• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

The Perfect Sheik - Sheik guide (mostly Sheik combos)

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
DX_97 submitted a new guide:

The Perfect Sheik - Sheik guide (mostly Sheik combos) - Guide to improve your Sheik game

First, I'll cover moves u should be using.

Ftilt - allows u to combo into another ftlilt or fair at low to mid percents. great combo starter

Utilt - can hit enemies on platforms like battlefield while ftilt can't. otherwise dont use it

Dtilt - can hit opponents below stage when used close on the ledge. can combo into up air or fair ex. rosalina using up-b can be hit by dtilt

USmash - Strongest when sweet spotted, can be sweet spotted on enemies on battlefield lower platform

DSmash -...
Read more about this guide...

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
The guide should be more detailed and cover other things apart the moves and combos. It's okay though.

Vici

Smash Rookie
You lost me at "Utilt - can hit enemies on platforms like battlefield while ftilt can't. otherwise dont use it"

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
vici then when other would u use utilt? if ur not hitting enemies on platforms, f tilt is a better option

Vici

Smash Rookie
u tilt combos into bouncing fish at a lot of percents and also combos into back air. A lot of high level sheiks have started to implement it a lot more into their combos and neutral game.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
This is a pretty good sheik guide. But I'd like to suggest you add a pretty good low percent combo.
can give me some of the combos? i have trouble trying to come up with all of them.

Estravo

Smash Rookie
Massachusetts, Franklin 129 Brandywine Road.
NNID
zooliger
can give me some of the combos? i have trouble trying to come up with all of them.
I came up with it. Against characters like Bowser who are heavy, you can do a short hop fair in to f-throw. After this you follow their DI and short hop fast-fall forward air into up tilt. After the up-tilt, grab and either do forward throw or down throw (Depending where you are on the stage which depends on their DI.) if you are near the edge because they try to DI away, forward throw into double fair, and maybe a bouncing fish for the combo to possibly kill if they don't DI. If you are not near the edge, down throw into short hop up-air so you can chain into more things such as up-b or fair. This works against all classes but floaties but I say heavy characters because it is guaranteed against them. This combo works from 0-35, because after that percent range, the up-tilt can no longer lead into a grab. I hope this helps you out with your sheik game.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
I wanted throw combos or guaranteed on most character combos, but ok

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
You lost me at "Utilt - can hit enemies on platforms like battlefield while ftilt can't. otherwise dont use it"
This was funny. Also DX_97 DX_97 I'm pretty sure right before evo there was a video posted on the home page of smashboards that showed Utilt was good and Sheiks should l2p. Everyone can make good use of their entire moveset.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
That is guaranteed on all characters but jigglypuff and Kirby. I checked this and up tilt is a great move fro sheik and You are right Clock Tower Prison
Yeah it was this sick combo vid. Something about how to incorporate Utilt for evo and I recall it saying that's all for now don't want to give to much away, or maybe that was a comment. Either way Utilt is good.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
i have updated the guide. any thoughts? help for matchups and secondaries would be appreciated

Last edited:
Top Bottom