• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pichu-Pikachu Theory

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I have a theory that Brawl's Pikachu is actually the evolved form of Melee's Pichu...

here are some facts:

Brawl Pikachu is faster and has stronger electric attacks than Melee Pikachu (like Pichu)
Brawl Pikachu has the blue goggles and the green bandanna that Pichu had
Brawl Pikachu's skull bash reaches farther and is more horizontal than Melee Pikachu (like Pichu)
Brawl Pikachu can walljump (like Pichu)

here is another point my friend noticed:
Pikachu can only learn Volt Tackle by breeding a Female Pikachu with any male electric PKMN that knows Volt Tackle. the offspring is a Pichu.

well this is just a theory...any comments?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if your theory it true then pichu would have been truly useless to put in brawl. Then again, pichu was a joke character who was somewhat fun to use.

But they figured pikachu needs to be stronger than its baby form.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Melee Pichu would've had to evolved into Melee Pikachu first, as the first trailer for Brawl had the Melee Pikachu transforming into the Brawl Pikachu. But the Melee Pikachu couldn't walljump in the first place!

Oh, the confusion!

Jun.

Smash Lord
f this i'm waiting for next smash so I can play Raichu

omg its gonna own so hard

thunder will do like 50 damage and take half a second

3 quick attacks

skull bash is equivalent to dedede's jet hammer

needless to say, someone give pokemon trainer a thunderstone

mmmCJ

Smash Cadet
zephyrnereus, to add to your lists of reasons melee pichu could wall jump like brawl pikachu

Amplison

Smash Rookie
There's actually more than that, too.
They share taunts. I'm pretty sure M*Pikachu had that "Pika Pikaaaa!" taunt, but Pichu had the weird little ground-spazzing taunt which is now B*Pikachu's down-taunt.
Sometimes when you win a match, B*Pikachu is asleep on the victory screen, just like what would happen when you held down with Pichu [lazy *******].

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly how me and my friends view Pikachu in brawl. Sometimes he plays a lot like Pichu to me without the punishment.

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
I'm so happy that now I think brawl pika was melee pi. I think we should all embrace this and be happy.

festizzio

Smash Champion
:)

Pichu wasn't cut in Brawl. When he was told he was going to come back
for Brawl, he was filled with immense happiness and evolved. Pichus
often evolve to Pikachu if they get enough happiness. Sakurai, thinking
that two Pikachus was not necessary and that the Pikachu from Melee was
getting on in years, decided to retire the Pikachu. Getting its
retirement money, The Pikachu from Melee went to Cinnabar Island.
(Pokemon version of Bahamas).

How do we know this? Pikachu's Final Smash is Volt Tackle, which can only
be learned if you were a Pichu in your previous life. Also, Pikachu
(Brawl) now sports blue goggles, its favorite costume from Melee, along
with a new green bandana that it took from Jigglypuff.

Another thing would be Pikachu's Taunts. It keeps the same rolling taunt from
Melee (altered slightly) along with learning the former Pikachu's
taunt. It's moveset and the way it moves and feels, feels like a
combination of Pichu + Pikachu gameplay from Melee as well.

Gloppagus

Smash Rookie
THANK YOU!! Someone finally agrees!! At BC, everyone thinks I'm crazy for believing this. Also, I can think of one more thing that makes Pichu the new Pikachu. His Usmash in Melee sucks. Pika's current Usmash sucks. I know they're graphically different, but they function the same. Also, Thunder Jolt (If I'm not mistaken) was weaker on Pichu. Thunder Jolt does 1 percent less than it did in melee now.

justexisting

Smash Rookie
I've never even though about it really... i just figured they took the best traits of both and created the char (by best traits i also included best outfits). but i guess, if you think of it in terms of how Pokemon works, you're right. It's quite possible that behind the scenes they had someone working with pichu to get it to evolve... Now that it's been mentioned to me though, i can see how it might be true... pika does play a bit differently now. and as far as the comment about pikachu becoming brawl pikachu in the trailer, all that means that is if you follow this logic, pichu evolved prior to the trailer...

I think sometimes these little stories are crazy, but seeing as how i play all things electric thus far throughout the SSB games i like it. I'll have to remember this.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
...I guess I'll be the first to say that Pichu didn't evolve in the current Pikachu...

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Based on Pokemon game mechanics, I'd say Pichu had higher IVs for a few more stats than Melee Pikachu. When it evolved, Pichu's IVs made it slightly more powerful than Melee Pikachu. That's why he's so devastating this time around.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
That's awesome! my sister didn't like that pichu wasn't in Brawl, and now I can tell her that it is! Oh, and they made the trailer after they got the design for the game, so when they told pichu he'd return, he evolved in happiness, before the trailer. There WAS a 7 or 8 year time lapse between games. That's why Pikachu is in the trailer like he was. Everything is explained.

Medic

Smash Cadet
I'll tell you where old Pikachu is.
Lavender Tower. Right next to that little kid's Growlithe.

...I kid! Nah, I say leave it up to personal interpretation, like the Pokemon Gender question.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
Lol, my friends and myself belive this theory. It works, I don't think anyone can say it's not true... it just works.

And I forgot completely about the volt tackle, you do have to make a Pichu to get that attack so all the more reason to believe Pika retired and Pichu evloved XD

I find Brawl Pika is more like Pika in the first smash bros. His fair seems to be the same and are both awesome. ^^;

andysoard

Smash Cadet
I still wished that the melee pichu grabbed the party hat rather than keeping those goggles before he evolved and joined brawl.

Top Bottom