• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

flywithme

Smash Rookie
Fly: Nah. It'll be me also. My wireless connection is 3 rooms away. I'm gonna try and get an LAN adaptor. See if that makes it any better. The screen froze for like 10 seconds in one of those matches O.o
heh wasnt a bad fight realy. just the lag was...incredible.

my cheesy taunts ftw. :laugh:

yogho

Smash Apprentice
I recommend not to try US Brawl on lower firmware than 3.2E. Japanese Brawl works on 3.1E. In lower firmware versions you'll propably brick/semi-brick your Wii cause there is 3.2U update on US Brawl and propably 3.1J on Japanese Brawl. But if you have 3.2E then there will be nothing to worry.

And now I'm sure that the update that you must install to play Brawl won't brick your Wii on future updates. One guy had Japanese Brawl and the update installed from that version. Then he got the US version and didn't have to update it so that update will most likely be the same for the European Brawl. So we are still getting lag free online.

E: Yeah and the Freeloader itself supposedly works on all firmware versions. Brawl is all what's in my mind.
Freeloader works with any update :D
Though it would be safer to use 3.1E or 3.2E (not sure what happens if its below)..
Thanks a bunch. Cant wait to get it!

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Yay, I got my Freeloader today (I already had Brawl). It's simply amazing.
You should all look forward to it!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Anyone get a message from Nintendo telling them that there's an update available? O.o

I'm not updating. Not until the PAL version comes out anyway xP

milind4

Smash Apprentice
so did anyone get the dust error?? that's the second mort thing on the list of things that worry me.. right after customs...

Faith: what shipping method did you use in your shipment.. i've never heard of anyone getting it in 3 days with free shipping...

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
hold on, i need some confirmation.

The wii freeloader will make the Wii discard and ignore any Wii updates that is needed for it to start and therefore, it loads straight into the main game?

So are we still allowed to manually load PAL updates via internet? and also, the golden rule is to never update the Wii console from NTSC discs right?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Check the first page tbh...
You CAN ignore the update on the NTSC Brawl disc, but without it, the game will not work. The update on the Brawl disk will keep your Wii as 3.1/3.2E so it shouldnt be anything to worry about

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
and **** I have 3 Freeloaders possible arriving tomorrow due to none the sites cancelling my orders :|

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
This is confusing, if we still have to upload updates then the freeloader doesn't really ignore them.

im def sure the freeloader wont work for long. ah well, its a good substitute until the PAL version comes.

Skepsis

Smash Rookie
Augh!

Freeloader from BMC came in the mail today. Still no Brawl though. And since its friday and the post doesn't come on weekends, I wont be getting it until Monday at the earliest.

The distance between the UK and Australia is larger than the distance between the USA and Australia, which makes me wonder how my Freeloader from the UK got here before my Brawl from America. I think it says a lot about the US postal service!

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
I was about to ask this but I went on MyWii.com.au and someone said that it works.
sweet. i just got mine, and when i loaded it, i didnt see any "Multiple colour bars", the middle of the screen just sorta blurred a bit twice. Is that normal?

Edit: I just found out it is normal.

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
Alright, so people are saying that it's best to have 3.2E firmware before playing Brawl. A question, how do I know that I have this update? If I don't have it, how do I get it?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Alright, so people are saying that it's best to have 3.2E firmware before playing Brawl. A question, how do I know that I have this update? If I don't have it, how do I get it?
You cansee which version you have in the Wii options. You can update when you test your internet-connection on your Wii, if you have one.

Madjura

Smash Rookie
Anyone from Europe here has it?
I put Freeloader in once, let it load, take it out, put Brawl in.
=> Black TV, no light on Wiimote.
However, on first page you say i should put it in 3 times, then put Brawl in. I've heard on one other forum that putting it in twice in a row allows it to update, which may break the Wii.
So, who is right? :)

kereo

Smash Cadet
For the first time, insert freeloader, eject when its done, insert again, eject when its done, insert brawl, allow the tiny update. Afterwards check if your firmware is still 3.1E/3.2E.

after that first initial run, you only need to insert the freeloader once.
The update that you allow to install is a tiny one, and is gamespecific, not region specific. The region specific ones are the ones that can wreck your wii.

Madjura

Smash Rookie
Thanks, tried it.
Same as before, Brawl shows up in Disc Channel, but after I hit start, the screen doesn't get black, it gets blue :S

Madjura

Smash Rookie
... Thanks, it works. My TV isnt 60Hz here, so now I have to carry my Wii all through our house down to the living room ;P But thanks mate, youre awesome!

Madjura

Smash Rookie
It's me again :p
I don't want to carry my Wii all through our house, so could I use a RGB Cable on my Euro Wii to play Brawl in 60Hz mode?

kereo

Smash Cadet
Should be possible. My Wii is set to 60Hz and I am using a scart cable. Works just fine. My gamecube games always played in 60Hz (when possible) with the use of a scart cable aswell.

Its just the question of, can your TV handle the 60Hz :)

Madjura

Smash Rookie
Thanks again :)
So, it's worth trying? ;) I still got a 100Hz TV in our house, this one would work for sure, right? Only if the Cable doesn't help. :)

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Should be possible. My Wii is set to 60Hz and I am using a scart cable. Works just fine. My gamecube games always played in 60Hz (when possible) with the use of a scart cable aswell.

Its just the question of, can your TV handle the 60Hz :)
Awesome, that's what I have. :D

My Freeloader arrived...oh god I hope Air Mail delivers on Saturdays. >_<

kereo

Smash Cadet
Awesome, that's what I have. :D

My Freeloader arrived...oh god I hope Air Mail delivers on Saturdays. >_<
Hmm, my post can be interpreted the wrong way. So let me correct myself. I don't have brawl yet. I meant, my games play in 60Hz while using a scart cable. I have yet to test Brawl myself as I am still (eager and impatiently) awaiting its arrival :)

Madjura

Smash Rookie
Ah, thanks :) So, buying one of them and using it with my Wii could help? :)

Edit: Forgot to say: I'm not the technic pro :( :laugh:

kereo

Smash Cadet
neither am I. But like I said, my TV handles my games on 60Hz just fine with that. So, yeah, if 60Hz ain't working for good color, its your TV I think.

Top Bottom