• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one newcomer you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Just to prove all Chrom's supporters/propagandists wrong. I love Ghirahim, but getting Lucina and not Chrom would so sweet a victory, I wouldn't care what else happened.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I believe Ray survived the Direct massacre, did he not? If so, he actually has a chance, however small it is.
He did survive. He has multiple trophies in melee and an assist trophy in brawl, as well as having one of the Gundam devs on his team, a series Sakurai is fond of. I agree with him having slim chances, but he'd be a great aerial fighter with many cool special attacks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He did survive. He has multiple trophies in melee and an assist trophy in brawl, as well as having one of the Gundam devs on his team, a series Sakurai is fond of. I agree with him having slim chances, but he'd be a great aerial fighter with many cool special attacks.
That's pretty cool, honestly. He would be inherently unique as he an aerial fighter. If he played exactly how he does in Brawl (AT) that would actually be awesome.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I'm gonna say Andy or someone else from Advance Wars. Because they are the most likely to be very unique.

But I would also love another pikmin rep :)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
No doubt Paper Mario (sorry but ridley is my second most wanted)

Why? Well, instead of explaining way too much, I will just try to summarize. To be honest, out of all the character that I checked (even those who should come before him) he's the one that has the bigest potential but not just in moveset and uniqueness, in literally EVERY department even out of the character like stage and animations. It's for that reason that I call his potential "infinite" and even if I know that he's mario, it seriously makes me wonder if he's THE mario like toon link was for link.

But what makes my support really strong for him is the desperate need of rep for his series. In brawl he only got trophies and stickers while the M&L series got a music. Why? For having 4 games since the n64 (and the one on the gc being a masterpiece), I simply CAN'T understand why he was so underrepresented. I'm ok if we get bowser jr instead of him but seriously having at least one music is A MINIMUM.

There you have it.
I second this. Paper Mario is the #1 newcomer I'd like to see, Ridley comes as a close second. Great minds think alike I guess :colorful:

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Before Greninja was confirmed I was supporting a certain fairy-type Pokemon, but now it has basically 0 chance (oh well, I didn't expect it to be in, and Greninja's a great choice)

Now I guess I could say my most wanted is Ridley, but only for the chaos that would ensue

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Purely for the hype and rage he'd produce, Ridley.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If I could choose anyone then it'd have to be Banjo-Kazooie. If I had to be realistic then I'd choose the Duck Hunt Dog.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just to prove all Chrom's supporters/propagandists wrong. I love Ghirahim, but getting Lucina and not Chrom would so sweet a victory, I wouldn't care what else happened.
On a realistic level. If FE were to get 3 reps (which I still doubt for numerous reasons), Lucina would definitely be more likely than Chrom.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, for the hundreds of reasons we've covered ad nauseum since Melee was released.

As for the confirmed newcomers I have no interest in any of them. "But wait, Zuby!" I hear you cry, "you've got Little Mac in your sig!" Yes, I think Little Mac should be in the game, but I have no interest in actually playing as him.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Palutena is probably the one I want the most, but at this point, I would actually be surprised if she didn't make it in.

So I'll go with Paper Mario. Not only is he the main character of my favourite video game (Paper Mario on N64) but also because he would be a fun character with a lot of personality and a unique moveset. Sadly, I feel like his chances are very very slim... There's just so many Mario characters out there, and it doesn't feel like Sakurai even acknowledges the existence of the Paper Mario franchise...

Toastie

Smash Rookie
Probably either Prince Sablé or Professor Layton. Both of them seem unlikely to get in for different reasons (Layton technically being a third-party character and Sablé being obscure and Japan-only). I'd also love to see an Inazuma Eleven character get in, but they'd probably be even less likely than Layton.

I'll go with Professor Layton as my choice.

D

Deleted member

If bias/unlikelyhood is not a factor here, then

Otherwise it would be a very close toss-up between K. Rool and Shulk with my vote probably going to Shulk because of the music.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Because she has the benefit of being different at least visually. Three Fire Emblem characters all clad in their default blue pallettes are going to be extremely hard to differentiate in the heat of battle due to their overwhelming similarities. Especially on the 3DS' small screen. They remedied this slightly with Ike's different design, but adding Chrom would be nonsensical due to this. Lucina has a different skeletal structure, due to being a female character and would cause less confusion.

And from my understanding, she was promoted as heavily as Chrombo was for Awakening.

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Amaterasu. Literally the only character that would convince me to stop maining Ganondorf.

Well, Demise would too, but that's never gonna happen.

Niala

Smash Ace
Henry. Completely unrealistic, but there's just so much about him to love. Plus, he'd bring a mage from Fire Emblem to the party, which would be interesting and unique in it's own right.

Realistically, I would want Ghirahim, but even he's a stretch. That being said, though, I'm fine with almost anything. Gotta just go with the flow sometimes. 8)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Robin. I would main him/her since day one...
plus while his/her chances arent bad, i still think that Chrom have the upper hand.

Close seconds would be Ridley or Mewtwo.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Gaming character: Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Non gaming: Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
Luffy all day if that weren't impossible. but actually God Kaiser Pirate King Usopp

So Ridley fo sho

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Mike (StarTropics series 1990 - 1994)

Plain and simple. If Mario dragged me to play videogames for the first time, Mike Jones, and his game about rescuing his uncle from evil aliens in the tropics, cemented my love for videogames at an early age. StarTropics was to me what to most kids The Legend of Zelda was.

I've wanted him ever since SSB for the N64, and he has remained my #1 choice ever since.
I would want him to have a Yoyo-centric moveset, mostly. So he could play a middle range type character.
He also has a HUGE selection of secondary weapons to choose from, that I could easily come up with 2 movesets for him, and I still wouldn't be using up all of his items.

To be honest, I want to see him SO bad, that even if he's just an assist trophy, or heck.... even a regular trophy, is a big plus in my book.
He could be the western version of Marth/Roy in Melee, because unlike Little Mac, Mike Jones is absolutely UNHEARD of in Japan.

-

As for how the roster is doing so far:

I'm pretty happy.

Newcomer side: :4megaman::4littlemac:
Veteran side: :4sonic::4zss:

Little Mac and Megaman made the roster for me. I've loved Megaman series since I was a little kid, grew up with MM2, MM3, and MM6. I wanted MM in Brawl, and it sucked that he didn't get in due to the devs not askin one another if he could be in it. (Or so they say)
As for Little Mac, I fell in love with the game as soon as I tried it around 7 years ago. I love every single Punch Out! game, and it's currently my favorite (semi-active) Nintendo franchise.

My only gripe with the roster so far... is the lack of :pt:.
I honestly can't believe that a character so popular, and perhaps THE most relatable character in the Pokemon universe (the main hero who does everything) is not or will not be in it.
He was in the BOX ART of Brawl, are they seriously planning on forcing a back-seat on him after that and his moderately big role in the SSE? He doesn't necessarily have to be a background character either.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because she has the benefit of being different at least visually. Three Fire Emblem characters all clad in their default blue pallettes are going to be extremely hard to differentiate in the heat of battle due to their overwhelming similarities. Especially on the 3DS' small screen. They remedied this slightly with Ike's different design, but adding Chrom would be nonsensical due to this. Lucina has a different skeletal structure, due to being a female character and would cause less confusion.

And from my understanding, she was promoted as heavily as Chrombo was for Awakening.
This is one of my reasons as well. i don't think she is quite as similar to Marth visually as everyone says. Back when "Marth" was shown for Fire Emblem Awakening, people were complaining about he looked too different. Like a girl.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

dunno, seems like a pretty easy problem to solve, make chrom cape and armor be always whiteish despite the color, and since FE characters their capes are the most easy to identify feature (not the hair) it would actually work.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
dunno, seems like a pretty easy problem to solve, make chrom cape and armor be always whiteish despite the color, and since FE characters their capes are the most easy to identify feature (not the hair) it would actually work.
I do still think Lucina would easier to visually identify, however the cape thing is actually a valid point.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
Well, to respond to my own question, and after seeing some of your responses, I would have to say that the one newcomer that I would really like to see would be Pac-man. I know that he is extremely popular and at first I thought he would be weird in the game. After some thought, I realized that he really deserves the third party spot. He is so iconic, maybe even more so than Mario, making his chances that much greater. I also personally would want to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-man duke it out together. The four giants in one game would be amazing.
2356454387_pacman_answer_1_small.png

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to add to this conversation, but I've already talked about my most wanted, so there's nothing to add.

Alternatively, I'll just like all the posts on this thread because I like everyone's enthusiasm. :)

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
I want to add to this conversation, but I've already talked about my most wanted, so there's nothing to add.

Alternatively, I'll just like all the posts on this thread because I like everyone's enthusiasm. :)
If you want to talk about more, go on ahead, I’m sure all of us will like what you have to say.

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
Geno or Paper Mario, slightly more on the side of Geno. Mario RPG = My Childhod
I would really like a Paper Mario stage though, just for the sake of having a bunch of PM:TTYD music in My Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom