• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pikmin Insignia is #22

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Just click the properties of the picture and the flower insignia is 22. According to this theory, we have 22 franchises in Brawl!!! Wonder what the others that haven't been unveiled are? Well anyway, Pikmin are in Brawl. The Pikmin franchise is in Brawl! Captain Olimar and the Pikmin are part of the starting roster!!! Hoorah!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Down with the "13 and 19 are the last ones left" theories because of the DS icon...

I admit, I had the Pikmin series pegged as #19 though... Is it going to be a 3rd party franchise?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin is owned by Nintendo and created by Miyamoto himself. Its nowhere 3rd party. Its first party Chepe!!

I like this theory, but this is the Pikmin thread after all. I'm happy this franchise has now been officially added as part of the line-up of Nintendo's overall featured cast.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Pikmin is owned by Nintendo and created by Miyamoto himself. Its nowhere 3rd party. Its first party Chepe!!

I like this theory, but this is the Pikmin thread after all. I'm happy this franchise has now been officially added as part of the line-up of Nintendo's overall featured cast.
Where in my post did I ever state the Pikmin series was 3rd party? :confused:

I said that I thought that the Pikmin series icon would take position 19, but it took up 22 instead. Now I think a 3rd party series will take position 19. THATS what I said...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So from what we can guess (IDK, I only get the basics of this theory), the last spot before 23 (assuming there are more; we don't know, simply put) is 3rd party=??? If it is-it's suppose to be L (or something around there; my friend told me, and confused me), right=??? That really only leaves Mega Man and a few others for a 3rd party spot, or "Rock Man" in Japanese. Stricly assuming that spot is 3rd party, OF COURSE!

But is that spot "all but" 3rd party, or a "unknown"=??? If it's not 3rd party, it leaves doors open for Golden Sun and Issac! However, I don't want to get my hopes up for Issac (because he stands little chance). :)

Dazza!

Smash Cadet
do these images include ones used for stage icons? if so a few like the smash symbol and the DS logo might take up some of these numbers (Ds logo being from pitcocchat stage)

EDIT
just checked and yeah, ones like the smash symbol and pitcochat symbol do use up a few of these numbers

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Could be a lot of things, and it's not really 22 franchises, I mean, we aren't getting a playable DS or wrist strap or anything, and the Professor K thing is totally invalid because the Touch Generations logo is NOT the DS logo.

Edit: @ Above, my theory is that all characters AND stages will get logos. Characters will get logos whether they have a stage or not, not all stages will have to have a character to go with them, but no matter what, all stages and characters will have a franchise logo.
[/edit]

But really, is there a point in theories about new icons (beyond 22)? We know there are two icons left that haven't been shown, and besides those two we know they can easily add more. Seems sort of pointless to me.

Also, none of them would be Megaman. The podcast that hurt his chances was recorded sometime in November/December and we already knew about those icons at that time, and Sakurai had obviously not approached them about Megaman yet. So he is pretty much out of the question for one of the two existing icons unless we were lied to.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
All that is left that could be pegged would be either Wii getting a franchise (much like the DS one), Golden Sun, a retro franchise, or a 3rd Party franchise. That's all I can think of, correct me if I'm missing something.

It could be possible, but not likely, that they forgot about 19, and put Pikmin as 22 instead. 13 is most likely Game and Watch, whether they chose to include him or not.

Darkurai

Smash Master
You realize that the Icon Theory is destroyed, right? That theory was sent literally all across the internet. Nintendo knows we found out, so they're destroying our theory.

Smash Ace
Chuck Norris is #25, since MM is 23 and Sora's 24...
G&W is 13 (anyone stupid enough to try and deny?),
so who the frick is #19?
=2007=

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
The theory isn't destroyed. It was the alphabetical method, a subdivision of the theory, that was killed. This theory is still healthy and alive with people blogging in that thread everyday.

Top Bottom