• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure Thread

Klaw

Smash Cadet
My sister got this for Christmas.

I know it has nothing to do with competitive pokemon and all that. It's an adventure game, not the Legend of Zelda, but it's surprisingly pretty good.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, this game is only fun for the battling. This game would be better if you didn't have to be pikachu.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I think Sol Diviner linked that thread simply because the OP doesn't really have much information aside from the game "being really good."
^ Basically this.

I mean, if the mods feel this thread is worthy of being kept around, then far be it from me to think otherwise. :p

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, we don't have a PokéPark Wii thread yet (if we ever had one, it's old enough that it's not worth digging up), so it's worth keeping around. Maybe just a title change to make it more obvious that it's not just a social-type post.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wow a thread for a Pokemon game that's NOT a mainstream one?

This is absolutely unprecedented.

Klaw

Smash Cadet
yeahh, it's obviously meant for younger kids but as a 3-d representation of pokemon it does really well. The environment and the way the pokemon move and sound are really nice; it feels authentic. The way it portrayed the characters and their personalities was likeable, I mean, half the game is about making friends with other pokemon lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, I DID play this game once in Nintendo World.

I absolutely loved it because I've always wanted a game with Real-time battling, and this delivers.

Klaw

Smash Cadet
First realtime action pokemon game if I'm not mistaken. It's so awesome to be finally able to run around, dodge attacks, aim and fire a thunderbolt... unfortunately the game doesn't have multiplayer

Spire

III
BRoomer
If memory serves me correctly, this game is largely a collection of minigames joined together by a main island hub, yes? I love adventure games/collectathons (Spyro, Mario 64, etc.), but I hate minigames. Should I look into this or avoid doing so?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's like an adventure game, but the goals are put together like minigames, in a sense.

I can't really call anything you do a minigame, but how the stuff is formatted it basically feels like minigames anyways.

Like getting stars in Mario 64, except there's 10 times as many, and they're all 10 times as short.....

Spire

III
BRoomer
So if I wanted a Pokémon game where the creatures violently and deliberately kill eachother in savage ways, this isn't the game for me?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well you can electrocute anyone at your very whim if that counts.

....ANYONE

Blissard

Smash Lord
Each mini-game is <30 seconds, and you run around like the ******** asian mouse you are, trying to make friends by beating them in challenges. Well...at least my 7 year-old cousin adored it.

Klaw

Smash Cadet
Each mini-game is <30 seconds, and you run around like the ******** asian mouse you are, trying to make friends by beating them in challenges. Well...at least my 7 year-old cousin adored it.
I haven't gotten very far in this game, but it's very cute :D Pretty much everything about it makes me go aww.
Yeah.... If you enjoy the Pokemon, you'll like this game, but otherwise, I guess you won't exactly be wowed by the gameplay.

Top Bottom