• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebirth of OTL: First Smash for 3DS 16 Man Online Tournament! (CLOSED: CONGRATS JERM!)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Greetings fellow smash 4 enthusiasts! With the American/European release date being this Friday, I decided it was time I posted an online tournament listing here on this section of the forums and see how much interest I could drum up. I used to lurk on SmashBoards and thus have a good idea of how these types of tournaments are generally run. Anyway, I'm going to cut to the chase and explain just what type of tournament this shall be as well as talk about some rules/guidelines for it so that everything shall go smoothly and hopefully without any hitches ;)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: THIS PARTICULAR TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY AT 10:30 ON OCTOBER 11th AS WELL AS ON SUNDAY IF NEEDED FOR THE WEEKEND IS GENERALLY WHEN PEOPLE HAVE THE MOST FREE TIME ON THIER HANDS. HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE OR IF SOMETHING COMES UP DURING THAT TIME THAT WILL CONFLICT WITH THIS TOURNAMENT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

EDIT AS OF OCTOBER 11th: TO WHOMEVER IT CONCERNS, BELOW IS A LIST OF THIS TOURNAMENT'S RESULTS
16 Players signed up. 13 checked in by the time of the tournament's start. The remaining 3 players who failed to check in were quickly disqualified resulting in some funky brackets. 2 more players failed to show up and were promptly disqualified after a small period of waiting on them.

ROUND 1

ADAPT_Chance VS Slyphoria

Chance won 3 to 0

Thizzfface VS LukeDuke

LukeDuke won 3 to 1

KAB1 VS xSinCarax

KAB1 won 3 to 2

TPM_23 vs sybronx

TPM_23 won by default due to sybronx's absence

jonftl VS Atomic_Shaymin

Atomic_Shaymin won 3 to 2

Loser's Bracket Round 1

Thizzfface VS xSinCarax

Thizzfface won by default for xSinCarax failed to show up.

Round 2*

*Due to 3 players being eliminated right off the bat for failing to check in to Rebirth of OTL, Jerm, TTYK and CrazySolaire16 were put in Round 2 by default.

Jerm VS ADAPT_chance

Chance won 3-2

LukeDuke VS KAB1

KAB1 won 3-1

TPM_23 vs CrazySolaire16

TPM_23 once again moved on by default for his opponent was mysteriously absent

Atomic_Shaymin vs TTYK

TTYK won by default as Shaymin left the tournament to attend to his job.

Loser's Round 2

jonftl VS Jerm

Jerm won 3-0

Round 3

ADAPT_chance VS KAB1

chance won 3-0

TPM_23 VS TTYK

TTYK won 3 to 0

Loser's Bracket Round 3

Slyphoria VS thizzfface

thizzfface won 3-2

Jerm VS LukeDuke

Jerm won 3-1

Semi-Finals

ADAPT_chance VS TTYK

chance won the match 3-2 and proceeded to Grand Finals

Loser's Bracket 4

KAB1 VS thizzfface

KAB1 won 3 to 0

Jerm vs TPM_23

Jerm won 3-0

Fourth Place Match*

* I had TPM_23 and thizzfface duke it out in one quick best 2 out of 3 match to determine who places in fourth!

TPM_23 vs thizzfface

thizzfface won 3-1 and took 4th place which earned him 14 Battle Points

Loser's Semi-Finals/Third Place Match

KAB1 vs Jerm

Jerm won the match 3-1 and proceeded to Grand Finals to face off against ADAPT_chance

The loser KAB1 placed third and earned 26 Battle Points

GRAND FINALS*

*Both players agreed upon two sets if one of them were to win 3 matches in a row. The winner of the second set would be the 1st place winner!

ADAPT_chance VS Jerm

Jerm won the first set 3-0

Jerm won the second set also 3-0

Jerm placed 1st earning him 50 Battle Points

ADAPT_chance lost and placed 2nd, but earned 38 Battle Points

One last thing, it says that TTYK placed third though this is not true as it was KAB who placed third, thizzface placed 4th, TPM_23 placed fifth making TTYK actually place 6th by my guesstimate

MOST IMPORTANT EDIT OF ALL: IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN TO SHOW UP TOMMORROW FOR THE TOURNAMENT (WHICH SHALL TAKE PLACE STARTING AT 10:30 AM CENTRAL TIME), CHECK OUT THE TIME ZONES MAP LINK BELOW:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa12.php

EDIT: AS OF OCTOBER 5TH, ALL SPOTS IN THE SIGN UP SHEET HAVE BEEN FILLED! PLEASE READ THIS IF NOTHING ELSE BEFORE YOU TRY TO REGISTER AS THAT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE!

EDIT 2: On the day of the tournament, I highly suggest staying logged in on this particular thread at least until you are eliminated from the tournament. This will help me keep track of who's actually here and who's not!

Rules/Guidelines:

0. SUPER IMPORTANT!: THE COMBATANTS IN THE SEMI-FINALS AND GRAND FINALS OF REBIRTH OF OTL SHALL BE REQUIRED TO RECORD A REPLAY OF THE WINNING MATCH (WHICH SHALL BE THE MATCH IN WHICH ONE COMBATANT WILL WIN HIS/HER THIRD MATCH!) AND SEND IT TO ADAPT_Chance SO HE CAN PUT IT ON HERE FOR OTHERS TO WATCH AND FOR ME TO LATER ARCHIVE FOR FUTURE USE. HIS 3DS FRIEND CODE CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT: 4613-8804-8708

ADAPT_Chance's Twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/adaptchance

ADAPT_Chance's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtzZWugzq4YR_NNx0olYH3w

1. All general rules and etiquette still applies here. A bit of good natured trash talking is allowed, but that's it. If you have absolutely nothing nice to say at all, keep it to yourself. If possible, I would like to have a mod who either is in charge of watching over this section of the forums or a super moderator to keep an eye on this thread and thus help keep this rule enforced.

2. Signups begin today and will extend through October 9th. Scroll down to the sign up sheet in purple and click on the challonge.com page for the tournament to sign up for registration and again at on Friday morning October 10th starting at 10:30 AM through Saturday morning October 11th 10:30 AM to check in before the tournament starts.

EDIT: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AS OF OCTOBER 5th

The tournament shall begin at 10:30 AM on October 11th. I shall send everybody who signed up a friendly PM on Wednesday October 8th reminding you to set aside some time on Saturday October 11th starting at 10:30 AM Central Time (you may have to adapt depending on your time zone) to do your matches! Check ins will begin on Thursday October 9th and will extend until Saturday October 11th. Fail to check in before then and that shall be your own fault for you will be disqualified on the spot. No questions asked.

The style of the tournament is double elimination. In the top bracket Round 1, everybody will face off against their opponent of my choosing. (Please check to see whom you are pitted against before Saturday) From there, 8 winners of Round 1 shall move on to round two and the 8 losers of the first round shall be put in the Loser's Bracket Round 1 where they shall fight for another shot at making it to the Grand Finals. Four of the losers shall emerge victorious and proceed to Loser's Bracket Round 2 where they will joined by the four losers of Round 2 and again fight for a spot in the Grand Finals.

By Round 3 and Loser's Bracket Round 3, four players shall remain on either side and if you get eliminated at this point in either bracket, that's it! No more chances for you! Two players from both sides shall emerge victorious and move on to the Semi-Finals and the Grand Finals will consist of one person from the Winner's Bracket and one person from the Loser's Bracket. Can Winners actually win? Can Loser's become winners? Find out in the Grand Finals for its sure to be exciting and exhilarating ;)

3. PLEASE READ THIS RULE AS ITS IMPORTANT

As it does take a good bit of time to get them all unlocked even with that exploit someone discovered recently, I feel it would only be fair to PROHIBIT CUSTOM MOVES for this tournament as obviously no ones going to have everything unlocked on an American/European copy of the game. If you have a Japanese copy, that is fine. Just make sure to adhere to this rule and make sure your fighter(s) of choice have their default moveset equipped. Custom equipment is also in the same boat as it can give unfair advantages depending on what's used. One more thing, make sure that if you use :4palutena:or :4mii:/:4miif: that you are using the default moveset they come equipped with.

4. When you sign up on the list below, sign up with following info:

Example: ToadsterOven, (challonge.com username)*, 3DS Friend Code, :4link:,:4littlemac:, :4falcon:

Example using a Mii Fighter as one of your fighters: :4mii:or :4miif:and which class you intend on using.*

i.e :4miif:+ :4miibrawl: or :4mii: + :4miisword:

* (You ARE allowed to mix up which class (:4miibrawl:,:4miigun:,:4miisword:) or type of Mii (Lightweight, Medium weight, and Heavyweight) you use between matches if you feel it might help your situation depending on the match up)

I'm sure it goes without saying, but once the brackets are in order, it is your job to add your opponents friend code ahead of time as it is his/her's

:substitute: stands for random

5. The matches shall be the best of THREE. First to win 3 matches is the winner. The maximum amount of matches allowed between opponents is 5 depending on how long it takes one person to win 3 matches.

Stocks shall be set to two as some people seem to prefer it to three based on gameplay streams and tournaments for 4 on the 3DS that have occurred so far.

Time shall be set to 6 minutes taking into account that some character match ups lean a bit towards projectile camping such as :4duckhunt:,:4villager:/:4villagerf:, :4megaman:, etc.

6. I shall PM all of you a friendly reminder three days before the tournament begins to not only be here for it, but to also DO YOUR MATCHES. As this tournament shall be happening on the weekend, there should be few excuses if any. I and most likely someone else who I shall personally nominate to help run this tournament will continue to remind you all throughout Saturday (and possibly Sunday) to do your matches until the Grand Finals are completed. Once you have finished your matches, Either PM me or my assistant your results. You can also make a post in this thread as well about your results or notify me in the tournament's Challonge page.

7. If you are interested in helping me run this tournament, that is fine. Either PM me or make a post in this thread. If you have previously run tournaments on here or elsewhere, please post that information as it will make you more likely to be chosen. However, YOU are responsible for helping run this tournament should I nominate you so keep that in mind!

8. As noted at the top of this thread. Should something come up that would prohibit you from participating in the tournament, please let us know so there won't be any inconveniences. It's a headache in any tournament when you have to wait on someone for too long and I would like to avoid those as much as possible. If you are running a bit late then OK that's acceptable. Happens all the time in tournaments. I'll just run the matches where both combatants are here first until I get to the spare(s). I'll even grant a 15 minute grace period when it's down to the spare(s). However, if its been more than 15 minutes and you still haven't showed up, you sir will be disqualified immediately and your opponent will get a free pass so to speak and move on to the next round.

STAGE LIST:

LEGAL STAGES:

BATTLEFIELD

FINAL DESTINATION

YOSHI'S ISLAND (BRAWL)

COUNTERPICKS:

TORTIMER ISLAND

ARENA FEROX

PRISM TOWER

RESET BOMB FOREST

BANNED:

EVERYTHING ELSE

SPECIAL EXCEPTION:

OMEGA STAGES (FD VERSION OF STAGES) SHALL BE PROHIBITED UNTIL THE SEMI-FINALS! FROM THERE, REFER TO THIS GUY'S* POST BELOW ABOUT COUNTERPICKING OMEGA VERSION'S OF STAGES

http://smashboards.com/threads/how-i-think-we-should-handle-all-of-these-fds.368358/

ITEMS

NO ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED PERIOD. BE SURE TO SET THEM TO OFF BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR MATCHES

IMPORTANT: THE SIGN UP SHEET IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. I AM PLANNING ON HAVE IT BEING A 16 MAN TOURNAMENT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TRAFFIC THIS THREAD RECIEVES.

This part is obvious. Refer to the Rules/Guidelines section highlighted in orange specifically rule number 4 if you need to know how to sign up. Again, it is first come first serve as well as no more than 16 entrants. Sign up at the link below. Once everybody has signed up and you know who you are facing off against, refer to the sheet to find your opponent's 3DS friend code.

http://challonge.com/R3B1RT4

1. Jerm/Taste112/3222-6136-9787/:4shulk:

2. TTYK/ash125o/4656-7936-6612/:4greninja:

3. CrazySolaire/Solaire16/4356-1196-1760/:4bowser:,:4darkpit:

4. Puppetmm2/Puppetmm2/2363-5257-8084/ :4pacman:

5. KAB1/wii_food_trainer/3668-7707-3514/ :4wiifit:

6. chisengen/chisengen/1907-8693-8602/ :4littlemac:,:4robinf:

7. Sybronx/sybronx/1865-0786 -9027/ :4littlemac:

8. PeterJK/PeterJK/4940-5429-7494/ :4shulk:,:4lucina:

9. jonftl/jonftl/5370-0725-8432/ :4darkpit:,:4littlemac:

10. Slyphoria/Slyphoria (Raidcall)/4184-1884-8690/:4gaw:,:4rob:

11. Thizzfface/Thizzfface/2938-6739-6903/ :4megaman:,:4marth:

12. Lukeduke186/Lukeduke186/1521-2656-7668/ :4mario:,:rosalina:,:4robinm:

13. Atomic_Shayman/Atomic_Shayman/1805-2353-7958/ :rosalina:,:4kirby:

14. xSinCarax/xSinCarax/4313-2082-1946/ :4ganondorf:,:4fox:

15. TPM_23/TPM_23/0602-6788-5997/ :4jigglypuff:,:4bowserjr:,:4darkpit:

16. ADAPT chance/Chance/ 4613-8804-8708/ :substitute: (random)

Brackets: THE BRACKETS ARE LISTED BELOW ON THE TOURNAMENT'S CHALLONGE PAGE. I MIGHT SWITCH UP WHO IS FACING WHO BEFORE THE START OF THE TOURAMENT ON OCTOBER 11th. AS STATED ABOVE, YOU CAN FIND YOUR OPPONENTS FRIEND CODE BY CHECKING THE SIGN UP SHEET ON THIS POST.

Miscellaneous:

There is NO particular prize this time. To the winner, you shall receive the honor of having been the winner of Rebirth of OTL.

OCTOBER 10th EDIT: AS NOTED BELOW, I'VE DECIDED TO AWARD BATTLE POINTS TO 1ST THROUGH 4TH PLACE.

• FIRST PLACE WILL GET 50 BP

• SECOND PLACE WILL GET 38 BP

• THIRD PLACE WILL GET 26 BP

• FOURTH PLACE WILL GET 14 BP

EDIT: I HAVE SINCE DECIDED AS OF OCTOBER 6th TO AWARD WHAT I SHALL CALL BATTLE POINTS (BP) TO 1ST THROUGH 4TH PLACE. AFTER SOME DEBATING BACK AND FORTH IN THE OTL SOCIAL THREAD, A REVISED VERSION OF MY INITAL IDEA WAS SUGGESTED BY SOMEONE ELSE IN RESPONSE TO MY ORIGINAL POST. LONG STORY SHORT, ONCE QUITE A FEW TOURNAMENTS HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN OTL AND A PROPER REWARDS/PRIZE SYSTEM HAS BEEN WORKED OUT BY ME AND A FEW OTHER OTL MEMBERS, EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO PUT ANY AND ALL BP YOU RECIEVE TO GOOD USE ;) UNTIL THEN, GIVE IT YOUR ALL AND TRY TO RACK UP AS MUCH BP AS YOU CAN!

*CREDIT GOES TO @ AugsEU AugsEU FOR COMING UP WITH THE IDEA FOR HOW TO HANDLE OMEGA VERSIONS OF STAGES IN COMPETITIVE TOURNAMENT PLAY IN THE 3DS COMPETITIVE DISCUSSION SUB SECTION OF THE 3DS BOARDS IN THE THREAD "How I think we should handle all of these FD's"

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME SO LONG AS THEY ARE REASONABLE AND THE MAJORITY CAN AGREE ON THEM

*A CHALLONGE.COM ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED. NO EXCEPTIONS. REGISTERING FOR ONE IS FREE AND TAKES LESS THAN 3 MINUTES

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Sweeet sounds good. Challonge name @ Taste112, temporary fc: 3222 6136 9787, and I would like to use some :4shulk:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Greetings fellow smash 4 enthusiasts! With the American/European release date being this Friday, I decided it was time I posted an online tournament listing here on this section of the forums and see how much interest I could drum up. I used to lurk on SmashBoards and thus have a good idea of how these types of tournaments are generally run. Anyway, I'm going to cut to the chase and explain just what type of tournament this shall be as well as talk about some rules/guidelines for it so that everything shall go smoothly and hopefully without any hitches ;)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: THIS PARTICULAR TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY AT 10:30 ON OCTOBER 11th AS WELL AS ON SUNDAY IF NEEDED FOR THE WEEKEND IS GENERALLY WHEN PEOPLE HAVE THE MOST FREE TIME ON THIER HANDS. HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE OR IF SOMETHING COMES UP DURING THAT TIME THAT WILL CONFLICT WITH THIS TOURNAMENT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Rules/Guidelines:

1. All general rules and etiquette still applies here. A bit of good natured trash talking is allowed, but that's it. If you have absolutely nothing nice to say at all, keep it to yourself. If possible, I would like to have a mod who either is in charge of watching over this section of the forums or a super moderator to keep an eye on this thread and thus help keep this rule enforced.

2. Signups begin today and will extend through October 9th. Scroll down to the sign up sheet in purple and click on the challonge.com page for the tournament to sign up for registration and again at on Friday morning October 10th starting at 10:30 AM through Saturday morning October 11th 10:30 AM to check in before the tournament starts. The tournament shall begin at 10:30 AM on October 11th. Fail to check in before then and that shall be your own fault for you will be disqualified along with your opponent you were seeded against. I'd like to have around 16 people sign up if possible. NO MORE THAN 16 however!

3. PLEASE READ THIS RULE AS ITS IMPORTANT

As it does take a good bit of time to get them all unlocked even with that exploit someone discovered recently, I feel it would only be fair to PROHIBIT CUSTOM MOVES for this tournament as obviously no ones going to have everything unlocked on an American/European copy of the game. If you have a Japanese copy, that is fine. Just make sure to adhere to this rule and make sure your fighter(s) of choice have their default moveset equipped. Custom equipment is also in the same boat as it can give unfair advantages depending on what's used. One more thing, make sure that if you use :4palutena:or :4mii:/:4miif: that you are using the default moveset they come equipped with.

4. When you sign up on the list below, sign up with following info:

Example: ToadsterOven, (challonge.com username), 3DS Friend Code, :4link:,:4littlemac:, :4falcon:

Example using a Mii Fighter as one of your fighters: :4mii:or :4miif:and which class you intend on using.*

i.e :4miif:+ :4miibrawl: or :4mii: + :4miisword:

* (You ARE allowed to mix up which class (:4miibrawl:,:4miigun:,:4miisword:) or type of Mii (Lightweight, Medium weight, and Heavyweight) you use between matches if you feel it might help your situation depending on the match up)

I'm sure it goes without saying, but once the brackets are in order, it is your job to add your opponents friend code ahead of time as it is his/her's

5. The matches shall be the best of THREE. First to win 3 matches is the winner. No exceptions.

Stocks shall be set to two as some people seem to prefer it to three based on gameplay streams and tournaments for 4 on the 3DS that have occurred so far.

Time shall be set to 6 minutes taking into account that some character match ups lean a bit towards projectile camping such as :4duckhunt:,:4villager:/:4villagerf:, :4megaman:, etc.

6. I shall PM all of you a friendly reminder two days before the tournament begins to not only be here for it, but to also DO YOUR MATCHES. As this tournament shall be happening on the weekend, there should be few excuses if any. I and most likely someone else who I shall personally nominate to help run this tournament will continue to remind you all throughout Saturday (and possibly Sunday) to do your matches until the Grand Finals are completed. Once you have finished your matches, Either PM me or my assistant your results. You can also make a post in this thread as well about your results or notify me in the tournament's Challonge page.

7. If you are interested in helping me run this tournament, that is fine. Either PM me or make a post in this thread. If you have previously run tournaments on here or elsewhere, please post that information as it will make you more likely to be chosen. However, YOU are responsible for helping run this tournament should I nominate you so keep that in mind!

8. As noted at the top of this thread. Should something come up that would prohibit you from participating in the tournament, please let us know so there won't be any inconveniences. Not to be mean, but lets say player A and B don't show up to do their matches against each other or even one of them isn't around, both shall be disqualified no questions asked. It's a headache in any tournament and I would like to avoid those as much as possible.

STAGE LIST:

LEGAL STAGES:

BATTLEFIELD

FINAL DESTINATION

YOSHI'S ISLAND (BRAWL)

COUNTERPICKS:

TORTIMER ISLAND

ARENA FEROX

PRISM TOWER

RESET BOMB FOREST

BANNED:

EVERYTHING ELSE

SPECIAL EXCEPTION:

OMEGA STAGES (FD VERSION OF STAGES) SHALL BE PROHIBITED UNTIL THE SEMI-FINALS! FROM THERE, REFER TO THIS GUY'S* POST BELOW ABOUT COUNTERPICKING OMEGA VERSION'S OF STAGES

http://smashboards.com/threads/how-i-think-we-should-handle-all-of-these-fds.368358/

ITEMS

NO ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED PERIOD. BE SURE TO SET THEM TO OFF BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR MATCHES

IMPORTANT: THE SIGN UP SHEET IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. I AM PLANNING ON HAVE IT BEING A 16 MAN TOURNAMENT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TRAFFIC THIS THREAD RECIEVES.

This part is obvious. Refer to the Rules/Guidelines section highlighted in orange specifically rule number 4 if you need to know how to sign up. Again, it is first come first serve as well as no more than 16 entrants. Sign up at the link below

1. Jerm/Taste112/3222-6136-9787/:4shulk:

Brackets: COME BACK ONCE THE TOURNAMENT IS UNDERWAY! THE BRACKETS SHALL SHOW UP ON THE TOURNAMENT'S CHALLONGE PAGE ONCE PEOPLE START SIGNING UP .

Miscellaneous:

There is NO particular prize this time. To the winner, you shall receive the honor of having been the winner of Rebirth of OTL

*CREDIT GOES TO @ AugsEU AugsEU FOR COMING UP WITH THE IDEA FOR HOW TO HANDLE OMEGA VERSIONS OF STAGES IN COMPETITIVE TOURNAMENT PLAY IN THE 3DS COMPETITIVE DISCUSSION SUB SECTION OF THE 3DS BOARDS IN THE THREAD "How I think we should handle all of these FD's"

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME SO LONG AS THEY ARE REASONABLE AND THE MAJORITY CAN AGREE ON THEM

Cool, my challonge is ash125o my fc is 465679366612 and you gonna get :4greninja:'d

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Cool, I'll join
Puppetmm2 2363-5257-8084 :4pacman:
Thanks for taking interest in my tournament. However, I do not see your challonge.com name listed on my tournament's brackets. If you are serious about participating, I require that you sign up for it on challonge.com. Making an account is simple and free too. I won't officially add you to the sign up sheet until this happens. Again, thanks for showing an interest in my tournament :)

MrReesh

Smash Rookie
NNID
MistahReesh
3DS FC
2020-0366-9413
I'd like to join, though I can't do 10:30 (GMT) on Saturdays. I could do any time after 17:00 GMT and any time on Sunday. If that's not a problem please sign me up!

MrReesh, MrReesh, 2020-0366-9413 :4link:, :4mario:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I'd like to join, though I can't do 10:30 (GMT) on Saturdays. I could do any time after 17:00 GMT and any time on Sunday. If that's not a problem please sign me up!

MrReesh, MrReesh, 2020-0366-9413 :4link:, :4mario:
I'd rather not hold up the tournament on tournament day just for one person. Thanks for your interest however :)

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
I signed up for the tournament under wii_food_trainer. My friend code is 3668-7707-3514. I will be using the worst best character in the game, :4wiifit:

chisengen

Smash Rookie
I'll sign up for the tournament 1907-8693-8602,
I'm gonna be playing as :4littlemac:,:4robinf:

PeterJK

Smash Rookie
I signed up under PeterJK. FC is 4940-5429-7494. Gonna be using :4shulk: and :4lucina:.

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
FC 5370-0725-8432 using :4darkpit::4littlemac:

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
samsparta,4398-9655-3589,:4robinm:,:4lucina:

edit: what timezone is that 10:30 in?
I live in Central Time and went with that. Adjust accordingly depending on where you live and you should be fine :)

I may not be able to compete due to family reasons
Get back to me by say Tuesday or Wednesday once you know for certain what's up and if you will still be able to compete or not :)

Slyphoria

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SquidWithGlasses
3DS FC
4184-1884-8690
I'll join.

Slyphoria, Slyphoria (Raidcall), 4184-1884-8690, :4gaw:,:4rob:.

Thizzfface

Smash Rookie
Signed up under Thizzfface, my FC is 2938-6739-6903. Ill be using megaman or marth

CrazySolaire

Smash Cadet
I live in Central Time and went with that. Adjust accordingly depending on where you live and you should be fine :)

Get back to me by say Tuesday or Wednesday once you know for certain what's up and if you will still be able to compete or not :)
Oh, i thought it was sunday nevermind then

LukeDuke

Smash Rookie
Signed up under, Lukeduke186, FC:1521-2656-7668 Will be using :4mario:,or:rosalina:or:4robinm:

Last edited:

TPM_23

Smash Cadet
TPM_23, 0602-6788-5997, :4jigglypuff:, :4bowserjr:, :4darkpit:

This is my first real tournament with picks/counterpicks, could someone explain how you and your opponent coordinate your picks?

Also, are we playing to best of 3 (first to 2) or best of 5 (first to 3) in our matches?

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Sign me up.

My FC is on my profile 4313-2082-1946

Mains: :ganondorf::fox:

ALSO, will this count towards our RANK on here smashbowards? Sorry kind of new.
Haha I don't think it does if you mean winning the tournament. Rank is affected by the amount of posts you have made :)

TPM_23, 0602-6788-5997, :4jigglypuff:, :4bowserjr:, :4darkpit:

This is my first real tournament with picks/counterpicks, could someone explain how you and your opponent coordinate your picks?

Also, are we playing to best of 3 (first to 2) or best of 5 (first to 3) in our matches?
I updated the OP to specify best of 5 (first to 3). Sorry for any confusion. This is my first tournament I have ever run and I was kind of running on empty when I crafted the original post late at night. :) As far as counterpicking goes, I believe the loser of one round gets to choose which stage (listed under counterpick) is chosen next. You can probably read more about counterpicking by reading its article on smashwiki.com :)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I meant the Rank for when we input these into the Ladders here lol not the tournament :p
Umm... I think it will. Not too sure how to respond to that! lol

@ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance I don't see your challonge name on my tournament's challonge page yet. Make sure you register for an account/sign in to your challonge account and sign up for Rebirth of OTL on there ASAP okay? :)

Last edited:

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Umm... I think it will. Not too sure how to respond to that! lol

@ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance I don't see your challonge name on my tournament's challonge page yet. Make sure you register for an account/sign in to your challonge account and sign up for Rebirth of OTL on there ASAP okay? :)
all you gotta do is supply the tourney rankings on the RANK section of this website when we are done xD

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
all you gotta do is supply the tourney rankings on the RANK section of this website when we are done xD
Never mind I got what you were saying earlier after thinking about it for a bit XD.

Anyway, to everybody who signed up, I updated the OP with some new information in the rules and guidelines section highlighted in orange! I suggest checking it out ;)

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Never mind I got what you were saying earlier after thinking about it for a bit XD.

Anyway, to everybody who signed up, I updated the OP with some new information in the rules and guidelines section highlighted in orange! I suggest checking it out ;)
haha im sorry but you with that toad picture makes me think of you as a happy go lucky person xD

Top Bottom