• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Purpose of the Smash Lab

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The Smash Lab is a new sub-board in the General Brawl Discussion. That is a brand new area that only members, called "Smash Researchers" who have a cyan name, are allowed to view/post in.

Let me fill you in on what I'm hoping to do with it. Here are some of the goals I hope to fulfill through the Smash Lab:

- Making "official" names for ATs we've discovered
- Making "official" frame data we find for characters
- Discovering new techniques
- Learning new codes for hacking the game, as well as new projects for modding the game in general
- Gathering "official" numbers and data for a wide variety of things such as character weight or length of glide tosses.
- Learning more about the game wherever and whenever possible (i.e. researching reasons for why some DI work better than others, figuring out why some ATs work although we have no idea, etc.)

And more.

As you can see, I'm hoping to make The Smash Lab into the most knowledgeable place on the boards, and we fully intend on sharing the knowledge with the general public whenever we complete and compile all of it. The Smash Lab will also include Brawl hacking as one of the the many different aspects of the game we'd like to study, including projects such as Brawl+. As of right now our purpose is fairly broad, but I hope, as the new leader of this group, to make The Smash Lab into something incredible. But of course, I'll need the help of dedicated Smashers like those yourselves to make this possible.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
As the new leader I would like to help revise these goals in order to fit how the Smash Community has changed. Most of these still hold true:
- Revising the "official" names for techniques in Brawl
- Making "official" frame data we find for characters
- Discovering new techniques
- Learning new codes for hacking the game, as well as new projects for modding the game in general
- Gathering "official" numbers and data for a wide variety of things such as character weight or length of glide tosses.
- Learning more about the game wherever and whenever possible (i.e. researching reasons for why some DI work better than others, figuring out why some ATs work although we have no idea, etc.)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Veril went really inactive (which eventually got him demodded) and really only checks up on Smashmods now.

Top Bottom