• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PCT Tiering Project

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You'll have to ask Silent Verse what Ninetails he was running. He 6-0ed Sir Bed's team with it by the time I walked in.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Sir Bedevere was running a hail team, so Ninetales had a distinct advantage. Anyways, the set I was running was a bulky + fast Nasty Plotter (252 HP, 252 Spe, which probably would have been better as a Calm Minder, but I wanted the immediate power so eh). The set was:

Ninetales@Leftovers
Timid/Magic Guard
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Nasty Plot / Calm Mind
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Moonlight / HP Electric

Basically, it was supposed to set up Nasty Plots easily thanks to Magic Guard, then proceed to sweep. Given the current EVs, it would probably work better with Calm Mind, but I think Nasty Plot is definitely still a good option if you find stacking up Calm Minds harder than Nasty Plots (maybe if powerful physical attackers keep switching in to try to KO you? idk, needs more testing). For more offense, I'd imagine a simple spread of 252 SpA and 252 Spe with Life Orb, a Timid Nature, Magic Guard, and Nasty Plot / Fire Blast / Energy Ball / HP Electric would be incredibly destructive, though it might be harder to set up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you know what's wrong with that set

heatran walls it if it doesn't carry HP electric

and you know who has amazing synergy with heatran?
lilibelle

so while nintetales can coutner lilibelle, there's also heatran to worry about

wait, if this has magic gaurd and a respectable attack, why aren't we using more LO sets with it?

seriously, why do you think krilowatt is a beast on smogon's cap? magic gaurd is **** with anything that has a semblence of an offense

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh my, I forgot Magic Guard stopped Life Orb damage. Ninetails is defiantly OU material then haha. Has a large plethora of uses.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I knew this from the very beginning, am I the only one not oblivious to this the whole time?

:/

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but it only has fire stab and not too fast

we'll let it stay at first since a combo of heatran, lilibelle, and starmie is like an impenetrable wall

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Not too fast? Ninetails is 115, that's as fast as sweepers come.

Its still way to early to call Ninetails broken. Any pokemon that has to run a Hidden Power to keep itself from being walled out by certain pokemon is far from Uber.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If played on correctly, Infernape can to a number to Heatran / Lilibelle / Starmie. Heatran obviously is wrecked by Close Combat, and Lilibelle probably won't take Flare Blitz too lightly and can't fire back a Will-o-Wisp, and Starmie gets U-Turned on and takes hits like a girl.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
unless infernape is scarf, it's not beating starmie

how many napes run u-turn?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My ScarfNape does.

I have it on a team and everything.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
To take on Heatran / Lilibelle / Starmie it probably should be full physical with Flare Blitz / Close Combat / U-Turn / Thunderpunch.

Or something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, what OU pokemon have been damaged by our changes?
What pokemon have been buffed by our changes?
In reguards to type potency, how have we affected type balance?
All of this based only on our knowledge now.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it really wouldn't matter

he 2HKOs at worse and outspeed them all, it's just making the prediction

staraptor has been buffed for sure, it now is a real threat as it 2HKOs EVERYTHING
skarmory was nerfed because lilibelle is a better physical wall while taking special hits way better

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
skarmory was nerfed because lilibelle is a better physical wall while taking special hits way better
Skarmory: physically defensive Spiker
Lilibelle: Wall / tank

Where the **** do you get these comparisons.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you need a physical wall, why use skarmory when lilibelle can take hits a lot better

both serve as annoyers as a sub role

there isn't a reason to use skarm as much as lilibelle when it's ***** by fire attacks worse than lilibelle is and can't do anything to bulky waters like lilibelle can

it can only annoy you in which lilibelle does a better job, while taking more hits

mood4food77

Smash Hero
lilibelle doesn't rely on pain split in the least

subseed is far better in terms of trying to recover damage than pain split

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
if you need a physical wall, why use skarmory when lilibelle can take hits a lot better

both serve as annoyers as a sub role

there isn't a reason to use skarm as much as lilibelle when it's ***** by fire attacks worse than lilibelle is and can't do anything to bulky waters like lilibelle can

it can only annoy you in which lilibelle does a better job, while taking more hits
****ING SPIKES GOD **** IT ARE YOU ******** EVERY ****ING TIME I TRY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU EVERY ****ING TIME l WANT TO KILL THE BOTH OF US

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Skarmory takes Physical hits a ****load better than Lili, for one, and gets spikes.

In terms of less viable OU Pokemon, Dusknoir is getting worse and worse by the second.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's even less viable that it has been in normal OU, is what I'm saying.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Here's a question, how do we buff ghost without buffing rotom? What kind of Pokemon would we need that could buff only a select few ghost? I'm sure if I did enough calculations I could come up with something. If would have to beat TTar, Rotom, Gengar, Glalie, and Weavile, while also losing to Dusknoir and Misdeavous.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not sure what you're saying, CRASHiC. You want to make a Ghost type in order to buff Dusknoir and Mismagius and nerf Tyranitar, Rotom, Gengar, Glalie, and Weavile?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Maybe a Pokemon with Mold Breaker that hits from the special side? Earth Power is super-effective against Rotom and Gengar with Mold Breaker (it hits Mismagius too, but she has a bit of special bulk and isn't weak to it), and we could give it a special fighting attack (Aura Sphere) to do damage to TTar, Glalie, and Weavile.

We just have to not give it Dark or Ghost attacks so it doesn't wreck Missy and Noir too (Hidden Power is lol). This helps Drifblim as well.

I dunno what typing we could give it (or rather, what Pokemon we should use) to make it lose to both Noir and Missy without it losing to Rotom, cus Noir and Missy have very different movesets and Missy uses moves that are similar to Rotom's.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I dunno what typing we could give it (or rather, what Pokemon we should use) to make it lose to both Noir and Missy without it losing to Rotom, cus Noir and Missy have very different movesets and Missy uses moves that are similar to Rotom's.
Make it weak to Fighting.

Missy commonly runs HP Fighting in UU and Noir can SubPunch.

Also keep in mind that Missy can use CM or NP, so a wall that can beat +1 Rotom but not +2 Missy could work.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what you're saying, CRASHiC. You want to make a Ghost type in order to buff Dusknoir and Mismagius and nerf Tyranitar, Rotom, Gengar, Glalie, and Weavile?
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. What I meant is create a pokemon whose prescence in the metagame would aid Migmagius and Dusknoir, while being able to counter/revenge kill/check/threaten/whatever TTar, Rotom, Gengar, Glalie, and Weavile, and I forgot Sharpedo as well.

I like the idea of a special Mold Breaker Pokemon. That would also be a mighty blow to the Lilli/Tran synergy as well, and not gonna lie, I hate Heatran. Houndoom is the most likely candiadate. Given Earth Power and Mold Breaker, he could tear through a great deal of Pokemon, and have great synergy with Dusknoir. Of course, the Sharpedo problem would still exist, and since Dusknoir hates Pursuit users so much, having a counter isn't going to do much good if he can't get past Pursuit.

Whiscash is another contender for the spot. Using earthquake to hit Gengar and Weavile, and since he isn't weak to Sharpedo, as well as being immune to Rotom's thunderbolts, Whiscash could make a great mold breaker. Mold Breaker would give Whiscash something to separate it from the Water/Ground crowd. The only issue here is making a Pokemon a special Mold Break abuser when it has Dragon Dance.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
we just need a mold breaker poke that beats rotom

i suggested tauros but no one loves me enough so it gets ignored

:(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No that wasn't the problem, the problem was that NU to OU became disorganized, and anything that was heavily contested I didn't let in, like my corsola that I did love so :(

mood4food77

Smash Hero
at least tauros brought up 4 pages of discussion

we really need a fast mold breaker

i don't think we should try every NU poke to become OU, only a few

cause trying to bring golem into OU is going to be impossible, i think if the poke doesn't become UU at least, we should just scrap it and move on instead of this being clustered of a bunch of pokemon

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah m4f, keep talking about it here after I moved the conversation to the appropriate thread.

Top Bottom