• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Planet Earth Thread - Our Planet is Breathtakingly Beautiful

Jane

Smash Hero
me too man. imagine exploring these areas (with all the required necessities of course).

Landmannalaugar, Iceland

Jane

Smash Hero
wow, that picture is amazing. so so beautiful. any idea where it is? (my guess is switzerland or austria)

Cave and basalt columns, Cabo de Gata National Park, Almeria, Spain

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Every time I lose hope in the world I remember I can always come back to this thread.

:038:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Me in Oman a few days ago:

http://ajpanton.se/oman.jpg

I may add a few more from the same place one I get more of these panoramas done. It's slow work with my travel laptop. Still on the same trip, although it seems we did the best place first. In Dubai right now, but I like canyons more than skyscrapers.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Two more panoramas from Oman. Some "good" ones have other people than me on them so I don't want to show everything.

http://ajpanton.se/oman2.jpg <- The small path barely visible a few slopes below me is where we did a full day trekking. There are two massive panoramas from there, so big that I have yet to find the time and motivation to start stitching them together...
http://ajpanton.se/oman3.jpg <- The sun went down exactly in that small valley a little later, but I managed to miss it, and the second night it was too cloudy...

Jane

Smash Hero
^that first pic reminds me a lot of when i visited the grand canyon. really similar, just that the grand canyon had more flora and fauna.

the great wall, China

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
^that first pic reminds me a lot of when i visited the grand canyon. really similar, just that the grand canyon had more flora and fauna.[/img]
Yeah, that was like the third "big" canyon I've been to.
Grand Canyon is obviously biggest, and I'll definitely visit it more times.
Tara didn't feel very big, maybe because I didn't walk very much in it and it's completely covered in trees.
Jebel Shams was a bit GC-like but smaller, and I may go there again just because Oman was a surprisingly easy country to go to and it's closer than GC. Of course I have many other places to visit first. I just hit [age*2] countries visited, and I have years worth of travel plans for new places just waiting...

Top Bottom