• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The One Inch Punch" A Mii Brawler Insta KO Tech

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It could be due to the fact that Mii Fighters are not allowed in for Glory Mode and thats what Sakurai did most of his balancing based off of.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It could be due to the fact that Mii Fighters are not allowed in for Glory Mode and thats what Sakurai did most of his balancing based off of.
Aw damn. That makes a ton of sense. I hope they don't end up banning Mii Brawler because of this (heck even just banning Piston Punch is bad for me, I love that move).

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Aw damn. That makes a ton of sense. I hope they don't end up banning Mii Brawler because of this (heck even just banning Piston Punch is bad for me, I love that move).
they won't. The move is fixed knockback and only guarantees a kill on one character.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
they won't. The move is fixed knockback and only guarantees a kill on one character.
It's too bad the East Coast already did. They banned it the moment after the tournament ended where I used it. Yeah, you can say that customs are the reason why its banned, but the moment customs are allowed again if ever, I can assure you Piston Punch will be banned. I've already given up on the move and moved onto Helicopter Kick, the move is just as viable if not better, lacking the Insta KO though obviously.

You literally do the same with Helicopter Kick as you would with Piston Punch, the only difference is that Helicopter deals more damage and kills horizontally, meaning places without platforms are no longer an issue. Kills DDD at like 100% lmfao its still really good.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
It's too bad the East Coast already did. They banned it the moment after the tournament ended where I used it. Yeah, you can say that customs are the reason why its banned, but the moment customs are allowed again if ever, I can assure you Piston Punch will be banned. I've already given up on the move and moved onto Helicopter Kick, the move is just as viable if not better, lacking the Insta KO though obviously.

You literally do the same with Helicopter Kick as you would with Piston Punch, the only difference is that Helicopter deals more damage and kills horizontally, meaning places without platforms are no longer an issue. Kills DDD at like 100% lmfao its still really good.
are you f*cking kidding me. East Coast, you suck. The same area that refused to ban Meta Knight is now throwing the banhammer on a move because of a hard to pull off trick that barely even matters.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Once I get my hands on the Wii U version I'm making a tutorial on the one inch punch while showing its strengths and weaknesses, and I'll let everyone decide if its bannable or not.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I've been playing around with Helicopter kick and yeah, I can see its potential. I hope that only Piston Punch gets banned, then, not all custom moves :/

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm going to test all of that soon enough, see how much the opponent can actually do to avoid the move. soon it will be all clear.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I actually did very little testing on the OIP when I came across it, but what little I have done with it recently kind of makes me dislike it: Piston Punch is a strong vertical knockback on final hit so I use it for a KO upwards... except sometimes the OIP kicks in and knocks the opponent upwards without KO'ing them due to what seems to be set KB instead of KB growth (KB growth is what will usually get you a KO, which is what the OIP does not seem to utilize).
The result is that someone at a potential KO percentage is not KO'd.

Unless I'm fighting a Jiggs, this tech is practically worthless (at this point) and at worse it is a detriment to an otherwise good KO attack. Anyone else having this problem crop up?

It's too bad the East Coast already did.
It seems very hypocritical to have previously allowed for moves such as Shuttle Loop and Mach Tornado, or characters like Meta Knight, and techs like Chain Grabs and other infinites... but to allow for similar ATs like Reverse Blazer, Toon Link D-Smash, the Mario Coin Punch, and potentially other KO attacks (like the mysterious Pit F-Spec KO'ing at 44% I had done to me) is just plain ol' scrubbery (or just plain crazy).

I won't blanket the entire "east coast" as villains here without evidence and hearing reasoning, and I will also say that the decision made to allow Mii on a basic level at the KTAR is a reasonable offering considering it is the beginning of the Wii U events. But TO's will have to make hard decisions that will show us if they are going to pander to the usual scrubby complaints of "too good, therefore ban" or stand by competitive principles. Imagine what the competitive world of Melee would have been like if the TO's pandered to the complaints against wavedashing, L-canceling, and even edgehogging being "broken" or "too good". The future of Smash is up to us to forge.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That's actually very relieving. The guy doesn't hate custom moves. He just thinks it's impossible (and, tbh, it is) to unlock every single custom move for every single WiiU before the tournament.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I think that, within a year or so, whether it be due to people getting customs in the 3DS version, or being able to download save files off the web that have all the customs unlocked, (and maybe certain equips...) or people having more time with the Wii U game, TOs will start allowing customs.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The good news is Customization: Off does not affect the Mii at all.
So it is still unreasonable to group Mii in with Custom Moves.

Edit: I posted a response to the article that was linked. And I am changing my name to t0mMii to show support to Mii ;^)

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The good news is Customization: Off does not affect the Mii at all.
So it is still unreasonable to group Mii in with Custom Moves.

Edit: I posted a response to the article that was linked. And I am changing my name to t0mMii to show support to Mii ;^)
Progress on getting Mii fighters is getting better. I'll repost what I said on facebook.

"
What I suggest to change towards the rules.

-Ban All Unlockable custom moves
-Mii Fighters must be Guest Miis
-Ban Piston Punch

What this essentially does is make Mii Fighters and Palutena's Customs legal, since they are available from the start and can be accessed in the custom menu screen, they can both be made in less than 1 minute on ANYONE'S WII U. ANYONES, they dont even need a mii.

The argument against this would be "Well, thats not fair if they have their customs and nobody else does!"

This is my counter argument.

As of right now the reason why Customs are banned is because they're impossible to have on all Wii us at a tournament. So just ban the unlockable ones. Palutena and Mii Fighters have unique customs that are just flat out different moves, and they're there from the start and take no time at all to make on the spot on ANYONE'S Wii U. That is why they should be allowed.

So with that out of the way, why should they still be banned? You're killing an entire character because the rest of the customs are hard to unlock. The worst part about it is that Mii Brawler could be viable too and fix the Diddy Kong problem.

If you guys still have a problem with the Piston Punch, just ban that. Ban that until its proven to not be broken. Just allow Mii Fighters and Palutena to use the rest of their customs. That would be nice. Thanks
"

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Diddy Kong problem?
After the patch, Diddy Kong has been over saturated and became one of the most unstoppable characters in tournament. Almost MK in Brawl level. This isn't exactly the right place to talk about it though.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
What I suggest to change towards the rules.

-Ban All Unlockable custom moves
-Mii Fighters must be Guest Miis
-Ban Piston Punch
A better ultimatum is: Turn Customization "Off" and let the players play the game that they traveled far and wide to pay to do.

The argument against this would be "Well, thats not fair if they have their customs and nobody else does!"
This is NOT an unfair advantage the same way it was NOT an unfair advantage that Zelda could change her appearance/height/weight/moveset when selecting Sheik (as well as other characters with similar "advantages"). That is the nature of the game's roster: To have a variety, not to ban any character subjectively judged "advantageous".

What is an unfair advantage is all other players being able to select their non-customization options and Mii players cannot.
Let them know just how hypocritical they are being.

This is my counter argument.
As of right now the reason why Customs are banned is because they're impossible to have on all Wii us at a tournament. So just ban the unlockable ones. Palutena and Mii Fighters have unique customs that are just flat out different moves, and they're there from the start and take no time at all to make on the spot on ANYONE'S Wii U. That is why they should be allowed.
As much as we may ultimately agree, I believe your reasoning is flawed.
Nothing should be banned unless it meets the criteria of a ban. Therefore NO custom moves should be banned.

Additionally, it can be argued that Mii does not even use Custom Moves, nowhere does it say in the game they are such (to my current knowledge). Customization:Off does not affect these. Some modes disallow custom moves and yet does not affect the Mii. Therefore to ban custom moves would literally not affect them and does nothing to legally stop me from selecting the Specials I want for my me (in a literal sense, which would probably have someone try to DQ me for doing so even though I'd be completely within the rule's boundaries).

And finally, you don't have to make a case for why these characters/moves should be allowed, if you do this then you are falling for an old trap of switching the burden of proof.
The proponents of a ban/limit are making claim of ban/limit - THEY need to provide reasonable evidence for ban/limit (must met all the criteria: warranted, identifiable, and enforceable)

So with that out of the way, why should they still be banned? You're killing an entire character because the rest of the customs are hard to unlock. The worst part about it is that Mii Brawler could be viable too and fix the Diddy Kong problem.
Another flaw I see that could be reasonably attacked is stating there is a Diddy Kong "problem". What this is essentially doing is trying to push an idea through rhetoric rather than reason. Appealing to another disliked character is not a reason to keep your character from being banned. Again, no bans, limits, or fixing is needed unless criteria is met. And ultimately strengthens their presupposition that "problems" people have with characters need "fixing" instead of just playing the game.

If you guys still have a problem with the Piston Punch, just ban that. Ban that until its proven to not be broken. Just allow Mii Fighters and Palutena to use the rest of their customs. That would be nice. Thanks
"
No :surprised:
Definitely disagree with this as far as competition goes. No move gets banned just because scrubs have a problem with it. By saying this you are taking the first step into a trap. People could now say that even you agree it should be banned (taking what you say out of context as long as it is a partial truth it will be used).

The ONLY argument that a TO has a foothold on is to disallow creation of different Mii due to time constraints and it is demonstable it takes less time to do that then to put in a name and custom controls.

TL;DR:
They can ban or limit a character when they present compelling reason to (whether it's a character I use or not). Until then, the game's authority > scrub authority.
Stronger solution: Just play the game, don't listen to scrubs.

(hope I don't come off to heated over this, but I am getting more and more passionate about this debate as it goes on and decided on fully maining Mii due to this scrubby debacle)

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
(hope I don't come off to heated over this, but I am getting more and more passionate about this debate as it goes on and decided on fully maining Mii due to this scrubby debacle)
I think Jigglymaster's side is the same as yours, but since they look so keen on banning custom characters all together, it's better if we find a midterm. Later on, we'll think about the rest.

I believe Ganondorf, for example, is a completely different character with Wizard Drop Kick, he can ACTUALLY recover from a lot of situations, and that makes him a very dangerous character and not easily gimped.
(I wonder who else has a move that makes a way better recovery possible and very viable... Hmm, got no idea who...)

This means that some characters are actually more balanced when using custom moves. If you're going to voluntarily diminish the pool of competitively viable characters over it... Then I hope the ban gets lifted when every custom move has been unlocked.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The problem is is that its impossible to get everyone to have all customs on their wii u's, so the solution to that would be to use your 3ds, but the counter to that is that not everyone owns a 3ds, what do you do then?

Mii brawler is suffering because all customs are hard to get, so just ban the unlockables only. Banning doesn't always mean they're OP.

Also, customs being set to "OFF" would make Palutena's customs unviable, which they should be allowed too, you have them from the start.

I really wish customs could be allowed in general but the way nintendo screwed everything up with how you unlock them is making it impossible in a comp environment. As for Piston Punch, it kind of is a 1 hit KO on half of the cast, face it, the stream hates it and if the stream hates it and the pros hate it, its not happening. We have to make a compromise.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The problem is is that its impossible to get everyone to have all customs on their wii u's, so the solution to that would be to use your 3ds, but the counter to that is that not everyone owns a 3ds, what do you do then?
Customization: Off

Mii brawler is suffering because all customs are hard to get, so just ban the unlockables only. Banning doesn't always mean they're OP.
I don't see Brawler suffering, I just see haters hatin', nothin new to my veteran eyes.
Or maybe I could see this as a kind of ploy to try to get customization allowed by making it difficult for players of other characters. Maybe there are some in the pro-customization group that feel they don't have a big enough voice so they try to get as many people as they can to outcry about it with them so they get their way.
Maybe not the case, but it's looking like a plausible scenario the more this develops.

Also, customs being set to "OFF" would make Palutena's customs unviable, which they should be allowed too, you have them from the start.
I don't think they should be allowed in an event that doesn't allow Customization On. Just because you don't have to farm for them doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble it causes the TO's who don't want to have to make sure all their systems are ready to go for just one character.

I really wish customs could be allowed in general but the way nintendo screwed everything up with how you unlock them is making it impossible in a comp environment.
I agree, it would have been better if they just had all the customs unlocked from the start and an option to disallow Equipment on it's own in-game.

As for Piston Punch, it kind of is a 1 hit KO on half of the cast, face it, the stream hates it and if the stream hates it and the pros hate it, its not happening. We have to make a compromise.
Do you have a list of the characters it works on and at what % & distance?
Most of the time the OIP screws me over and I DON'T get a KO because of it.
Kind of sad if this is how things work, characters like Meta Knight with Shuttle Loop and Mach Tornado, or Ice Climbers with CG's is OK'd by a couple people but arbitrarily something like this is not. I hope everyone is prepared to have the entire community face the consequences of these decisions if that's how it works. Just an image of one big scrub scene while the rest of the competitive communities exploit everything and lovin' it (ban wavedash next?)

I think Jigglymaster's side is the same as yours, but since they look so keen on banning custom characters all together, it's better if we find a midterm. Later on, we'll think about the rest.
A ban on Custom Characters essentially bans everyone EXCEPT the Mii fighters.

Kind of ridiculous but look at the logic:
A "Custom Character" is a character that has "Custom Moves".
Custom Moves are linked to the Customization setting.
Turning Customization "Off" makes Custom Moves unusable.
Therefore any character that has Custom Moves that are made unusable with Customization toggled "Off" is a "Custom Character" and is banned.

Mii does not get affected by Customization.
Therefore Mii does not have Custom Moves.
Therefore Mii is not a Custom Character.
Therefore Mii is not banned.
All other characters except Mii is banned.

Hahahahahahaha!

I know what you (and everyone else) are thinking when reading that, it is insanity, but I didn't formulate it because I believe it or really any reason other than just making a point of how illogical it translates to. Maybe just good for a laugh, but could feasibly be used to be able to play your Mii in a "custom character ban" tournament by a confounded TO.

This means that some characters are actually more balanced when using custom moves. If you're going to voluntarily diminish the pool of competitively viable characters over it... Then I hope the ban gets lifted when every custom move has been unlocked.
I'm not really in the market of espousing more/less balance postulation because that would just beg one to question why we need "more" balancing, if the "balancing" is desired or not, or if there is some kind of unknown problems that arise of such balancing. I just play the game how it was designed to be able to be played and leave it at that.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Well, what really irks me is that Ganondorf (and, what the heck, Mii Brawler) is able to become a viable character with a decent recovery, but he can't use it because it's a custom move. Therefore, he gets gimped easily -> less people use him in tournaments :\

And of course Miis are custom characters, that's their whole schtick... but you knew that already :p

I really wish customs could be allowed in general but the way nintendo screwed everything up with how you unlock them is making it impossible in a comp environment. As for Piston Punch, it kind of is a 1 hit KO on half of the cast, face it, the stream hates it and if the stream hates it and the pros hate it, its not happening. We have to make a compromise.
That's exactly what I meant by a "midterm".

I'll miss Piston Punch a lot, though :( such a great move on its own...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hey, I thought all those discussing One Inch Punch here would be interested in this guide:
Competitive Philosophy for Super Smash Bros.

It deals a lot with the topics discusses here and develops a foundation for the entire community. I think it would help Mii discussions out a lot as well.

I am currently working on a post regarding Mii in the Competitive boards. I'll provide a link there when I'm done with it.

PS: I don't see how Mii's are reasonably considered "custom characters". I haven't seen anywhere in the game that says this.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
As I said since day one. Customs cause balance issues and it turns out I am right. I wonder how many more stupid **** we will find

All of my future events will have custom moves banned.
Oh wow, a single glitch and suddenly custom moves are the Dark Lord themselves.

Custom moves do not cause balance issues, exploits cause balance issues. There's a difference.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I used to talk with him about stuff and do the Skype meetings, but my house got some deadly mold in it and I ended up pretty much burning everything I owned and moving so I am just now getting things back like a computer and internet connection as well as trying to find my way back through my networking (lost a lot of my contacts, accounts, and passwords).
My plan right now is to advertise my "Competitive Standard" ruleset and try to get it a lot of attention, then when I get a hold of people like Alex point them to that and they'll see how very functioning, reasonable, and respected it is and can draw whatever information from it they want (if any).
I always think the best way to get things done is to do something so impressive people will demand to pay you richly for your work, so I spent a good deal of time working out the foundations of Competitive Philosophy to build my ruleset and arguments for the Mii :^)

Unfortunately, it seems like I can't do anything (logic-wise) for Palutena or Customization in general except to promote a full-blown Customization:On event and let people just play that and enjoy it for what it is (Equipment included and all). I actually came to like it, but wary of it being widely accepted, so I tend to just stay on the Customization: Off side of the argument (for now).

But, yeah, help promote a FAIR ruleset that is COMPETITIVE SOUND - whether it benefits us individually or not, but right now I believe I engineered the strongest one that also happens to help the Mii users quite a lot.

Actually, I think what really should be done is create a thread that consolidates all rulesets that have been formally proposed and ask the viewers to "like" the one they think is the strongest, competitively speaking.
The genius in this idea is that it is a competition of competitive thinking!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I used to talk with him about stuff and do the Skype meetings, but my house got some deadly mold in it and I ended up pretty much burning everything I owned and moving so I am just now getting things back like a computer and internet connection as well as trying to find my way back through my networking (lost a lot of my contacts, accounts, and passwords).
My plan right now is to advertise my "Competitive Standard" ruleset and try to get it a lot of attention, then when I get a hold of people like Alex point them to that and they'll see how very functioning, reasonable, and respected it is and can draw whatever information from it they want (if any).
I always think the best way to get things done is to do something so impressive people will demand to pay you richly for your work, so I spent a good deal of time working out the foundations of Competitive Philosophy to build my ruleset and arguments for the Mii :^)

Unfortunately, it seems like I can't do anything (logic-wise) for Palutena or Customization in general except to promote a full-blown Customization:On event and let people just play that and enjoy it for what it is (Equipment included and all). I actually came to like it, but wary of it being widely accepted, so I tend to just stay on the Customization: Off side of the argument (for now).

But, yeah, help promote a FAIR ruleset that is COMPETITIVE SOUND - whether it benefits us individually or not, but right now I believe I engineered the strongest one that also happens to help the Mii users quite a lot.

Actually, I think what really should be done is create a thread that consolidates all rulesets that have been formally proposed and ask the viewers to "like" the one they think is the strongest, competitively speaking.
The genius in this idea is that it is a competition of competitive thinking!
Yeah, I feel like we should follow the Customization OFF route. Japan currently uses this ruleset I believe and allows Mii fighters to use their customs this way. Mii Brawler is A tier in their tier list, he wouldn't be otherwise.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Somehow it takes Japan to change American standards, and that country seems to follow a similar philosophy to rules I do.
Well, I wanted to promote my Competitive Philosophy guide to help build a strong foundation, but I may have to jump the gun here and make a kind of "marketplace" thread posted in the Competitive Discussion boards and see how it goes.

Essentially I will consolidate all the formally proposed rulesets together in one place and heavily promote the thread so the public is made aware of all rulesets then the strongest ones will emerge and TO's will take notice of them and adopt them (hopefully on a national level like Apex). Maybe by that time I can get in contact with whoever is running Apex this year and point them toward that list.

Do you have a link to the Japanese ruleset you mentioned?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Somehow it takes Japan to change American standards, and that country seems to follow a similar philosophy to rules I do.
Well, I wanted to promote my Competitive Philosophy guide to help build a strong foundation, but I may have to jump the gun here and make a kind of "marketplace" thread posted in the Competitive Discussion boards and see how it goes.

Essentially I will consolidate all the formally proposed rulesets together in one place and heavily promote the thread so the public is made aware of all rulesets then the strongest ones will emerge and TO's will take notice of them and adopt them (hopefully on a national level like Apex). Maybe by that time I can get in contact with whoever is running Apex this year and point them toward that list.

Do you have a link to the Japanese ruleset you mentioned?
Unfortunately I do not have the ruleset, all I know is that they made a new tier list and Mii Brawler is above Rosalina, Fox, Sonic, Lucario, Ness, ect, sitting in A tier.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4B_QTFIQAAtHTu.jpg:large

I think its pretty fair to assume that Mii brawler would not be that high with default. Also, I've heard from others in the competitive character impressions thread that Mii fighters are allowed to use their customs in tournament.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
If their only rule is that customs have to be off, then yeah, Mii Brawler can be used no problem, even with movesets other than 1111.

Kinda unfair to Palutena mains, though :\ I wish there was a way to just unlock everything for TOs... Nintendo won't do it, but I wish they did...

T0MMY

Smash Master
If their only rule is that customs have to be off, then yeah, Mii Brawler can be used no problem, even with movesets other than 1111.

Kinda unfair to Palutena mains, though :\ I wish there was a way to just unlock everything for TOs... Nintendo won't do it, but I wish they did...
No, there should not (competitively) be a "1111 rule" enforced at any competitive tournament - A ban/limit must meet specific criteria to be enforced competitively, if it is not met then it is a casual tournament competition-seeking players should avoid.

It is not unfair to Palutena since Mii do not get "Custom" moves, they are user-defined specials. What would be unfair is banning/limiting a character unfairly (no rules limiting Palutena or any other character should be enforced in any competitive tournament).

It may seem unfair to a Palutena player who sees "potentially better" as "fair", but that is not the case when TO's should candidly be deciding how their competitive tournament is run (based on competitive principles and plain ol' reasoning).

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
So, old returning member to these boards, I was looking up this skill and was testing it out vs the computers.

The One Inch Punch can NOT kill if its DI'ed properly unless its used in a very high up spot.

Level 9 cpus (Heck, lvl 2 CPUs sometimes) would constantly fall for the d throw to piston punch combo, and unless they were on the top platform of battlefield, they DI'ed/VI'ed for the corners and survived. And since the knockback is set and doesn't scale, it will do the same knockback at 0% as it does at 999% Sure Jiggs/G$W/Pika/Rosalina died anyway, but then that was on the top platform of battlefield, they'd live on FD or any omega stages.

Does the move need to change? Yes, very much so, but its not an instant KO if you DI/VI correctly, just wanted to clean up this misconception.

Though I'm not sure if it works with Rage or not. It shouldn't since its set knockback, but it might.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo the competitive rules, at least until there's a way to unlock all customs or the games been out long enough that customs are commonplace, should just be customs off. And with customs off, you can still play as Mii's with any special loadout. So basically Mii's get customs and are legal. Imo of course.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Piston punch was the go to option in the early days of the brawler but now I feel its easily outclassed by helicopter kick, helicopter kick chains way better out of the brawlers comboes, but is a more reliable kill move overall, piston punch is probably better for the super light MU's but I think helicopter kick is better against all the other weights.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
From the few times I've played with Peach, I've always suspected that upB. Seems a lot harder to pull off, though.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Hey guys I usually play with the gamecube controller/3ds at my friends house but one day we had extra guests so I had to stick with the nutty wii remote. I can hardly play any character with it so I decided to play random characters and start "trolling" by spamming moves. (Flare blitz, Phantasm etc) But when I got to Mii Brawler I used the Down-throw > Piston punch combo and obliterated everyone because somehow I managed to One-inch punch consistently not missing a single one. Jigglypuff, Peach, and GameNWatch were all banished to the shadow realm. Was I just lucky? New Wiimote strats?
*I noticed that I got it every time my friends DI'ed away from D-throw*

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hey guys I usually play with the gamecube controller/3ds at my friends house but one day we had extra guests so I had to stick with the nutty wii remote. I can hardly play any character with it so I decided to play random characters and start "trolling" by spamming moves. (Flare blitz, Phantasm etc) But when I got to Mii Brawler I used the Down-throw > Piston punch combo and obliterated everyone because somehow I managed to One-inch punch consistently not missing a single one. Jigglypuff, Peach, and GameNWatch were all banished to the shadow realm. Was I just lucky? New Wiimote strats?
*I noticed that I got it every time my friends DI'ed away from D-throw*

Nope thats pretty normal sounding to me, D-throw combos in to Piston Punch, and light characters like the ones you listed are definitely the most subjected to it's power.

Top Bottom