• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only part of brawl I will hate is...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
The fact that there will probably be a system update when I put the game in... : ( and I won't be able to play before it goes in, which could take like, 10-30 minutes. Those will be the longest 10-30 minutes OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRggglrglrglrgllrglrlglrgllggggrrgg

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
well then....maybe I am exaggerating but still, longest 3-5 minutes of my life : (

Shark X

Smash Lord
There's alot of things I already hate about BRawl, but yes, that will be among them. My online system updates take 2 hours (mostly because it gets near finished, then cancels itself. and repeats a million times before it finishes).

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Ok, for some it might take a while,but mine only takes 2-5 min.6 minutes tops.
EDIT-It only took 3 min. when i put in Mario Galaxy for the first time.

orintemple

Smash Lord
This better not happen to me, I just want to play the game. I haven't been waiting years for a game so I can wait 3 more minutes to play it.

That will be the biggest "OMFG COME ON!" moment ever.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can imagine that would just irratate me to no end if that sort of thing happened to me... I already had to do a really long update for the awesome Mario Galaxy, which I had also been eagerly waiting for. The painful update that game made me do was bad enough, but I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I had to wait that long for Brawl! :psycho:

In the end though, I guess any amount of waiting for Brawl will be more than worth it.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Read the manual while you wait. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that anymore.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
The fact that there will probably be a system update when I put the game in... : ( and I won't be able to play before it goes in, which could take like, 10-30 minutes. Those will be the longest 10-30 minutes OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRggglrglrglrgllrglrlglrgllggggrrgg
Wait, so... You hate something about a game... That you haven't even played yet... And there's no evidence to even suggest this feature you hate exists.

Please never speak again.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Hating ANY part of Brawl is BLASPHEMY!
In before This is Sparta

Really, system updates aren't such a big deal. Why not use the bathroom or get some snacks while you wait? It's more productive than just staring at the screen and yelling at your Wii.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
I'm sorry but what update are you guys talking about?
Sometimes, when you buy a Wii game, it comes with an update. More or less, its to check the legallity(making up words ftw) of your system, ISN'T THAT RIGHT, EUROPEAN PEOPLE. <_<

One came with SMG and MP3, so, one can assume that one will come with Brawl.

Wait, so... You hate something about a game... That you haven't even played yet... And there's no evidence to even suggest this feature you hate exists.

Please never speak again.
Well, aren't you a bottle of sunshine...

Eagle

Smash Lord
Reading the Manual is a good idea.

That's only if you didn't scan through the entire thing on the ride home from the shops.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I didn't even know that there was system updates... Maybe mine just downloads that quick.. Oh well we'll see. Even if it does take up to 30 minutes I'll be fine doing something else until than.

-Onyx

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
It probably will be a painful wait, but it'll be a more painful wait for us over in Australia and/or Europe just waiting for the *box* while you lot get the pleasure of getting as far as the system update >_> unless there's a worldwide release excluding Japan? (I can dream...)

But yes, it would be incredibly frustrating to wait so I'd just flick through the manual (drooling on it most likely, mind you) while I wait. Unlike many I actually enjoy the images and even, yes, concept art (for all you sticker-haters).

I remember when I did the update for Galaxy but just as the update finished I knocked a cable without knowing it and lost the sound. Initially I was worried Galaxy had killed my Wii/TV's sound (Yes, I wasn't in a very logic mindset at the time). Then again... in space, no one can hear you scream... or yell at the bad television cables (oh puns, bad jokes, and overused lines... how I love you :psycho:).

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
dont they release system updates anyways even if you dont have whatever game? so cant you just update it before you eave to go get brawl?

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
No, every big Nintendo game has a system update. It happened with Super Paper Mario, MP3 and SMG, and it should with SSBB.

I always had a problem with the internet updates TBH. The game updates are very quick to me.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I had to do a system update when I got Mario Galaxy, and it took maybe 3 minutes at the most

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Use the time to grab food and a beverage... You're gonna need it. And maybe set up your couch so it has more pillows or something, and grab all of your controllers out of your... Some people keep those things in cabinets, right? :p
Good call. :)

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
dont they release system updates anyways even if you dont have whatever game? so cant you just update it before you eave to go get brawl?
1 - Start System Update
2 - Leave house to go buy Brawl
3 - ???
4 - PROFIT!
Sadly, it doesn't work that way. Even if your system is up to date on updates, it will still do an update.

Oh and,

DISK UPDATES ARE FORCED.

It's meant to brick systems that pirate games.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya the updates take no time maybe 5 minutes at the most when i got mario galaxy it took tile 2 minutes so i wouldn't really worry about it.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
If you just keep your wii connected and allow it to download any updates on it's own, you'll never have a game update for you.

I've never had a game tell me I needed an update, because I keep up to date on my own. I suggest you do the same.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Sadly, it doesn't work that way. Even if your system is up to date on updates, it will still do an update.

Oh and,

DISK UPDATES ARE FORCED.

It's meant to brick systems that pirate games.

False, false, and also false.

If you have the latest update, you won't have to update through the disk.

The updates are only forced if you don't have the latest update.

The updates have little to nothing to do with piracy 98% of the time. They're mostly bugfixes.

Occasionally, however, games will come with updates that haven't yet been released via wiiconnect. They usually do this with A-list titles (the last one was with Paper Mario, I believe) to get it out to as many people as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with Brawl.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
masturbate while you wait?
SPLENDED IDEA! If you are fast enough haha. :laugh:

And the update should definitely not be a problem. If you are complaining about a simple minute or two update (for me they have always been maybe 10 seconds) you really have issues as this shouldn't be any hinderance on your playing of the game.

Hell take the time to read the manual while it updates. You probably won't have time to even do that if you regularly update.

Top Bottom