• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Only Way to End Ultimate: Final (Bonus?) Character: Mario Classic

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

The original Mario from the first Super Mario Bros. game. 8-bit yet a little 3D to enhance blocky features (not completely flat). All of Mario Classic’s moves are in this 8-bit style. He uses Koopa shells, Springs, Cheep Cheeps, Busy Beetles, and even Bloopers in his normal moveset. He doesn't simply act like his Super Mario Bros original self, but pulls moves from all over that game to make him quirky and fun.

I feel like it'd be kinda fitting to add a final (hopefully bonus) character at the end... that happens to be Mario himself. Like Alpha and Omega, the first and last character of Smash.

Specials:

B: Fire Flower Classic (weak but fast)

Side B (smash): Bullet Bill

Side B (hold): Hammer Throw

B Up: Lakitu Cloud – fly up, then over, dropping two Spiny Eggs by mashing B

B Down: Goombas waddle out from each side. Every once in awhile, summons a Koopa or Paratroopa. Cannot resummon until they die.

Final Smash: Cutting The Bridge. Mario Classic chops with the ax and whoever gets caught in the slice falls into the lava pit (and they see 8-bit Bowser)

Victory Screen: Flag Pole with Fireworks OR Meeting 8-Bit Toad saying “In another castle”

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
It's a cute idea and I'd be on board for it.

As an alternate idea for "Classic Mario" I think we could also go a little further back and have Jump Man as a character. Maybe they could give him some Donkey Kong and DK jr inspired moves.
Jumpman.jpg

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
It's a cute idea and I'd be on board for it.

As an alternate idea for "Classic Mario" I think we could also go a little further back and have Jump Man as a character. Maybe they could give him some Donkey Kong and DK jr inspired moves.
View attachment 297286
Having Jumpman as a playable character could also be a way to bring back palette swaps of Mario for Smash that have been ditched over the years. Taunts too.

Top Bottom