• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Prince in SSBB

Mega Bulk

Smash Rookie
Well, this is my idea of putting the Prince from the Prince of Persia series in SSBB. He's owned by Ubisoft (making him 3d party) however, Ubisoft seem to be on very good terms with Nintendo recently. They're making a specific launch title for the Wii and they seem to be supporting the Wii and the Wiimote all the way. So, anywho, here's his moveset and such.

-----------------
The Prince fights with the Dagger of Time in his left hand, holds a short sword in the other and has his daggertail from The Two Thrones attached to his right.

Speed - Medium
Jump - High
Weight - Light
Power - Medium

A - Slashes sideways with his short sword
AA - Slahses once with his short sword then the other way with his dagger
AAA - Slahses once with his short sword then the other way this the dagger then brings both down from above his head
B - Weapon Spin - Spins around 3 times very quickly with the Dagger of Time, his short sword and the daggertail flying out from him.
B> - Daggertail Launch - Launches the Daggertail out to the side which can latch onto people. As it is latched on, the Prince can pull them around with the control stick for a short time
B^ - Jump of Time - Charges up for around 2 secs as sand of time builds up benief him. He then lauches himself in any given direction with the dagger of time poking out infront.
BV - Daggertail Twirl - Twirls the Daggertail around his head for a short while

Grab - Brings his Daggetail in from the side and makes it curl around opponents. He then brings them in close and stabs them with the dagger. If he misses, time isn't wasted as the daggertail simply follows through and the PRince keeps going.

Taunt - Stabs the screen with the dagger of time and withdraws sand from it. Smiles then continues fighting.

Entrance (As I'm hoping original entrances will return from SSB) - A red curtain appears tailing down from the top of the screen and the Prince slides down it using the dagger. As the curtain rips, it evaporates into sand.

Super Smash - Is very short but very deadly. The Prince slows down time but the viewer sees the attack in normal time. The Princes slashes at each opponent around 20 times all at the same time.

-----------------

If this guy's in SSBB, I'll be very happy.

Visual

Smash Cadet
When I read the topic title, I thought it was gonna be The Prince from Katamari Damacy. But it's not. Lame.

Mega Bulk

Smash Rookie
Well, I've never heard of Katamari Damacy, I assume it's a game, right?

And he might be a little like Pit but only in that he's onyl two swords. He doen't have a bow or wings and does have a chain with a dagger on the end. I think he'd be petty cool to fight as.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of him being in the game. He would take away some of the cartoony parts of the game. Isn't Snake kind of a good representation of the "Real" looking people.

SmashAlex

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind him being in the game at all, though I would prefer if they used his Sands of Time model. It's much less dark and fits the mood of smash better.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
SmashAlex said:
I wouldn't mind him being in the game at all, though I would prefer if they used his Sands of Time model. It's much less dark and fits the mood of smash better.
I think they should use the model from the two thrones, as it is not as dark, but not as youthful

but they should have his alt. costume be the sandwraith from ww and the dark prince in 2t

also, i think his smash attack should involve a huge sand wave instead of slowing down time, but whatever works is fine

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, i could see the sandwraith change thing happening, but they would probrably make it an unlockable thing, like you have to win in multi player with the prince 50 times?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Xevelous said:
Hmm, i could see the sandwraith change thing happening, but they would probrably make it an unlockable thing, like you have to win in multi player with the prince 50 times?
we have too many characters with the same moves. I think characters like pika and pichu and link and young link should be alt. costumes while cpt. falcon and ganon and fox and falco should have entirely different moves. that is why the sandwraith should be alt. costume, because it is basically the same character.

Mega Bulk

Smash Rookie
Well, the Dark Prince could definatly be one of his costumes as technically he can only use the Daggertail when he's the Dark Prince but I avoided that little factor. As for his Super Smash.

Super Smash - The Prince flies to the side of the stage and screams out in anger. A massive standstorm brews causing visibility difficult but the prince also moves at lightnign speed attacking all opponenents.

Also, instead of creating a new thread, here's another idea I had, don't know if it's already been said though.

---------------------
Darth Vader

speed: slow
power: very high
jump: first is high, second is very low
weight: heavy

Move set.
A - Hacks and slashes with lightsaber.
B - Force Push - Blue force is emmited which pushes oponents to the floor. The longer it is held, the bigger the force is and the farther the the oponents go.
B> - Saber Throw - Throws his lightsaer across screen, which then returns to him.
B^ - Force Swipe - Swipes upwards with his lightsaber similar to Marth/Roy's B^
BV - Saber Spin - Spins his Lightsaber around his head attacking people at all angles.

Throw - Starts force choking an oponent and then throws them in the direction given. Does not touch the oponent but does this all with the force.

Taunt - Force chokes towards the screen and pulls an audience member from the screen who flops onto the stage and can be used as a weapon. This can be done as many times as is wanted and the bodies just keep piling up. The crowd go wild (they love death really)

Entrance - An Emperial shuttle lands and Vader walks out, lightsaber ready.

Alternative Costumes
Helmetless Vader - fights with his helmet off, revealing his bald, scabby head from episode VI

Winning Lines and Poses
1) "No, I am your Father" Stikes the pose with his fist out from episode V
2) "Now, I am the master!" Vader slashes onces with his Lightsaber
3) "You don't know the power of the Dark Side!" Vader is close to the screen and stares. You can just see his dark eyes benief his helmet.
Special (only with Helmetless Vader) - "Let me see you with my own eyes" Vader is on one knee with his eyes closed, looking downwards.
-----------------------

LEon from RE4 woud be pretty cool as well, he could use a chainsaw and explosives. Might be a bit too relistic for SSB but I'd liek to play as him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He sounds like a good but unlikely character

unrelated: I have a friend who is on vacation in Iran (Formerly known as Persia) at the moment

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
The Prince seems to lose something, though.

Think back to the worst parts of the Sands of Time trilogy. Thought of it yet?

That's right, the parts where you can't control time. Without controlling time, the Prince was just a pissed-off guy with some (admittedly awesome) acrobatic skill. Also I don't like the idea of him using the daggertail without turning into the Dark Prince. For one, the daggertail is embedded in his arm when he's Prince, so he's going to... what? Rip metal out of his flesh, quickly use it as a weapon, and then wrap it back into his wounds? I think not.

So I think the Dark Prince should either be included as a Sheik-like transformation, or the daggertail should be dropped altogether. The sandwraith would make a kickass costume, I'll admit.

But the only way I can foresee the Prince being truly enjoyable to play would be if he COULD slow and/or rewind time, which would make play very much UNenjoyable for your opponents.

That's why he won't get in, IMO.

Hoefler

BRoomer
ColonelAlloy said:
The Prince seems to lose something, though.

Think back to the worst parts of the Sands of Time trilogy. Thought of it yet?

That's right, the parts where you can't control time. Without controlling time, the Prince was just a pissed-off guy with some (admittedly awesome) acrobatic skill. Also I don't like the idea of him using the daggertail without turning into the Dark Prince. For one, the daggertail is embedded in his arm when he's Prince, so he's going to... what? Rip metal out of his flesh, quickly use it as a weapon, and then wrap it back into his wounds? I think not.

So I think the Dark Prince should either be included as a Sheik-like transformation, or the daggertail should be dropped altogether. The sandwraith would make a kickass costume, I'll admit.

But the only way I can foresee the Prince being truly enjoyable to play would be if he COULD slow and/or rewind time, which would make play very much UNenjoyable for your opponents.

That's why he won't get in, IMO.

Sheik never had a chain in OoT yet where does her chain come from/go to? The Dark Prince as a costume would work if the game would just have the daggertail work like Sheiks chain: appearing and disapeering to and from nowhere. And even without his time powers he would still be awesome.

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
I agree the Prince IS awesome, but I don't see it working.

What are the Prince's best moves? The only time he gets the jump on the enemy is when he uses the environment. How, in a game so devoid of walls as SSB, will the Prince:

--run up and flip off walls?
--bounce off walls and do a diving stab?
--slash as he runs along a wall?

The only signature move I can foresee the Prince even pulling off is flipping over an enemy, and even then they can just turn to face him. Maybe one of his B moves could be to daggerfreeze someone, but I can't fathom him getting it. And I know Nintendo could probably give him a miraculous moveset, and that his time powers weren't even in the franchise until the last three games. But a Prince without crazy jumping off the walls and time manipulation just doesn't seem like the Prince to me.

Just my two cents.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
here is how it can work, this is just at the top of my mind.

they can use his two thrones model, since it is the most recent and it has the feel of the other 2 in the series. we know the daggertail hangs on his arm, or is connected to his arm. well, like i said in the other prince thread, we should use the dagger of time and the water sword. he can hold the dagger in his right arm, where the daggertail is. for his b> move, he would quickly sheath the dagger and pull the daggertail out and whip it around like sheik's chain.

i still think that the dark prince and the sandwraith should be alt. costumes, because it is still primarily the same person and there shouldn't be a transformation because the dark prince did the exact same thing as the prince.

now we shouldn't forget that the prince did not just have time powers, but sand powers. he was able to make huge sand waves. another b move there.

so here would be his b moves-

B-Dagger Freeze (Sands of Time)-The Prince quickly stabs the person, freezing them for a limited time (think along the lines of DK's b>)
B>-Daggertail (Two Thrones)-Like I said, he quickly puts the dagger of time away and pulls out the daggertail and manipulates it like sheik's chain.
Bdown-Sand Wave (Sands of Time)-Chargeable, the Prince can unleash a huge sand wave that hits people in a certain radius, depending on how long he charged.
B^-Sand Boost-The Prince quickly builds up sand and unleashes it at his feet, careening him upwards.

His super can involve his sand power where he attacks everyone really fast, i can't remember the name of it. and maybe as an easter egg, he can reverse time, like by pressing l, r, and y at the same time, but it should only be used every so and so minutes.

now a attacks can be manipulated using his warrior within style, since that is where it originated.

the prince can work. it just takes a creative mind to think of a moveset. look at falcon and fox.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I think he could work with SSBB...he could have his dagger from the Sands of Time game and duel weild it with his sword, like Pit...=D

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i was think along the lines of having him hold the dagger of time, to represent the first game, and the water sword, to represent the second game. then use the hooktail for rep of the third game

pirkid

Smash Lord
Special: Freeze time for a few seconds as the palyer can do anything he/she wants.

I want that. It'd be cool.
I highly doubt he'll make it past the 35 character mark but it's not wrong to hope.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
One of the best suggested characters. On top of his already named moves, it would be great to see him get back from hangin on edges much faster and be able to hang on a platform edge like the higher one on Battlefield. Also, he should have a slightly more powerfull walljump.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
****, i was fooled. I was hoping you were speaking of the singer known as Prince. For a second there I thought I wasn't alone... **** you. *crawls back under rock*

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
here is how it can work, this is just at the top of my mind.

they can use his two thrones model, since it is the most recent and it has the feel of the other 2 in the series. we know the daggertail hangs on his arm, or is connected to his arm. well, like i said in the other prince thread, we should use the dagger of time and the water sword. he can hold the dagger in his right arm, where the daggertail is. for his b> move, he would quickly sheath the dagger and pull the daggertail out and whip it around like sheik's chain.

i still think that the dark prince and the sandwraith should be alt. costumes, because it is still primarily the same person and there shouldn't be a transformation because the dark prince did the exact same thing as the prince.

now we shouldn't forget that the prince did not just have time powers, but sand powers. he was able to make huge sand waves. another b move there.

so here would be his b moves-

B-Dagger Freeze (Sands of Time)-The Prince quickly stabs the person, freezing them for a limited time (think along the lines of DK's b>)
B>-Daggertail (Two Thrones)-Like I said, he quickly puts the dagger of time away and pulls out the daggertail and manipulates it like sheik's chain.
Bdown-Sand Wave (Sands of Time)-Chargeable, the Prince can unleash a huge sand wave that hits people in a certain radius, depending on how long he charged.
B^-Sand Boost-The Prince quickly builds up sand and unleashes it at his feet, careening him upwards.

His super can involve his sand power where he attacks everyone really fast, i can't remember the name of it. and maybe as an easter egg, he can reverse time, like by pressing l, r, and y at the same time, but it should only be used every so and so minutes.

now a attacks can be manipulated using his warrior within style, since that is where it originated.

the prince can work. it just takes a creative mind to think of a moveset. look at falcon and fox.
how come daggertail not grab? and dark prince could also be a feasible final smash a la Giga Bowser.......well, maybe not quite like giga bowser....

whatever the case, daggertail FTW! seriously, what an awesome weapon.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Prince might be in as a Ubi soft character but i put my hands for Rayman representing Ubisoft.
If prince was in ,the game would'nt be a kid game anymore,it would be a mature game,god i hope they have talking storylines,like they talk whats going on and they say words like ****

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lets see, The Prince of Persia as a 3rd party add on. Yeah, I can so see him mixing it up with Brawl's finest. His acrobatics and agility is a shoe-in in Brawl.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
As much as I love the series, I can't lie to myself thinking there's even a remote chance that he'll be in the game. The PoP games have have a darker theme...don't think that's suited at all for brawl.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
As much as I love the series, I can't lie to myself thinking there's even a remote chance that he'll be in the game. The PoP games have have a darker theme...don't think that's suited at all for brawl.

. . . .

I'm just saying. :ohwell:

Top Bottom