• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Up-B Cancel

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
That's an interesting discovery you've made ^^. However...I don't really see a use for it in 1v1 matches besides flashiness, but for team battles it'd be great. Good Job!

SLH

Smash Journeyman
can you still get off the semi-spike when you time it right? that'd make is so crazy useful

not that it isn't already

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the whole reason for this is to use it for its spike edge guard, but only have half the lag afterwards, so u can do something else right after, or even just follow it up with another up b.

Skler

Smash Master
So even when it goes off the stage it remains a grounded upB because you land back on it? That's pretty cool.

Edit: I'd imagine that since you leave the stage it ends up being an ariel upB (seeing as if it was grounded hitting the ground wouldn't cancel it). Make a video of it hitting while you do it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Nice, nice. It's not new, though...Kubuu's been doing this for years.

It's still good to see more people can do it, though. ^_^

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I was thikning about doing that. The thing is, I think the UP-B initially starts on the stage, then he falls off, but since im DIing back, he lands again, canceling the attack. It's complicated and very hard to do. lol

SLH

Smash Journeyman
are you sure it's the DI and not just a very specific timing? i've done it plenty of times without DI towards the stage, and when i just tried this couldn't get it more than once or twice.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I do it with DI, but then again I havn't tried without DI, so it could very well be specific timing, if so it's easier than I thought and I will devote alot of time to getting that timing down.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
hmm. unless it was a one time thing, it doesn't have the same effect of a normal spin attack. i just tried in training mode, and all it did was stun, with no knockback, exactly like what the normal spinhog does

edit: a couple of times it didn't hit at all, and just went through the computer completely

SLH

Smash Journeyman
doubt it. it's basically the spinhog, without falling off the stage. both are basically a falling/grounded aerial up-b.

it could still be useful, though. depending on how long it stuns them for, it could combo into another move.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
how is even the original up b edge gaurd done? Liek when he ups then edgehogs

i cant find hwo to do this in any guides?

edit sory i searched the forum no answer needed

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
this isnt really new...at least i have done it before...i guess no one really said anything about it.

off topic: Seibrik, im one of the players you were supposed to play in the crew battle thingy. im lavagolem123's brother. when is this thing gonna happen?

Skler

Smash Master
No good knockback = aerial spin = useless :(. It looks nice though. Doesn't stun long enough for any combos to be done off it, so it is just a random flashy thing you can do, like setting bombs on the ground.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
actually, NickRiddle, the Link in our crew was able to use this in a match, and it spiked. I'm not sure how he did it to spike, but I will find out.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
ya i could do it today playing in fountain of dreams and i think you have to hit him with your hat when youre doing the up b and it is possible in platforms, and i think sometimes depends on the way link screams doing the up b.

Top Bottom