• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Space Cruiser food? I absolutely don't know what you are talking about and i have absolutely no idea why peoples say that our Space Pirate food is actually drugs that kill peoples and create abominations with boring colors. Seriously.

Nope. It is absolutely safe.

...Does anyone knows when word "Ridley" was said last time by anyone from Nintendo?

First, that cereal looks freaking delicious, radioactive or not.

Second, I think it may be sometime around Other M's release? *Shrugs* Been a while either way I guess.

helmsplitter12

Smash Rookie
ive been creeping this thread for like a year
i fully support ridley as a playable character add me on the list please

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Space Cruiser food? I absolutely don't know what you are talking about and i have absolutely no idea why peoples say that our Space Pirate food is actually drugs that kill peoples and create abominations with boring colors. Seriously.

...Does anyone knows when word "Ridley" was said last time by anyone from Nintendo?
Oh, I believe the last time was during that one raid in March. At least, as far as I know. They've probably said it a lot afterwards too, along with "heavy losses" and "revamped security system". The security system probably consists solely of Reggie now so we should thread carefully if we ever feel the need to break in again.

....No I don't actually know.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

I'm only kind of sorry seeing as people will ironically like this

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

But his weight was reduced to 0 after the fight. Or at least lower than it should be.
Oh, I believe the last time was during that one raid in March. At least, as far as I know. They've probably said it a lot afterwards too, along with "heavy losses" and "revamped security system". The security system probably consists solely of Reggie now so we should thread carefully if we ever feel the need to break in again.

....No I don't actually know.
Reggienator is enough. His body is ready for that. But even being able to play as Reggienator won't be enough to add this game into my "must own liek now" list.
First, that cereal looks freaking delicious, radioactive or not.
Doesn't that blue strawberry looks suspicious? Or blue milk?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not a problem, don't care. I would eat that shiz right up.
And the winner of this year's Darwin Award is....

I was on KnowYourMeme and I saw this:

You think it's bad now? Just look at the comment section:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/818386-super-smash-brothers
Eh, to me it's almost always in good fun, even if it wasn't intended that way.

...The mystery of the purple canisters will never be solved, eh?

Sammy and Ridley should totally be a TV show, in which both go on adventures and sing all the while.

Yes

Does this deconfirm zoroark or what?
403 forbidden, but if the picture is what I think it is then yes, Zoroark is deco'd as a pokeball with night slash.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I was on KnowYourMeme and I saw this:

You think it's bad now? Just look at the comment section:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/818386-super-smash-brothers
If not the last part, i would like it.
Not a problem, don't care. I would eat that shiz right up.
Then we will miss you. Then Ridley will be revealed and everyone will forget about that since you will either rise from your grave like any real Ridley supporter should when something like that happens or you will be promptly shot for being a traitor.

I hope that once that will happen, the whole Ridley debate will be reduced to a mere joke and all of the toobigots who claimed that playable Ridley is impossible will become something you can laugh at. After 7 years of that s**t, it is annoying and i think it will get annoying even for those who doesn't cares.

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
We should hold a convention, name it Ridley's Rally, and riot with pitchforks if he's not in.

Edit: we shouldn't actually do this

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Sammy and Ridley should totally be a TV show, in which both go on adventures and sing all the while.
This just in: The developers of the new Metroid game have announced that the Power Suit is now operated by singing, and Ridley is now one of thousands of identical mooks. :awesome:

Phew, almost thought I wouldn't get through that with a straight face...

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I don't know why but I have this strong feeling Ridley will be revealed at PAX. Considering it's still metroid month and everything that has happened in the past week, now is the best time for Ridley. The only thing against this idea is with what happened at comicon, where we thought we would get at least a veteran reveal, but instead got nothing.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And the winner of this year's Darwin Award is....

Eh, to me it's almost always in good fun, even if it wasn't intended that way.

...The mystery of the purple canisters will never be solved, eh?

403 forbidden, but if the picture is what I think it is then yes, Zoroark is deco'd as a pokeball with night slash.
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-scans-4/?pid=66599
the link to the site if that helps?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
This just in: The developers of the new Metroid game have announced that the Power Suit is now operated by singing, and Ridley is now one of thousands of identical mooks. :awesome:

Phew, almost thought I wouldn't get through that with a straight face...
After we're done with you your face is the last thing you have to worry about.

I don't know why but I have this strong feeling Ridley will be revealed at PAX. Considering it's still metroid month and everything that has happened in the past week, now is the best time for Ridley. The only thing against this idea is with what happened at comicon, where we thought we would get at least a veteran reveal, but instead got nothing.
I'm not expecting anything anymore. Won't get you anywhere.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
After we're done with you your face is the last thing you have to worry about.
Temper, temper... wouldn't want to flay the entire Science Team over a joke, would we?

Also, look at what Sakamoto did with Other M. Until we've confirmed that anyone else has full content control with no input from him, that's still possible. :facepalm:

Also, why am I not on the list yet? Do decentralized nervous systems really not count?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Temper, temper... wouldn't want to flay the entire Science Team over a joke, would we?

Also, look at what Sakamoto did with Other M. Until we've confirmed that anyone else has full content control with no input from him, that's still possible. :facepalm:

Also, why am I not on the list yet? Do decentralized nervous systems really not count?
Shut up, I love flaying.

We should watch this when Ridley is confirmed.
Oh, 13 years of waiting. What a sweet, sweet victory that must be indeed. I can't actually imagine how great it must be to finally have fate on your side after all those years.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We should watch this when Ridley is confirmed.
It is nearly perfect. I wish i had models of "those" characters and props in MMD so i could turn it into a 3d animation. Now there is something wrong with this video:
1. Its author should have cut off sides of the video with black squares/whatever to make it look better because added heads really stick out of the boundaries and it is noticable.
2. Needs Ridley roar/screech from Fusion at the end.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey, have people seen the leak rumor of Ridley being both a boss and a playable character?
Fake. Only Roidley can be playable one since Samus and Zamus and just anything that ever appeared in Other M is based off Other M designs, including Ki-Hunters. So, Ridley will be based off Other M design and nothing else.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Fake. Only Roidley can be playable one since Samus and Zamus and just anything that ever appeared in Other M is based off Other M designs, including Ki-Hunters. So, Ridley will be based off Other M design and nothing else.
I approve of this, as the Roidley design has grown on me (Heh heh... Grown... Heh heh... Big...)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Zamus did not have jet heels and bracelets in Other M.

Hey, have people seen the leak rumor of Ridley being both a boss and a playable character?
Yes. It's probably fake because it mentions Smash Run having continues, which it doesn't, and a difficulty scale, which isn't possible because multiplayer mode.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
With how big the Ridley support is, I can only imagine how big the support for Ganondorf or Bowser would have been if they weren't made playable t'ill now. The outcry would be enormous.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'll take that as a no. Both the boss and the character are Roidley.

Did they manage to make his model not look awkward? What's the deal with the Pyroshpere stage boss situation? Does Sakurai or the team leave any nods to the blatant drama regarding him for the past years?

he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is away that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

Does Ridley suck? I don't want him op, just to not suck. I'll main him either way though.

he seems good. he feels like wolf to me.

Tell me more about ridley. I'm bored, **** it. here. basically, what design he is/based off, how he plays, alts, whatever you got

like the Other M design, but smaller and always flying. purple (default), red, green, brown, orange, black with red eyes.

Is Ridley the biggest character? How does he look next to Bowser?

Hes taller because hes in the air, but if he were standing in that same position he would be much smaller if you ignored his wings.

Omg what is Ridley's Final Smash?! Either you missed my question or you're ignoring it :/

Didn't see it asked. he grabs an opponent and takes them into the air, breaths fire and burns them for a while before slamming them HARD on the stage

Take it with a grain of salt.
Here's a link, but take discussion of Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit to the leak thread.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
What do you think is better:

finding out Ridley is not playable right when Smash 4 was announced

or

finding out Ridley is not playable when the game is released

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
No joke, I made a bet between myself and a friend concerning Ridley. I bet Ridley would be playable in Smash 4, 100%. He says he won't be, and just be a hazard. Loser has to buy a WiiU, and the game. P.S. Add me to the support list, as I'm literally staking my wallet toward Ridley's inclusion. lol

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

or

hes going to be playable I assure you

besides I got a new one for the detractors

from all of the teases ridley got

how many did all of the deconfirmed characters get before being deconfirmed

(girahim does not count, the trophy theory can be pointing at impa.)

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet

or

I think it would have been much better to find out when it was announced. After all this time, a lot of fans will feel far more disappointed if Ridley really isn't playable. A lot of people's hopes are up, and the fall is much worse when hopes are high. Hopefully we'll all be happy with a playable Ridley in the end, though :p

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yes, and like every other bloody leak that's come up I don't believe a word of it unless and until something comes down through the official channels that confirms it. :evil:
b03.png
Ridley-wise, I'm neutral-okay with it if it's true. At least it doesn't make Ridley a crappy boss. Tho if you weren't a Ridley main, it'd get annoying swapping characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

or

#1.

Better to get it over with early before hype really builds up than letting it lie and allow hopes to be raised and ultimately crushed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom