• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Powerful, The Pleasurable, The Indestructible... C-bouncing!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
so i tried a differtent setup today, i use ZL for specials this time, instead of ZR.
I couldn't get any single wavebounced pk fire :( just some normal pk fires, bairs moving foward and, something that doesn't happen with ZR, reverse pk fire, does anybody knows was wrong?
i wish i have a wii :(

prOAPC

Smash Lord
double post!
ok, i'm back with my previous setup and i'm like 70% to master wavebounce :D at least with pk fire and psi magnet. I have to work on full hop magnet pull and wavezap, but those will be the last ATs to re-learn
Now i'm working on SDI, i suck at it, can anyone help me with it? Is there a guide or a video that can teach me? Thanks in advance

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Eh, if you wanna practice DI and SDI, get a friend who mains Ike and let him beat you around, i.e. act like a training mode comp who's practicing SDI

Either that or get someone to shoot fully charged samus neutral b's or zelda fsmashes/fair/bair

this is all just theory though, my DI and SDI are still both sucky because I have no friends who live within a 10minute vicinity, + school work = no time to play & practice

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
have samus shoot fully-charged neutral B's at you

when the bolt hits you, you spasm for about 30 frames of hitlag. in those 30 frames, smash the a-stick (like for a smash attack) and tilt the c-stick in the direction you want to go. now apply this to every attack, including ones that have like 1 frame of hitlag. get a lvl 9 ike to trash you around for practice

alternatively, throw a smartbomb at yourself in training mode

prOAPC

Smash Lord
ok, i'm here again with my experiences with this configuration...
i'm getting better and better with wavebounce :D I can finally wavezap and full hop magnet pull. I can't get the magnet pull moving and facing in the same direction as pk fire. I pulled it up only like twice, so i'm not using it to attack (yet), only for recovery

as for SDI, it just feels wierd :S

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Oh yeah, thanks for helping me out!

I've gotten so used to B-sticking, probably because i never used the C-stick my whole smash career to execute smashes or aerials (Call my crazy, but i can do without them). The SDI can be troubling but i may stick with it. But I will give this C-bouncing a go, sounds promising.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Derp don't worry it already addressed doing it with B-stick, though as long as you have fast hands B-sticking is just as fine as C-sticking to do it. :p

Top Bottom