• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Check out Charizards wings when he is bouncing off the Boxing Ring springs. They look massive, kinda like a certain purple dragons shadow.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Andrea, we need Ridley and Mewtwo to do the fusion dance. And then give a potara earing to rool.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Has anyone tried drawing a picture of what appears to be Ridleys new design and using it for size comparisons?

I'm really looking forward to seeing his new design.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We are fairly confident that this is a hybrid Ridley. Smashley, if you will.
I think I missed something here...Judging by his tail I assumed it was Roidley. Yea if I'm missing something forgive me I haven't had much sleep lately..

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ridley's look in Subspace Emissary was so perfect. Wish they would have kept it.
Now I support Ridley, but the skeletal design he had in Brawl and past games I just couldn't see being shrunk down without looking odd. That's why I thought Roidley gave him a much better chance to be playable.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is the most wanted character in the west, Mewtwo is the most wanted character in the East. Revealing both in one trailer would generate so much hype.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Now I support Ridley, but the skeletal design he had in Brawl and past games I just couldn't see being shrunk down without looking odd. That's why I thought Roidley gave him a much better chance to be playable.
I thought he looked ok scaled down. I think that's in the second post of this forum.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I thought he looked ok scaled down. I think that's in the second post of this forum.
It's just my personal opinion on it. I really like the look of Roidley (AKA Other M Ridley). It just looks so nice shrunken down compared to the previous forms of Ridley. He looked too thin and boney for my personal tastes.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
It's just my personal opinion on it. I really like the look of Roidley (AKA Other M Ridley). It just looks so nice shrunken down compared to the previous forms of Ridley. He looked too thin and boney for my personal tastes.
I never played Other M so maybe I just haven't had the chance to appreciate the design enough.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why did no one take note of Charizards new gigantic wings, if he were to be scaled up to Bowsers size, I'm pretty sure the shadow would be as big as Ridleys shadow.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I never played Other M so maybe I just haven't had the chance to appreciate the design enough.
Let's just say the best part about the game is Ridley. At first I didn't like his design, but I grew to appreciate it more and more. Plus I'm keeping the stance that if Other M Ridley didn't appear I don't think his chances for Smash 4 would of been as high simply due to his design. That might not be a popular opinion, but that's how I felt. Roidley just looks like he fits so much better in Smash than previous designs of him. Again..just my opinion.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Well in your opinion I may not be a "real smash fan", but I'm not getting the DS version because I don't see a reason to get it since the Wii U version exists. Especially since I don't own a 3DS.

It'd be like buying a full price demo AND a separate device to play it on.
except the 3DS and wii u versions both have their own exclusive content... so i dont see your point.

also, i dunno what you're calling a "demo", but thats a good way to upset some people, if you're referring to the 3DS version as such, when it obviously has had just as much work put into it.

are we really going to turn this ridley thread into a war against each other?

i think thats the last thing we need here, especially about the consoles the game is gonna be on.

whatever, getting back to ridley... how the hell has this topic gone on as long as it has... i cant even think of anything else to say!

well, getting back to a subject sorta related to ridley... i heard some people say how pyrosphere has been largely ignored for the most part... except as i mentioned earlier, there are tons of screenshots of it... so its hardly being ignored... but those screenshots are good support for ridley, because, and i think i mentioned this before... despite there being tons of images of the stage, there is not even the slightest hint of ridley being a part of the stage.

if ridley was a boss in the stage... i'd find it hard to believe that there could be over 60 images taken of the stage and not a single one shows ridley in any way, shape, or form.

meanwhile, almost every picture of wily's castle and the "find mii" stage or whatever its called, shows their respective bosses.

You, my friend, might want to save up for the Wii U Bundle for Smash bros. You can kill two birds with one stone that way.

Edited because link was inaccurate. There's a link out there that shows the bundle that has the console, game, and gamecube controller but I can't seem to find the link. Sorry for the inconvenience, the bundle I had linked didn't include the console...
a $100 bundle? that is just for the game, adaptor, and controller, right?

and there is another bundle that includes the console?

but that would be alot more, most likely... and as i said, i cant even afford the console by itself anytime soon... which means not anytime this year... probably not even very soon next year... things are really rough, and i have no one else i could turn to for help in the matter, so im basically screwed until things turn around for me.

i can afford the occasional game, but not much more.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
except the 3DS and wii u versions both have their own exclusive content... so i dont see your point.

also, i dunno what you're calling a "demo", but thats a good way to upset some people, if you're referring to the 3DS version as such, when it obviously has had just as much work put into it.

are we really going to turn this ridley thread into a war against each other?

i think thats the last thing we need here, especially about the consoles the game is gonna be on.

whatever, getting back to ridley... how the hell has this topic gone on as long as it has... i cant even think of anything else to say!

well, getting back to a subject sorta related to ridley... i heard some people say how pyrosphere has been largely ignored for the most part... except as i mentioned earlier, there are tons of screenshots of it... so its hardly being ignored... but those screenshots are good support for ridley, because, and i think i mentioned this before... despite there being tons of images of the stage, there is not even the slightest hint of ridley being a part of the stage.

if ridley was a boss in the stage... i'd find it hard to believe that there could be over 60 images taken of the stage and not a single one shows ridley in any way, shape, or form.

meanwhile, almost every picture of wily's castle and the "find mii" stage or whatever its called, shows their respective bosses.
There really is nothing left to say. All we've really got to speculate on is when he'll be announced.

About Pyrosphere. If Sakurai is really stupid enough to not add Ridley and hide the fact that he's a stage boss, then I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let any screenshots of Ridley on that stage out.

I really doubt that he'd go to such great lengths to hide it, though. If he wasn't a playable character, he would have just outright said it.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
There really is nothing left to say. All we've really got to speculate on is when he'll be announced.

About Pyrosphere. If Sakurai is really stupid enough to not add Ridley and he's hiding the fact that he's a stage boss, then I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let any screenshots of Ridley on that stage out.

I really doubt that he'd go to such great lengths to hide it, though. If he wasn't a playable character, he would have just outright said it.

thats the thing... that'd be alot of effort to have so many screenshots taken of the stage, with battles raging on, and making sure not a single one of them included ridley if he WAS a hazard... especially since the other bosses seem to appear only... what, seconds apart?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
thats the thing... that'd be alot of effort to have so many screenshots taken of the stage, with battles raging on, and making sure not a single one of them included ridley if he WAS a hazard... especially since the other bosses seem to appear only... what, seconds apart?
Well Sakurai creates and releases all of the Screenshots himself. It's not that hard to hide things when you're developing the game. On top of that, the stage itself hasn't been playable ANYWHERE yet. If someone played on that stage and Ridley wasn't there, everyone would immediately assume that he's a playable character. Sakurai doesn't want that. He wants to properly announce characters and keep the hype train steadily going.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why did no one take note of Charizards new gigantic wings, if he were to be scaled up to Bowsers size, I'm pretty sure the shadow would be as big as Ridleys shadow.
Were those pictures just released now?

Because I don't recall ever seeing them before. Anyways, great find! My Charizard is looking more and more fantastic and my hopes for Ridley have grown even further.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Check out Charizards wings when he is bouncing off the Boxing Ring springs. They look massive, kinda like a certain purple dragons shadow.
Woah... Those wings ARE massive! Seriously, those are really big.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Were those pictures just released now?

Because I don't recall ever seeing them before. Anyways, great find! My Charizard is looking more and more fantastic and my hopes for Ridley have grown even further.
I took the one picture of Captain Falcon getting hurt and put it in the Falcon-Image Thread like 5 minutes after the video was out.
I'm ahead of the pack.
...bonk.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Well Sakurai creates and releases all of the Screenshots himself. It's not that hard to hide things when you're developing the game. On top of that, the stage itself hasn't been playable ANYWHERE yet. If someone played on that stage and Ridley wasn't there, everyone would immediately assume that he's a playable character. Sakurai doesn't want that. He wants to properly announce characters and keep the hype train steadily going.
well its been steadily going for a freaking year, almost... if we dont get to our destination soon, im about to leap off this train.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
well its been steadily going for a freaking year, almost... if we dont get to our destination soon, im about to leap off this train.
The game is gonna be out soon. The train will either explode with misery or go into hyperdrive, and it won't be long until we figure out the whole roster.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know that I'm all for Ridley, but just some wise words;
"Where there's dreams, there's nightmares."
Even though the stars are aligning, there's always a chance that there's gonna be that one Pluto on the other side of the Solar System that screws it all up, then we scream at him and he wears a Dunce hat for a few years.
Like Chrom.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Its been Metroid month for a couple of hours for me.

Australia is in the furture ;)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0252.JPG

I wondered this morning...what would happen if Roidley and my Catrín Ridley ever met? this is a part of it....

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I know that I'm all for Ridley, but just some wise words;
"Where there's dreams, there's nightmares."
Even though the stars are aligning, there's always a chance that there's gonna be that one Pluto on the other side of the Solar System that screws it all up, then we scream at him and he wears a Dunce hat for a few years.
Like Chrom.
I'm hoping Ridley is playable, but it won't kill me if he isn't. I just have 2 wishes for characters. Mewtwo and Ridley. I'll be happy if I get one of the two, but I'll be VERY VERY disappointed if neither is playable.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok fellow Ridley supporters there is a question I been wanting to ask you guys about.
How convincing or accurate do you think the shadow analyses that have been posted on this thread are.
80%. Even if his tail somehow was completly straight, he still has a fine size. If it would be the same size as one he has in Metroid games, then it would be at least as big as Samus, not Pikachu.

I saw few questions about what happened to Charizard and Mario`s eyes in that Angelglory`s image. They use exta texture called something like "*character name*_EyeHigh" that is used for...something, i don`t know what. And it is colored either black or white. Some characters don`t have it, like Ridley and Galleom. I think that is because they are bosses. I don`t remember who else had no such texture. I think Meta Knight lacks it too.

Mother Brain's head is also larger than Samus, and Bowser.

I mean look at this thing, it's WAY TOO BIG
Mother Brain always was that big.

So, does anyone have any ideas on how Ridley is going to wield the Hammer?

I'd love to see him do that.
I think Ridley will use his hand to swing hammer.
I think something like that would easily be shunk down without looking odd:

Looks kinda like a perfect Other M+Classic Ridley design. His head is not friggin` huge, he looks like a skeleton, he has long arms AND legs, his eyes are not that big and he is nearly perfect (needs extra finger on hands and feet).
57 minutes until metroid month
Im already in Metroid Month :4samus:. Is is 8th hour of Metroid Month for me. And 14 minutes.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That thing with Charizard's wings got me curious, and I happened to find this image:

If you look closely, you can see the shadow of Charizard's left wing stretched out underneath where Marth is hovering. It looks like it stretches out from where Charizard is standing up to the edge of that center circle. Would this be at all helpful for shadow comparisons?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm feeling more and more confident about his inclusion. We haven't even heard them MENTION Ridley by name yet, and that's a really good sign to me. Please don't disappoint Sakurai. You couldn't possibly think that a boss stage hazard is this cool.

Honestly I don't think I've ever actually encountered Ridley in a game besides Smash before, but threads like this one and all the speculation that's been going on (showing all the incarnations of him throughout the years) has gotten me so freaking hyped for this guy! Come on! He's a badass, extremely intelligent, space pirate dragon, and he's pretty much the only reoccurring character in Metroid besides Samus?! It's time my friends. Our purple murderer is due for arrival. Oh... that didn't sound that great. Has anyone thought this story is pretty ****ing dark for Nintendo? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Warning Received
On the East Coast. 45 minutes till Metroid month for me!

I'm feeling more and more confident about his inclusion. We haven't even heard them MENTION Ridley by name yet, and that's a really good sign to me. Please don't disappoint Sakurai. You couldn't possibly think that a boss stage hazard is this cool.

Honestly I don't think I've ever actually encountered Ridley in a game besides Smash before, but threads like this one and all the speculation that's been going on (showing all the incarnations of him throughout the years) has gotten me so freaking hyped for this guy! Come on! He's a badass, extremely intelligent, space pirate dragon, and he's pretty much the only reoccurring character in Metroid besides Samus?! It's time my friends. Our murderer is due for arrival. Oh... that didn't sound that great. Has anyone thought this story is pretty ****ing dark for Nintendo? lol
I guess you can kinda count Dark Samus as a reoccurring character, but that's only in the Prime games. Ridley is EASILY the most popular Nintendo character that hasn't been playable yet. Metroid desperately needs more reps as well. We only have Samus..twice. I'll give Sakurai props we have more Metroid assist trophies now.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Honestly I don't think I've ever actually encountered Ridley in a game besides Smash before, but threads like this one and all the speculation that's been going on (showing all the incarnations of him throughout the years) has gotten me so freaking hyped for this guy! Come on! He's a badass, extremely intelligent, space pirate dragon, and he's pretty much the only reoccurring character in Metroid besides Samus?! It's time my friends. Our purple murderer is due for arrival. Oh... that didn't sound that great. Has anyone thought this story is pretty ****ing dark for Nintendo? lol
Welcome aboard!

Metroid is a fantastic series to get into, mate. If you want to start out with a game, I highly recommend Super Metroid, as it's easily available on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom