• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Secondary

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but...

Does anyone know of a good secondary to take up that can fight decently against Snake, Dedede, Game and Watch, and most of all, Metaknight?

I was thinking of Pikachu, and I remember reading a post by Kanzaki saying that he used Fox. Any suggestions?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I myself main Lucas and Kirby alongside Mario. Works pretty well for me.

I mean, Kirby goes toe to toe with metaknight, Does well against Snake and G&W, and last I checked, he had an advantage against D3.

Lucas does alright against Snake, breaks even with D3, and has a slight disadvantage against G&W. Lucas is at a disadvantage against Metaknight

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Fox is my secondary, yeah.

A few weeks back at a tourny, I lost first round against a DeDeDe cause of the chain throw, so I switch up to Fox and destroyed him.. I can do fine with Mario against DeDeDe's if they DON'T chain throw, but yeah.

A tourny I went to last Saturday, I lost first round against a MetaKnight, I kept edge guarding, but he kept coming back, and had high percentage.. And the annoying tornado -.- I lost by two stocks, second round, I went Fox, spammed lasers until he was ~90%, and just did a running upsmash =]

My Mario does fine against Snake's, it's just a bit easier using Fox sometimes.

Never fought a decent Game and Watch yet.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Preferably, Mario's my secondary but if things get ugly, I turn to GaW as a secondary although I never really found him useful because I don't use him alot. He has a huge advantage over D3, cant be infinited, does pretty decent against snake/mk. But most of the time I use Marth hands down because hes hella fun as a secondary

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My mains are Mario, Ness, and Wario. I chose my secondaries mainly to deal with high tier characters. They are the Ice Climbers, Fox, and King Dedede. Ice Climbers are great against Snake, Fox is okay against Metaknight and Mr. Game and Watch, and King Dedede does good against most characters in general. including himself (who he can actually infinite on the edge)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
A tourny I went to last Saturday, I lost first round against a MetaKnight, I kept edge guarding, but he kept coming back, and had high percentage.. And the annoying tornado -.- I lost by two stocks
What aerial were you using? A single Uair could kill him if he was at around 120. Bair and Nairs hit hard but they never seem to kill.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
My secondaries

Rob>>Snake and DDD

Peach=DDD

Kirby=MK I also use Marth and G&W against mk as well.

Peach>>>Olimar

Yosh>>>>>>Wario

Mario, Peach, and Rob are my serious fighters tho.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
My main: Mario, my secondary: Mario...
if you don't accept your weakness and confront them, you will never get rid of them(...Dedede)

Top Bottom