• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pichu Pillar

j3ly

Smash Champion
ICG i am calling you.. explanation.. in depth please.
I will edit this post with a more grammatical version of your explanation, and my mate is comming with recording equipment so i will be able to get clips and edit this post.

End result will hopefully be a nice, easy to read resource that will tell you the information you require. Maybe it could be stickied.

ICG didn't u say something about fair does wierd stuff if it hits the opp with the hitbox? So would that mean that the pillar only functions if they are in shield, and could be countered by them comming out of shield, maybe with a CCC?

That would be ghey yo

Awaiting your response,
j3ly

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
out fair to uptilt is a legit combo on some people an uptilt is followed up with an air attack(fair) and leads to it reseting all over again. Techically vs some people it should work however the problems are the following.

It can be CCed and you will be heavily punished
SDI out wouldn't be to hard
not a legit combo on everyone(different people have different levels of stun like off the top of my head luigi/puff have the least amount of stun and pikachu/pichu/kirby are all tied for most stun in the game maybe roy also)
The trade off of damage your doing about 11 each set and taking 4.

You would have to be fairly quick and it should also lose to sheilds. But is pichu had 2 more frames of stun on all his moves he could toally pillar the S*** out of people.

I haven't tested it latly and back when I did I wasn't really good and I had way slower hands. I may check that out again sometime

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
t0mmy thinks he knows more but he never posted/shared his info with anyone.

Hey you just got to believe man, just got to believe. Also you will never know what it's like to fight the US sheik

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
t0mmy thinks he knows more but he never posted/shared his info with anyone.

Hey you just got to believe man, just got to believe. Also you will never know what it's like to fight the US sheik
eh, if t0mmy isn't gonna share his information he shouldn't be included XD
Also, I can't imagine what NTSC Shiek is like... If they ever remake Melee they need to buff Pichu and use PAL Shiek for all versions imo...

I'd love to keep using Pichu, but it just got so frustrating. I enjoyed his quirks and playstyle, but his flaws just let him down for me. If one day a Melee+ comes out, and they beef Pichu, I will go back to maining him...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think it's better than that, it's just fun to combo foxes you can get really creative. But hey I love fighting marth and he's worse than fox but I feel his match-up would be 80-20.

fox would be like 25-75

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My match-up ratio and your match-up ratio are totally different for me marth really feels like 35-65. Your could be like 10-90 because marth freaks you out.

SDI up-air make the match-up much better. you don't have to play if your afraid of loseing but winning is soooo sweet as pichu.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My match-up ratio and your match-up ratio are totally different for me marth really feels like 35-65. Your could be like 10-90 because marth freaks you out.

SDI up-air make the match-up much better. you don't have to play if your afraid of loseing but winning is soooo sweet as pichu.
What strategy should I use? I normally play defensively with Neutral B until they jump, in which case I start to juggle them, or depending on percent, go in for the kill. Anything better than that>

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
In truth I have never had a strategy to anything in life or in smash/ other games, I play the cards I have, once I had only 2 pawns and my brother had his queen. I used my king to make it so if the queen attacked a pawn I would take it and he would lose. I adapt to what there is and try to mess with their heads the whole way through.

I try to land attacks and avoid them and I can wait as long as needed, so I don't aim for edge gaurd/grab/kill set-ups normally. In truth you should. I play to different to give match-up advice but I do have facts like SHFFL upair sets up anything on fox/falco till 60% and 20% vs falcon. grabs **** FFers. i'm sorry but I can only really give facts for the match-ups.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
In truth I have never had a strategy to anything in life or in smash/ other games, I play the cards I have, once I had only 2 pawns and my brother had his queen. I used my king to make it so if the queen attacked a pawn I would take it and he would lose. I adapt to what there is and try to mess with their heads the whole way through.

I try to land attacks and avoid them and I can wait as long as needed, so I don't aim for edge gaurd/grab/kill set-ups normally. In truth you should. I play to different to give match-up advice but I do have facts like SHFFL upair sets up anything on fox/falco till 60% and 20% vs falcon. grabs **** FFers. i'm sorry but I can only really give facts for the match-ups.
I'm terrible at SHFFLing, I really need to practice more. I'm going to my brother's house tonight so I should hopefully be able to get some practice in against him.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can't notice anything I walk into 3 walls a day atleast i'm sssssssooooooooooo blind (2 walls for by choice).

but yeah SHFFLing will hekp an insane amount.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
SHFFLING nairs is amazing for approaching and setting up combos, SHFFLed up airs is great for juggling, and SHFFLed back airs is a solid finisher. The nair is a good finisher off the edge as well, just make sure you get back

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey man this isn't the pichu boards it's the INSANE CARZY GUY boards LOL. If you can't SHFFL as pichu you have no chance at all, your slow, can't outrun anyone, can't combo/set-up,and you simplly put lost your best option as pichu in the game, not conting mindgames but when playing totally with out mindgames/reading/mental stuff and what not pichu is basically DD, punish, and SHFFL.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't ICG have his own section, named like: "Ask Stuff About Pichu to the Guy Who Can't Shut Up About Pichu" Because he is seriously the sole proprietor of the Pichu boards.
Just a scrub talking, but it should happen.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you would think so wouldn't you? you could make a ask thread i'll be alll over that. and tommy we come in to tell me i'm wrong.
ask for info, advice/ upload matches and etc. i'm going to POe3 so I may get videos uploaded there.

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't ICG have his own section, named like: "Ask Stuff About Pichu to the Guy Who Can't Shut Up About Pichu" Because he is seriously the sole proprietor of the Pichu boards.
Just a scrub talking, but it should happen.
Pretty much every thread turns into that, lol. But yeah, might as well rename them that once it does. XD
I would post more, but as i've said a million times, i have no experience at all whatsoever and couldn't really say anything useful, lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
from pikachu frame data, the only thing that true combos after an l-canceled fair at any point in the fair (assuming it hits) is jab, however grab is only ~-5 in frame advantage, so unless they do something in those ~5 frames you could get a grab. and if they roll... then you don't get punished. shines are all i could see you getting hit out of it, realistically speaking.

good luck icg

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
also I wouldn't use this vs falco/fox because this has less stun on them, I foget where I saw it but I believe there was a list where it showed how much stun they took like pikachu/pichu/kirby take the most and puff takes the least and I know roy takes a lot.

maybe i'll use this vs some people.

thanks for your helpful insight.

as all whites say white makes right. I had problems spelling sight so I thought of right.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hitstun = Launch Speed/1.475
rounded up to the next whole frame

fox and falco have a low-ish weight. pichu's forward air also has set knockback (much like Fox's shine), so character weight isn't taken into account when calculating launch speed, and thus hitstun.
in conclusion, it shouldn't matter what character you use fair on when speaking of fair -> jab. this is because jab comes out on frame 2. lol.
the only time you'd use fair exclusively against a character is if you're attempting fair -> grab, the applicability of which depends upon the options the opponent has. realistically, buffering a roll (5 frames to begin invincibility) or spotdodge (3-5 frames to begin invincibilty) would likely prevent a grab.
additionally, it takes 6 frames to do a shorthop nair (airborne on frame 4, initiate on frame 4, hitbox comes out on frame 6). so that's faster than grabbing if you're perfect.
this means it takes 4 frames moar to do a sh nair than a jab... if I knew the hitstun on Fair I could calculate the frame advantage & see if shnair would work.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Is there any videos of your pichu ICG? I'm very curious to see how good you are :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
curse you gateway I forgot all the nerdy frame I had. Whatever i'll rememeber in my sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/user/INSANECRAZYHODAPP I've hands down have the best pichu combo video to date but i've only got videos of myself fighting against my brother who isn't amazing to be nice. beause when you see one noob and the other player side-Bing them you think oh he's a noob, when really i'm just trying to mix-up.

I suck but sometimes I look amazing i've 2 stocked SALT's marth and lost 4 times in a row against a level 1 bowser as falcon. i'll up most likly have videos from POE3. So yeah they will be better if I can.

Top Bottom