• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Rawking smashest! (NYC, Oct 13)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
me and big t got cameras so is u want something recorded ill record it 4 u and send it 2 u
Oh, you guys got video cameras? Awsome! You guys can bring it over then ^^

I guess there's gonna be recording of videos, provided that they bring of course ^^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
*BUMPs* Alright this is the last bump XD

So yeah, I really hope to see everyone there on time. Don't forget to write down my cell number before you leave so I can pick you up/see where you're at.

Any questions/more people coming?

EDIT: THE TIME WILL BE CHANGED A BIT. INSTEAD OF 12:00 PM TO 11:00, THIS THING COULD BE FROM 12:00 PM TO 9:00 PM.

If there's any other changes, I will let you know

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
I have a dilemna. I really do want to get better at smash, but I've never been to a tournament. If I go to this one, I'll get absolutely demolished in the first round.

Do I go?

woops, sorry for double post.

>_<

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
I have a dilemna. I really do want to get better at smash, but I've never been to a tournament. If I go to this one, I'll get absolutely demolished in the first round.

Do I go?

>_<
u dont have 2 enter anything, u can just go 2 play 4 fun, the more people the better, still if u want u can join the tourney 4 fun

me and big t got cameras so is u want something recorded ill record it 4 u and send it 2 u
lmfao na its nothing serious, if its not 2 much trouble 4 u, and if u wanna record your matches u should bring it lmfao

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
2 things. One, is this place accessible by car, because if so I'm 15 miles away.

two, if I get there at like 2-3, am I DQ'd from all tournies?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Do I go?

>_<
Well you should go. It's a smashfest, not a tourtument. I'm pretty sure this is your first time attending, so I'll explain

Smashfests are like parties in a sense. Everyone comes and plays smash for the pure fun of it and improving their game. Sometimes there are tourtuments that are a bit small, but still good experiance. Remember, attending tourtuments, weeklies, and smashfests will help improve your skills even more

Is anyone gonna be recording matches? I like to get some matches of me.
Provided that Big T and Blueray come with the cam corders

2 things. One, is this place accessible by car, because if so I'm 15 miles away.

two, if I get there at like 2-3, am I DQ'd from all tournies?
1) Yes, but parking is a pain/*****, unless you take a cab. That's why I reccommand by train, especially people who lives in NYC. If you come by car, prepare to have some trouble finding parking. Kingsbridge is in Bronx, NY

2) of course not. You can't be DQed from a toury unless you play it first lol. If like 10 people come and it starts at 1 and you're not around, you just missed that tourtument. Same with the others as time goes on. So the later you come, the more tourtuments you'll miss. So try to come as early as you can, which is 12 PM that the smashfest starts.

So, if you're still coming, take down my Cell number on the 1st page.

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
Decisions, decisions. 30 minute drive, or train. I have to talk ot my buddy first, I'll get back to you,probly via text.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Goddammit....
Well really, you don't HAVE to bring both. I want to make sure I got enough people coming with systems so 10 people don't have to play with one TV.

If you can't bring the system, then at least bring the CD, and if you can't bring that, then don't worry about it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I hope theres a VCR there because i would like matches recorded.
I believe there is, but again I'm not sure if they work or not. Also, as I've mentioned before, I havn't hooked up a VCR since the days when DVDs became popular ><

*waits for Dark Pch. to call him a Loser*

Hax

Smash Champion
nice smashfest.. good to see starz got home safe LMFAO

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This was quite fun. for the new me, My Peach was doing pretty well. Still some errors to fix here and there but I'll get it soon enough. I'll give some shoutouts here....

Shin- Nice bowser. throw me off at times. Good games sir.

Eternal smasher- Nit bad of a Yoshi. its quite good. Keep it up. Nice Tournament battle we had. I'll see you around sometime eh?

PH.D- Your Luigi got beast. That last fight we had when no one wanted to die and our % was OD high. Thats was funny. Sorry but I did not want to lose that one. Ha ha. Catch you around.

Rockin- Your Peach improve boy. Just Work on FC now. Learn to SHFL her N-air and other of her Air attacks. Go to training mode for at least an hour and practice. Also FC more. But it into your game. A Peach that can FC well is beast. And stop MM people your not quite ready for. I still cant believe you wanted to MM starz. Are you nutz. Your no were near Ready for an advance fox. Take it one step at a time. ButGood at having this smashfest. If another one is one next time, Im all in.

Starz- Heh, it was funny when you said I was the fastest Peach you ever played. I like playing your fox. I stay in the zone and Just focus. Plus the fights are intense. Im still mad abou that edge guard on battle field. That match was mine. Oh well, **** happens. We shall play again soon.

Blueray- As before, Your jiggs is whats up. Nice matches with you and me. We'll go at it again next time we met.

Big-T- I finally got a shot at you. Nice match with you and me. You made me realize that I have to have some solid way to fight shiek. I'll learn it and then come back at you. I barely won the set. I'll see you around.

Glitch- man that mew2. Too good for life. Nice Match dude. I love seeing that mew2 own. and that back air to spike was too pro. We shall play again soon.

Jash- gg

Well thats about it. Laterz.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Twas A fun smasfest bro. Much fun indeed. Muchos gracias for the kinds words dark.pch. One thing I dont agree with is thinking hes crazy for MMatching someone above his skill level. MM'ing Starz would have been the same as playing him in a tournament match. He needs to see how he does against Starz, and everyone he can fight seriously, when they are serious and MMatches are the perfect opp imho. Cant learn much if you dont get ***** by those better than you. if fate did not deal me an effed up hand @ this moment in life i'd MM alot more people, but life is truly... a female dog.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This was a nice smashfest. It was fun playing all of you. .')
nice smashfest.. good to see starz got home safe LMFAO
That pizza really was top tier...

Great fest.
all i must say is, that pizza was 4 stocking me =)

thnx 4 everything rockin, it was good alot of people made it and what not, p.s . your computers hot =D lmfao
This was very fun, Good Games everyone.
Glad to hear that everyone had fun. I'm also glad you like the pizza

Before I do shoutouts,

eff you all for dissing my grandmother's computer. Windows 2000 is just as sexy as Windows XP LOL

Hax - Thanks again for the 'ghetto plates.' Turns out I left the plates accidently upstairs at my house lol. Sorry about that. I gotta play with your Capt. Falcon more

Blackenese - I'm so glad you're alive. You make NY look less serious =D

Ninjalink - I'll take your advice about Peach. The turnip cancel is gonna be a ***** though...=/...and cutting down on Dsmashes is gonna be torture XD;; Also, yes I shouldn't second jigglypuff after that stunt XD

Jash - Too...broken...and yes, I should quit cause I didn't know Blaze was your brother lol

Dark Pch. - Yeah, I know it's crazy, but like I said, people will take the match more seriously if I MM them. Not that I don't think Starz will not take me seriously, because I'm pretty sure he does. It's just...on some people, I feel like they won't take the match seriously unless I put something in their interest (MM). Other times, people, like ya, will always take me seriously, but I do it for fun sometimes. Like, I always MM Vanz even though I stand little to no chance against him.

Rockin: Jigglypuff doesn't will always die as a widow because of her Rest ability.

Vanz : D: MM my Jiggs Rockin

Rockin: Bring it, beiotch! >:D

This is similar to Blackenese, but it's more hilarious XD. Sometimes, I'm crazy and I take on uncommon to WTF MMs, but these matches help improve me more then just for interest. Like, taking on two people with one = more reliability incase my partner dies. Also, I will practice hourly.

Shin - Thanks for coming by. Sorry I didn't get to play you. When Brawl come out, I'll get you some beer :p

Starz - no MM. I gotta play your PC-like Fox :p

Glitch - Thanks for coming by and it's great seeing you again. I didn't play your M2 though =/

Big-T/Blueray - Told you parking was a *****.

Kio and his friends - thanks for coming by. Glad you had fun

First2Bomb - **** your Falco is good.

Blaze - Thanks for coming by. Gotta play you again. It's been TOO.****. LONG.

Eternal Smasher - Thanks for coming by. Sorry about making you wait earlier

Eternal Yoshi = Thanks for coming by

Got some good news and bad news

Bad news -there won't be any more smashfests till Brawl comes out =/

Good news - By that time, I'll hopefully have my own appartment. It'll have TVs, systems, AND Smash/Brawl CDs, so it makes coming over much more comfortable =D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
YouMM people when you have a chance of winning. would you go and MM mew2kings Marth on YS? Now even you would do something like that. You can easliy learn by just playing people. Then once you have improving alot. Then you can MM people cause you have a Fair shot of winning. People can take advantage of you like that. For once think dude.....

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
YouMM people when you have a chance of winning. would you go and MM mew2kings Marth on YS? Now even you would do something like that. You can easliy learn by just playing people. Then once you have improving alot. Then you can MM people cause you have a Fair shot of winning. People can take advantage of you like that. For once think dude.....
No need to MM M2k cause all I gotta do is just ask him and I got a match. Plus he won't fight really serious unless I take him down to two stocks or lower, which is pretty hard :p

Trust me, I know what you mean though. I don't MM every good person. I just MM sometimes, and it'll be like from $1-$5. Also, even if I somehow win, I would refuse to take their money. I wanted their experiace, not really their money.

Besides, I got a job. I know MM is taking the winner's money, but...meh, I'm weird lol.

Top Bottom