• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The online in this game will stay garbage, wont it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Doubt nintendo is capable of game patches/updates like the ps4 is with ps4 games. I think the only update this game got was a tweak with preferred matches that really amounted to nothing since i cant remember how much of a difference it made since the preferred settings still suck and, elite smash makes it worse. Couple that with the dumb online bans you get for suiciding and quitting because nintendo i guess never heard of host migration or whatever. The ban times are crazy. There should be no penalties unless its rank ; if it isnt, players should be able to do whatever they want and just use the report feature. At this point i dont think theyll ever be an update because its been a little over a month and the internet is very vocal about the problems. Still no stage select or character select either. Out of all the days i played this game and only this game since december, ive still never played on all of the stages or had a true 4 player smash match online (items/stage hazards/time) . Its like competitive>>>>casual and youll get lucky to even find a casual match outside of arena playground...all skill levels eventually become a lobby of glory players. Imo i think this is it and the online wont change. This game will thrive at tournament$$$$$$$$ though, i think thats what this smash was really for. Not even for online but, offline tournaments only.

D

Deleted member

It, uh, isn't quite as bad as it was pre-patch. the only real mixup anymore is occasionally getting omega stages when I wanted battlefield, an the VERY rare Smash Ball appearance. Also, are you actually ****ing saying that there should be no penalty for SD'ing? lmao

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
Couple that with the dumb online bans you get for suiciding and quitting because nintendo i guess never heard of host migration or whatever. The ban times are crazy. There should be no penalties unless its rank ; if it isnt, players should be able to do whatever they want and just use the report feature. .
If I remember correctly you made a thread ranting about something and you are trying to get banned from the forums... or something? Or testing the mods?

I dunno, anyway, this is a silly thing you said here and I disagree.

That's all.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It, uh, isn't quite as bad as it was pre-patch. the only real mixup anymore is occasionally getting omega stages when I wanted battlefield, an the VERY rare Smash Ball appearance. Also, are you actually ****ing saying that there should be no penalty for SD'ing? lmao
I still get item FFAs in Elite Smash all the time. And the lag is still objectively worse than before.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I cleary posted it in the main post so, yea im saying it. Just report if you got a problem with bowserciding, etc or easy wins because somones so bad that they kill themselves alot. The real question is are you seriously defending this **** just because its already implented into the game?

And no one still answered about if the online will ever get anymore updates

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I still get item FFAs in Elite Smash all the time. And the lag is still objectively worse than before.
I don't know how you end up in FFA items matches all the time. I barely have them anymore.
Even when I want to play casual and set my preferred rules on FFAs, I'd say half of the fights are 1v1 no item.

Also, if you get constant lag on every matches, then your connection is probably the issue. Or maybe you play on WiFi which will most likely introduce a lot of mini freezes.

I do agree that the online needs some adjustments though, separate modes for casual and competitive is definitely needed in my opinion.
And probably a better ranking system but I doubt that will ever change.

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
I cleary posted it in the main post so, yea im saying it. Just report if you got a problem with bowserciding, etc or easy wins because somones so bad that they kill themselves alot. The real question is are you seriously defending this **** just because its already implented into the game?

And no one still answered about if the online will ever get anymore updates
I can't name one game where a quick report feature actually works. They are usually there just for players to be salty and act like they will do something about it, where as 98% of reports end up being some kid getting mad because he got owned, and these reports are often spammed. So that would be pointless to add in smash.

To answer your second question. No one is sure what updates are coming in the future. I recommend just checking with Nintendo's updates and wait and see if they are doing another Nintendo Direct. They started the paid service back in September 2018, so it should be normal to expect a better platform in the future.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
The online in this game is fine and began fine. It will only improve in the future. And, as always, penalties accrued by hurting both your, and your opponent's, experience is justified and should hit people far harder. You should be out a full day if you do something often enough to trigger a penalty. It's very not cash money of you to rage quit.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
For me, the matchmaking and bad interface are small problems.

There are some bigger problems:

Connection and stability of the matches
ABISM
Matchmaking of Quickplay
Arenas being boring to find, wait for players and waiting for matches
Lack of a good rank system
Interface annoyances
Others..

And yeah, I dont think they will fix it enough.

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
The online in this game is fine and began fine. It will only improve in the future. And, as always, penalties accrued by hurting both your, and your opponent's, experience is justified and should hit people far harder. You should be out a full day if you do something often enough to trigger a penalty. It's very not cash money of you to rage quit.
Glad you arent in charge of the service. I guess you just proved that it actually could be worse

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Glad you arent in charge of the service. I guess you just proved that it actually could be worse
Why do you think ragequitting shouldn't be punished? Legitimate question.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
If I was in charge of the service, I'd listen to the 98% of players who are either enjoying the service, or are offering level-headed, objective feedback. I'd also re-implement the statistic showing how many times you were prevented from playing due to acting in a poor, negative way, along with permanently incrementing time-bans for repeated misbehavior. 1 hour for the first, 2 hours for the second, 3 hours for the third, and so on. Going from my personal history of reading your posts... You'd be at roughly 97 hours per ban due to intentionally SDing, right?

I'd keep a nice white board in office. Or maybe a chalk board. You know, go old school? You know what. Let's have both! Anyway, we'd keep one and keep a running tally of who has the highest instance of ToS-breaking behavior and see who has the highest ban time globally! Like a private leaderboard.

Tangents aside, I've been enjoying Online a lot. It's the best it's ever been in the Smash series. It's not faultless, but it can still be improved and likely will be. So far, 100% of patches, (post 1.1, since it was the "you can play the game now" patch) have positively impacted online! That's an amazing statistic!

Optimism can take you a long way. Try it sometime.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
User was warned for this post
I don't know how you end up in FFA items matches all the time. I barely have them anymore.
Even when I want to play casual and set my preferred rules on FFAs, I'd say half of the fights are 1v1 no item.

Also, if you get constant lag on every matches, then your connection is probably the issue. Or maybe you play on WiFi which will most likely introduce a lot of mini freezes.

I do agree that the online needs some adjustments though, separate modes for casual and competitive is definitely needed in my opinion.
Dont listen to Lancer. He is a known troll how just says backwards stuff to rile people up. Just press the ignore button and move on with your day.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Why do you think ragequitting shouldn't be punished? Legitimate question.
Anything more extreme than simply awarding a loss for ragequitting is unnecessary

It's the equivalent of leaving the ring or the field during a match. You forfeit. You get a loss. The other person gets the win.

If someone wants to leave a match early because they already know the outcome and want to get to their next match sooner, more power to them I say.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I can play like 50 matches in a row on Pokken and have them be spotless, but then in Smash 70% of matches have either horrendous studdering or half a second of input lag. It’s not my connection. Hell, going back to my Wii U for Smash has been much better overall. Both are wired with proper setup.

Dunno what to tell ya. At best I get at least one jank ruleset an hour. Usually it’s more common than that.

R208

Smash Cadet
I hope not. I'm tired of team matches and free4alls with items.
I have not gotten a SINGLE one on one online match since this games launch.
Not even once
How many games have you played? Do you have preferred rules on and set to 1 on 1, no items, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom