• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Optimal Way of Getting Rid Of Nana's Taunt Tutorial

Vorporal

Vorpal Scholar
The Good Stuff
After getting a KO go to the edge and teeter. Nana will instantly go into AI mode and taunt, if she has one. She will never taunt if you go off stage to get the KO and you're still recovering when the flash happens. She will not taunt in training and she will also taunt when you're on the ledge.

Little Bit of Background & Ramblings
I will write a full article of this later with pics, when to side-b, stage control, ports, etc., but I've known about this tech since last year and went to CEO Dreamland where I friendlied Mafia where he said "I see what you did there" where I refuted, but he assured me it was pretty neat and yesterday I saw that he teamed with Nintendude, so rather than have the best IC discovery since Wobbling go to Nintendude I thought I'd post it.

(jokes + name)
I want to name it something like V-cancelling (Victory/Vorpal cancel, but there's already velocity cancelling), Edge Cancelling (sarcasm), or just Vorpal-Taunt. (Veetering?)

Ramblings
My goal is to improve the current Melee play, while also becoming a better player on my own. I take inspiration from Wobbles and am surprised many of the new tech I know isn't very well known. The ICs have a huge technical peak yet to be discovered.

Stay Frosty,
Vorporal

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I'm confused, the title says how to optimally get rid of Nana's taunt. But your description says that going to the edge makes her taunt. What is the goal here, to taunt or not to taunt? Also, I'm not too familiar with any backstory or stats with Nana taunting, other than knowing she occasionally does it during a match.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Honestly, I've been thinking of just rolling/spot dodging after a KO and desync'ing a taunt that way. It seems to use up her taunt usage and I have never seen her taunt again after that but I haven't done much testing. At least this way, you can control when she taunts.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the problem her taunting at the beginning of stocks?

CkBk

Smash Rookie
research done by the ice climbers discord has found doing a simple sync'd grab after taking a stock will get rid of nana's stored grab.

Top Bottom