• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only way to watch movies nowadays is in IMAX 3D

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow. After seeing Avatar last night in IMAX 3D, I don't think I can ever watch a normal movie the same again. I have never felt such immersion in a movie before. The way everything popped out constantly makes you feel like you are in the movie and you are looking at everything through the eyes of the camera. Plus the screen is friggin MASSIVE, so you might even sometimes turn your head to see everything.

Seriously. If you have not seen an IMAX 3D movie yet, you gotta go see one.

Also. They should rename Avatar to Africa since that is directly what it is based off of.

For those of you who have seen IMAX 3D, what did you think of it?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I saw Avatar 3D IMAX the night it came out.

Not gonna lie the 3D made me kinda dizzy for the 1st 10 mins. Took me like 30 minutes to completely adjust to it. Seemed like the 3D made some points of the film a little fuzzy.

I dunno I guess I'd have to see regular Avatar right after Avatar 3D IMAX to make a conclusion. I definitely thought it was entertaining though.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Regular Avatar was pretty good. I saw it first before the IMAX 3D version.
The most appealing part is just how much it immerses you in the feel. The scene where the tree falls and hes waking back up and all of the ashes are falling down..it really felt like that stuff was in your face. Some scenes felt like you can actually reach out and touch whatever was in front of you. Pretty awesome stuff

Top Bottom