• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only hint Sakurai said for the possibility of extra content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin14

Smash Cadet
So... to get this straight, is it possible for DLC to be achieved via the WI-FI button on the main screen of the game? Is it possible it can send permanent files to the game instead of temporary ones?

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
L Ryusaki my apologies as I realized I misinterpreted your first post on here to begin with but hey it gets me more posts on here so I don't have to be a "smash nOOb". Lol (Off topic-anyone know where to find how many posts you need to achieve the different statuses such as Smash Debater, Smash God, ect.)
I believe either 200 or 300 is Smash Journeyman. Smash God to my knowledge doesn't exist unless someone placed it as a custom title (like how Gimpyfish appears to be chronically banned). Smash Debater is reserved for members with posting rights in the Debate Hall.

So... to get this straight, is it possible for DLC to be achieved via the WI-FI button on the main screen of the game? Is it possible it can send permanent files to the game instead of temporary ones?
This has been answered billions of times, but since I know how much of a hassle searching through the quagmire that is the Brawl Boards to find one good topic can be, I'll let you slide this time.

You know that magical GH3 DLC for Wii that's always talked about but never seen? It likely will never materialize, just as Brawl will likely never receive any updates other than the current temporary items and possible online fixes.

1. As the Wii has a pitiful 512MB of internal memory, most of which most people have already taken up with saves, VC games, etc., you can't store muc of anything permanent on it, hence the SD card slot.

2. Storing DLC on an SD card is unheard of.

3. Not only would the raw code for characters need to be downloaded and stored, but you would need a program to run through and compile everything, then somehow alter the game to make it accept everything (which it can't because such a function is not in the game's file structure).

4. If not everyone has the code necessary to properly display a character, they would be offline-only since people without the DLC could not view them.

Plain and simple, without a HDD the Wii will never have relevant DLC.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There will be no Downloadable Content.

*ahem* anyways... While I do not know exactly why he said that, he already deconfrmed DLC. Geez guys.... I can't believe you still hold on to such false hope.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
There will be no Downloadable Content.

*ahem* anyways... While I do not know exactly why he said that, he already deconfrmed DLC. Geez guys.... I can't believe you still hold on to such false hope.
Con: Your instrument sounds like a fart machine

Pro: You have the ultimate pick-up line: Hey, baby, wanna play my bassoon?

Sorry, just had to say that.

On topic, I don't think it's too bad to hope. If enough people ***** about how substandard Brawl is (which I really do feel it has some major issues in nearly every aspect), we can only hope that Nintendo will give us metaphorical candy so shut us up (meaning if we whine enough, we might just get DLC).

As a cautionary note: be careful what you wish for; you just might get it (anyone for Toon Sheik, Plusle/Minun,Dixie Kong? I thought not--even the preliminary planning of this game sucked...).

crosser43

Smash Journeyman

Sorry, just had to say that.

On topic, I don't think it's too bad to hope. If enough people ***** about how substandard Brawl is (which I really do feel it has some major issues in nearly every aspect), we can only hope that Nintendo will give us metaphorical candy so shut us up (meaning if we whine enough, we might just get DLC).

As a cautionary note: be careful what you wish for; you just might get it (anyone for Toon Sheik, Plusle/Minun,Dixie Kong? I thought not--even the preliminary planning of this game sucked...).
um the bassoon totally owns ur butt

and also of course it is ok to hope, but i dont think it is smart to hope for something u noe that will not happen, any downloadable content, or anything that'll affect our gameplay is almost 100% confirmed false.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aw.. come on... Bassoon sounds so awesome when played right. Heck, even when I play it, it sounds better than that.

I guess some people just can't appreciate it. >_> It was a very beautiful low register.

-_-

The only reason I say there is no hope, is because Sakurai confirmed there won't be any Downloadable content in that IGN interview.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
For everyone bringing up the IGN interview, who seriously in their right mind would honestly believe Sakurai would blow such a big secret to Brawl if DLC is there, to IGN!?... seriously guys, think a little.

Nintendo always keeps there stuff secret till they're ready to annouce it themselves.

DLC was stated to be talked about in May at E3, so just wait till then...

Also, there are no issues in running game data off of Flash cards, it is a pure busted myth that game data can't be properly ran off of them and the only way is using an HDD, look at the PSP if you don't believe me...

As for the Wii being able to run DLC, Nintendo announced and have been stating in the past that large scale homebrew is in the works, and has even slightly shown up in the Wiiware title Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as King

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, well... I'm extremely sick of all of the false hope that has been created for this game.

IGN is enough of a source for me.

Believe what you want to believe, but I shall not believe in DLC anymore. I'm so sick of this crap coming up.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
There could be a remote possibility of a special edition of Brawl released in the future with content added. DLC, however, the resources just aren't there.

D

Deleted member

Very unlikely.

At least its almost certain there shall be something similiar in the sequal, thanks to the poll.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Short of Sakurai saying "Yes, we will have DLC" there's no point talking about it since he has flat out said there isn't any, and it's not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom