• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the reason they chose Wolf over Krystal

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
they needed a villan in the series and wolf is the obviouse choice, the mario series has bowser, the zelda series has gannon, the kirby series has dedede (and metaknight i guess). Just look at the events list:

single event 38: Wolf on a Fox hunt, where you are Wolf angainst Fox and Falco.

co-op event 19: Andross' shadow, where you are Fox and Falco against Wolf.

they only put him in for matchups like these, and if they had Krystal, they would have 4 reprisentatives of the series and lets face it, StarFox doesn't deserve 4 characters like Zelda/mario does. my quetion is: if they already have Fox and Wolf, Why bring Falco back?
Smash needed another female character and Krystal could easily replace Falco in the 2 listed events

the g

Smash Rookie
falco's fanbase is too big from melee thats y he made it bac in brawl!! I mean they dumbed him down a bit but i stilll think that he should be there instead of krystal

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Wolf isn't a villain. If they want a villain they can put Andross as a boss.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Falco's cooler than Wolf or Krystal anyway. He also had lots of potential for a unique moveset back in the day, but that's pretty much out the window now. Anyway, he holds the uncontested position of Viroxor's favorite Star Fox character of all time, and he represents the series' history in a way only Fox can surpass.

Plus, there's that little thing about being essential to the series. He was minor in Assault, but he played a much larger role in Command, what with his escapades with Katt, forming his own team, ect. That is why Falco would be in no matter what. The choice was between Krystal and Wolf, not Krystal and Falco, as so many seem to think. Fox and Falco were the shoe-ins.

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
falco was an easy in, in melee they had to dumb down fox way to much with his laser getting weaker and everything. Falco was the stronger faster easily the better one and now wolf is going to mend both of them and give you back fox from the 64 version of the game.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
falco has been in double the games krystal has and has been in melee why would they
even think of replacing him for such a little role character
krystal ftl

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Falco is more important and more popular than Krystal. Period. He's also a staple in the series.

If anything, Krystal would have to get in over Wolf. Thank God that wasn't the case.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Heres the reason why I think Krystal didnt make the cut.See the thing is,this game already struck a T rating due to the mild violence even tho its cartoonish and unrealitic,go figure.But have any of you guys seen Krystal's attire? Reguardless if shes non-human or whatever but Peach's panties shots are still possible,ZZS is wearing a very tight outfit for examples.Adding Kyrstal in would of add more fuel to the fire.

Nintendo didnt add her because it would give the ESBR ratings something esle to cry about appearing in a game intended for kids.And at the same time,if they try to mod her normal clothes,it would be unappealing to fans and not staying ture to the Smash series(Every character looking like they did in there recent game).Hell,even Mario was under watch when they made me more down to earth to compete with Link's new design.

Believe me,if those ESBR ratings didnt give a flying crap,Kyrstal would be in here in a heartbeat.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Falco's cooler than Wolf or Krystal anyway. He also had lots of potential for a unique moveset back in the day, but that's pretty much out the window now. Anyway, he holds the uncontested position of Viroxor's favorite Star Fox character of all time, and he represents the series' history in a way only Fox can surpass.

Plus, there's that little thing about being essential to the series. He was minor in Assault, but he played a much larger role in Command, what with his escapades with Katt, forming his own team, ect. That is why Falco would be in no matter what. The choice was between Krystal and Wolf, not Krystal and Falco, as so many seem to think. Fox and Falco were the shoe-ins.
Um no, he was a major character in Assault. Both Falco and Wolf played big roles.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, he saved Fox on Fichina from the security drones, but what else did he do in Assault besides talk? I mean, Wolf saved Fox, like, three times and developed a character, whereas Falco was just a trash-talking falcon who saved Fox once in the game. I mean, I'm a total Falco fan, but let's face it, Falco in Assault wasn't really significant.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Hmm... now that I think about it, yeah.

About Command, everybody got at least developed save for Bill (lol I'mjustapilot lol).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
they needed a villan in the series and wolf is the obviouse choice, the mario series has bowser, the zelda series has gannon, the kirby series has dedede (and metaknight i guess). Just look at the events list:

they only put him in for matchups like these, and if they had Krystal, they would have 4 reprisentatives of the series and lets face it, StarFox doesn't deserve 4 characters like Zelda/mario does. my quetion is: if they already have Fox and Wolf, Why bring Falco back?
Smash needed another female character and Krystal could easily replace Falco in the 2 listed events
Way to spoil the events!

Anyway, sure, Mario has a villain, and kirby, and zelda, and now starfox...but DK had the next obvious choice, and gets no love.

Also, I think Wolf was in too because he was part of the game that was Starfox as a series' greatest moment (Starfox 64)

Wolf is just much more historic than Krystal. Krystal... represents the decline in the starfox series... That is all.

AcidVolt

Smash Rookie
THE REAL REASON Y THEY CHOSE WOLF OVER KRYSTAL:
NO ONE cares about krystal

Machete

Smash Ace
We have Fox.
Falco isn't going anywhere. If you're a StarFox fan, you should know that.

Now, we have Wolf vs Krystal.

Wolf is a better character than Krystal. Also, he was in the best game of the series.

Also, Wolf was one of the most popular choices for Melee and this game has every wanted character for Melee (except Goroh and Mewtwo).

And, face it, both Wolf and Falco are far more awesome than Krystal.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You call Wolf Fox's "Bowser"? While, Falco would be Fox's "Luigi" in that manner, his best bud, his partner.

Igneous42

Smash Ace

While an Interesting outlook I don't think thats the reason. If it were then why wouldn't every Nintendo char get a evil counterpart? What about Samus? Even if you argue Ridley was too big there is still Dark Samus.

I think they added Wolf over Krystal due to time constraints. He was probably easier to program in seeing as how a lot of him is based on fox. Whereas Krystal would have to be more original.

ShinStrikeX

Smash Rookie
Oh for some odd reason alot of people care about Krystal. Dk why it would be an issue Wolf was in and she is not.. but yeah.

Zacke

Smash Cadet
Wolf is just plain bad-***.
Crystal would be cool with the staff and all, but Wolf is just better. He have been in more games, he got this personal fight with Fox, heck he even have his own theme song.
Wolf is just better than Crystal in any way.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Wolf was cooler. Wolf was one of the most requested characters from star fox. Star Fox 64 = the absolute peak of the star fox franchise. So you can guess who the three spotlights belong to.

After watching a couple clips I pretty much concluded that Krystal = the padme of Star Fox which is definitely a no good character. Her character was only inspired for sex appeal and love stories with Fox and no one really wanted nor requested for such a thing.

And no if she was in she would never be more original to Fox. Why? Wolf, Falco, Ganon and Toon Link all say hi.

/topic

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
well if they needed a villain dont u think it would have been nice if he was PART of the SSE? as in with Ganon and Bowser.

But krystal would have been cool - especially if they gave her that Staff weapon from Star Fox Adventures (She would have a sick moveset IMO)

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
all 4 of them coulda been in
fox falco krystal wolf
team starfox FTW

Fubarius

Smash Rookie

I seriously doubt Nintendo decides which characters go in Smash Bros. games based on if they fit into Event Mode's events. In fact, I seriously doubt they dream up the events for Event Mode before they have a complete roster

Fonix

Smash Cadet
I would think that characters that make in the roster may not be because of an event, but the idea behind it.

"Wouldn't it be cool to have Fox and Wolf fight each other?"

I would imagine thought processes like that inspire first the character, than consequently an event that matches.

Top Bottom