• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only hint Sakurai said for the possibility of extra content

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
In his good-bye speech on the dojo, he said something towards the end, even though he's done updating...

"Also, there’s always a chance that I will need to update sometime in the future with some kind of announcement."

While this just allows the site to be left open, why would he need it to be so, unless he had in mind announcing something else?

He's announced everything in the game, so if he were to announce something in the future, it would have top be extra content...

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Wii simply needs a HDD like the other two, if you're a Virtual Console fanatic, you need the space, and buying SD cards like crazy to me seem impractical. If Wii got a HDD imagine the possibilities of this game...
If the Wii's SD slot can support SDHC, then a HDD would be unnecessary, otherwise a HDD would have to be the only way to go...

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
If you've checked the european translations of the update you'll notice that right before it they also pushed a senctence saying "But wait... the european version isn't even out yet! We're still hard at the work on it and you will have to hold on just a little bit more" or something along these lines, and then the "might need to announce something else" senctence....

Btw,
He's announced everything in the game
*ahem*tripping*ahem*

I.T.P

Smash Ace
If you've checked the european translations of the update you'll notice that right before it they also pushed a senctence saying "But wait... the european version isn't even out yet! We're still hard at the work on it and you will have to hold on just a little bit more" or something along these lines, and then the "might need to announce something else" senctence....

Btw,
*ahem*tripping*ahem*
I'm with this guy, why couldn't there have been a line in that "Smash trivia" saying
"every time you dash forward, you have a 1% chance of your character tripping, can I really do that? Offcourse I can! *EVIL DEDEDE LAUGHTER*"

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
well who knows maybe he said that for donlowding content but that wont work because no hardrive in wii. he could say an update that promotes a new smash bros or game he is making for another franchise. Oh and to kazenoz who knows because europe didn't get the game yet there version may have a little extra content.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I bet the update to the European release date will be somethings along the lines of posting a movie with the videoclip of MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This".

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
The European release date will not be announced on the Dojo.

By the time it gets announced, the internet will be obsolete.

Humans will be obsolete. Robots will be the ones to get the EU version. Then they will all marvel at R.O.B and say 'oh my god best character ever'.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
In his good-bye speech on the dojo, he said something towards the end, even though he's done updating...

"Also, there’s always a chance that I will need to update sometime in the future with some kind of announcement."

While this just allows the site to be left open, why would he need it to be so, unless he had in mind announcing something else?

He's announced everything in the game, so if he were to announce something in the future, it would have top be extra content...
Wow, you really like to jump to conclusions don't you? He means extra content added to the website, not the game. Not everything in the game is on the Dojo anyway.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Heh, we can only hope.
I haven't looked much into the components or limits of the Wii and its Wifi system. But Ive seen multiple statements from seemingly educated people saying patches,updates,extra content etc. is not plausible over with the Wii. I would say maybe very small things could probably be changed. But as for adding new content (characters or changes) it does seem doubtful.

Jaxx Raxor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaxx_Raxor
Actually it is possible for there to be downloadable content. Mario Kart Wii will eventually have downloadable competitions ie. special missions or ghost times or the like. It would not be illogical for the same to happen for other games such as SSBB. But I do agree that is is highly unlikely for new downloadable content to be added to SSBB, and the most likely update that would come up on DOJO would be a release date for Europe.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Wii simply needs a HDD like the other two, if you're a Virtual Console fanatic, you need the space, and buying SD cards like crazy to me seem impractical. If Wii got a HDD imagine the possibilities of this game...
How dare you want to compare a Wii to a PS3 or 360
A wii is not just some other system its a masterpiece
The 360 is a great system but Comparing the Wii to the ps3 were you crazy
the PS3 is the worst system ever even ps1 and N64 are btr than it
but thats not the point
Sakurai will update Brawl oneday even though you will need Wifi connection to Get the update of course but till then we have to just wait and see what happens
also the update could just be on the Dojo telling when the european release date is going to be pushed back
or could the updates for Brawl be made into Super smash Bros Street fighter which would be a new game of course
HAHAHA lol jk if anyone took me serious than you are idiots hahahahaha

6footninja

Smash Ace
Actually it is possible for there to be downloadable content. Mario Kart Wii will eventually have downloadable competitions ie. special missions or ghost times or the like. It would not be illogical for the same to happen for other games such as SSBB. But I do agree that is is highly unlikely for new downloadable content to be added to SSBB, and the most likely update that would come up on DOJO would be a release date for Europe.
Ah I see. I haven't really looked into it, but if Mariokart can have these kinds of additions made then I guess its possible to some extent, but I still doubt it actually happening.

As for updates made on the dojo. Good assumption, I would have to agree if updates were to come on the site, it probably would be EU release information.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
If you are referring to the games on each of the consoles, youre right. For games, 360 is the best, then Wii, then PS3.

But if you mean the console itself, then the Wii gets completely destroyed by the other two. In comparison, it is an awful console. But thats what you get for paying so much less i suppose...

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. I haven't really looked into it, but if Mariokart can have these kinds of additions made then I guess its possible to some extent, but I still doubt it actually happening.

As for updates made on the dojo. Good assumption, I would have to agree if updates were to come on the site, it probably would be EU release information.
Downloadable content is already being used for SSBB. Those daily custom stages aren't appearing because of magic.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
The European release date will not be announced on the Dojo.

By the time it gets announced, the internet will be obsolete.

Humans will be obsolete. Robots will be the ones to get the EU version. Then they will all marvel at R.O.B and say 'oh my god best character ever'.

LOL, pretty good, and pathetically true. It's times like this im proud to be an American haha.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Yeah and like others said if they'll let the Wii use SD cards to read game data, then it'd be possible. Characters themselves in SSBB don't really take up much space actually, the Wii's 512MB should be able to handle extra characters.

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
but thats not the point
Sakurai will update Brawl oneday even though you will need Wifi connection to Get the update of course but till then we have to just wait and see what happens
also the update could just be on the Dojo telling when the european release date is going to be pushed back
or could the updates for Brawl be made into Super smash Bros Street fighter which would be a new game of course
Ah you brought the console wars to Brawl...so immature. I thought the people on this board were better than that. I realize the Wii for the masterpiece it is but I also realize that no matter how bad the PS3 is, it doesn't have the system failure rates that the 360 continues to have time and time again. Red Rings of Death for the loss.

And again I mentioned HDD as an idea for now the Wii can get much more space and allow much more content to compete with the online services of PSN and Xbox live. WiiWare is supposed to be nintendo's answer to all that but with more and more stuff and a lack of space, they need to get thier act together and think of something. Depending on if anything comes out on Smash, the game is such a phenomenon people will need more space for just this game alone.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Downloadable content is already being used for SSBB. Those daily custom stages aren't appearing because of magic.
nononono, UPDATES, i.e patches
If you look at the orignial post we were consulting UPDATES. I was summing it up into one word. Downloadable content. Of course those stages don't appear from magic. But by downloadable content, I was obviously stating updates and patches. Those custom stages weren't patches. They didn't fix/change anything in the basic game.

daimyo

Smash Rookie
If you are referring to the games on each of the consoles, youre right. For games, 360 is the best, then Wii, then PS3.

But if you mean the console itself, then the Wii gets completely destroyed by the other two. In comparison, it is an awful console. But thats what you get for paying so much less i suppose...
Gonna go and completely agree with this

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
If you look at the orignial post we were consulting UPDATES. I was summing it up into one word. Downloadable content. Of course those stages don't appear from magic. But by downloadable content, I was obviously stating updates and patches. Those custom stages weren't patches. They didn't fix/change anything in the basic game.
Well it kind of is an update, a small one that doens't fix anything, but still an update.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think needs fixing?

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice

I ment the games idiot lol jk ur not a idiot its just you clearly misunderstud wat i said also In console strength its 360 then Ps3 then Wii
Ps3 is to big tho

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Ah you brought the console wars to Brawl...so immature. I thought the people on this board were better than that. I realize the Wii for the masterpiece it is but I also realize that no matter how bad the PS3 is, it doesn't have the system failure rates that the 360 continues to have time and time again. Red Rings of Death for the loss.

And again I mentioned HDD as an idea for now the Wii can get much more space and allow much more content to compete with the online services of PSN and Xbox live. WiiWare is supposed to be nintendo's answer to all that but with more and more stuff and a lack of space, they need to get thier act together and think of something. Depending on if anything comes out on Smash, the game is such a phenomenon people will need more space for just this game alone.
lol i was just kidding around even tho i have to admit wii does need start working on Wiiware and as you said get their act together

6footninja

Smash Ace
Well it kind of is an update, a small one that doens't fix anything, but still an update.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think needs fixing?
Well, true.

And personally, I don't think anything needs much fixing. People seem to really dislike the tripping. It isn't much a problem at all for me, but if Nintendo would take the time to make patches, and if it is to change for the better (or to stop the constant complaining). Then I think maybe tripping would be eliminated or "fixed". Idk how they would fix something random, but assuming Nintendo would pull it off. Im just consulting the basic topic of whether or not Updates could/will be made. Maybe if they were made it would be to simply add new stuff, other than new mapes made by players in custom stage maker. Maybe new costumes, even new modes. I don't believe it possible, something like new modes. But if it could/did happen.I would consider it Like adding more icing to a cake. Not taking out the bad flavors.

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Yep, definitely. Nintendo has much catching up to do as far as online goes. Virtual console games are nice and all but they are overall falling behind on terms of online gaming. Nintendo only has so many games you can go online with and the ones you can definitely have room for improvement although Smash I guess is a step up and Mario Kart Wii should be good...now if only we could ditch the whole separate friend code thing for each game...anyone else notice how off topic we are now?

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
L Ryusaki my apologies as I realized I misinterpreted your first post on here to begin with but hey it gets me more posts on here so I don't have to be a "smash nOOb". Lol (Off topic-anyone know where to find how many posts you need to achieve the different statuses such as Smash Debater, Smash God, ect.)

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
******* never mentioned tripping. I doubt he will since he has said so many times that he would not unless he has completely lied to the world
Actually he did in an interview and it was one of the dojo updates. I remember the update cause it had mario tripping and gimpy posted the interview in his thread.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Check out the wi fi section. Its empty, so why is it there???
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/index.html
...Try CLICKING on it. You'll then find out that there is LOADS of stuff under WiFi, just in a seperate page.

Anyways, I doubt there'll be any DLC. So why would he need extra Dojo updates?

More 'screenshots galore', for one. If they decide to do a monthly one eventually, they'll need to announce that.

Second, a European release date, for obvious reasons. They're going to release it in a few months most likely (aka sometime in the summer).

Third, they could have best snapshot/stage contests.

Fourth, they could announce Nintendo-sponsored tourneys.

Fifth, next April Fools he has to make an update saying 'We're removing tripping with a patch that'll be released tomorrow!' then on the next day go 'APRIL FOOLS!'

Shall I go on about how many other reasons they could have to announce things, and that it most likely isn't hinting at an update for the actual game, since he even said in multiple interviews how he decided not to have any for various reasons?

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Umm guys why are most (if not all) of you forgetting that we have Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, etc in the game's disc already? Couldn't Sakurai just make like a code for unlocking those chars that would be downloaded to your Wii the same way a VC game is?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'd assume he meant something like whenever the daily Snapshots and Stages will end. They kind of have to eventually. I doubt he's hinting at DLC although I really wish he was. That would be like the coolest thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom