• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The path to Short Hop Blastering: a guide (sticky me!)

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
OK, I know it's possible to get 2 shots in one short hop with Fox's SHL, but can Falco get two shots in one short hop w/ SHB? I know you'd have to take out the FF. Something to do with the frames it takes Falco to get off the ground. W/ Fox I practically jump and shoot at the same time. I can't get the perfect timing w/Falco, but I know it should be possible because even tho Falco's slower at midair blaster he stays in the air a bit longer.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well I hope this helps. But to SHB forwards while moving backwards, you short hop, press b, then mash the stick to the left and repeat. :cry: Assuming that you are on the right side moving backwards to the left. And if I am wrong could someone correct me? And if this isn't clear don't hesitate to say so. thnx. :laugh:

Danen3

Smash Rookie
its good to start off standing still so you can get it off faster, then jump forward and do it so you can get some real speed going.

mathos

Smash Champion
I don't understand why this guide is in the Fox boards. I know the moves are similiar but Teflon is clearly talking about Falco. The strategy is completely different.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
Hey guide maker, you sound, like an annoying reporter, because of the fact, that, you use an excessive, redundant amount of little dashes, known as commas. You're writing style, is flawed, and on top of that, you need, to brush up, on your grammar.

Hint: Go check, with your English teacher. :p

Do I, make myself, clear? o_O

M4g1c

Smash Rookie
Sweet guide man. Next time I play I'll put on extra deodorant just for you. :p

Death to Gayzer! XD

takieddine

Smash Master
Writing a lot of words about jump and press b, i dont think it'll get stickied.

wtf is SHB lol...

also, the lasering someone with laster while on the ground forcing them to get up...isnt so new, also it works with falco not fox.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
OK, I know it's possible to get 2 shots in one short hop with Fox's SHL, but can Falco get two shots in one short hop w/ SHB?
it's not possible. if it were, falco would be waaaaaaay too good. lol
actually, it's possible on action replay, with move swapping.

Well I hope this helps. But to SHB forwards while moving backwards, you short hop, press b, then mash the stick to the left and repeat. :cry: Assuming that you are on the right side moving backwards to the left. And if I am wrong could someone correct me? And if this isn't clear don't hesitate to say so. thnx. :laugh:
this is wrong... if you're moving right and shooting left, you
1. dash right
2. jump
3. flick the analog stick left, let go
4. hit B
5. fastfall (and start holding right again)
and then repeat.

and WHY is this in the fox boards? falco players need this more. stop teaching fox players how to spam effectively.

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
Great guide and the smelling good was an awesome tip; cause we have a hot girls at our school who plays smash and is good but when i play her she suck so i think she is concentrated on the good smell. Thnx great guide.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Hey just a quick question i asked this on the fox forums. They said that jump cancelling the shine with your blaster was mainly for flashyness but you reccomend it in your guide. I was curious if it was really benneficial to your game against a falco or fox. Also curious if you deflect the laser it adds hitlag to your shield right ?? so you would have to change the normal rhythm and give an extra pause right ??. I would check the last part but im currently cubeless.

also i was reading another post on the falco forums about a laser trick that forward uses where he uses his double jump to aim the lasers differently (not really sure how to explain it) but anyone know how to possibly explain it better ??
P.P.S this is showing up in the fox forums when i clicked a link on the falco forums so sorry.

Top Bottom