowing eyes shining trough it.

A dark figure in the shadows, nearing the container Mewtwo's in. (Mewtwo is a synonym for the Metroid, Ridley wants to use it's power as a weapon). Mewtwo breaks out of the glass:

Smoke get's blown away by the shockwave Mewtwo creates,
Ridley's visible for the first time:

Fight begins. Imagine it as epic as you wish. However, Ridley gets the edge on Mewtwo,
Mewtwo is still weakened and hasn't regained it's full potential yet. That's when Pikachu makes an
appereance out of nowhere. Pikachu stands protective in front of Mewtwo
(Homage to Brawl's cutscene, but this time Samus isn't the one who has to be protected)

Ridley wants to attack Pikachu,
but gets distracted by yet another fighter that enters the fighting area:

Ridley quickly forgets about Pikachu, wants to kill Samus once and for all. Samus adopts to a fighting stance, Ridley rushes on her. "Ridley... Time to go!" Gameplay footage follows to show Ridley's moves. Footage ends with a climax. Both Samus and Ridley use their Finalsmash. Footage is cut in a way that it looks like they'd use it at the same time. Ultimate hype generated.

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda tired with people coming in here that posts on threads without reading stuff thoroughly.
There's no evidence regarding Ridley, both ways, but the roster is not -FINAL-
Thats easy for everyone to get.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And...you want me to draw that...didn't you? If school isn't getting on my nerves...MAYBE I will....
Only if you want to draw it, I only wanted people to get the image in their heads. I don't want to make our Propaganda Artist get overworked with anything!

I personally laugh at people who claim the leak is fake, I laugh even harder at those who are convinced it's the final roster! For Ridley's sake, don't stop believing!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

It's basically a shortened version of what they said before

Guys...I've been a Ridley supporter since Melee. It's with much disdain I come to you with the realization I feel. In the eyes of Sakurai, Ridley just isn't playable material. Maybe it really is the size. Who knows. But Ridley, along with the rest of the hype 3, is not a playable character. And he likely never will be as long as Sakurai directs the games. The CSS is real, and final. The writing is on the wall. We lost, my friends. Again. GG, Too bigots. Hopefully someday, something will change. And we'll finally be able to play as the one whose playable appearance is most deserving: Ridley.
People have already tried to reason with them, and here they are repeating the same stuff like nothing happened

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This place has slowed down a bit. Assuming we can keep this pace and not freak out over fake leaks or Direct announcements, we should be able to keep the thread alive till next weekend.

Top Bottom