• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old People Discussion

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Old people are some of the greatest individuals in our society.

Old people are filled with wisdom, great stories, jokes and presents!

Let's look back on a few great old people!

Ronald Reagan

Colonel Sanders

Someday we can be great old people too!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I hope to die at sixty, so I'll never have to live the crippled, needy life of an elderly man.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I hope to die at sixty, so I'll never have to live the crippled, needy life of an elderly man.
Agreed...

Being in a town filled with rich and snobby old people, I cannot sympathize with the majority of anyone over, say, 55.
There are a few very cool old people that I know (grandpa, neighbor, great grandma, etc.) and enjoy being around, but it's still a very low number. If I were to grow old, I'd definitely be acting half my age.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
People after a certain age freak me out.

Honestly, I think I hate old people, I will either die before I hit 70 in some type of fiery accident, or find the fountain of youth.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What everybody else has been saying, I can't imagine being a old-man with a walker or any of that junk, I rather die young/get very lucky not to feel as old as I am...maybe excercising and eating right and all that other stuff really helps.

Overload

Smash Lord
the fountain of youth is located within the melee boards, guarded by captain falcon

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think the main reason a lot of people are wigged out by old people (myself included), is because when you look at them, you're basically looking at a failing human body.

When you get to the age when you can't remember the names of close family members, lose control over when you "go", and get winded having conversations with people, that's your body telling you it's done.

Now, the stage prior to that is cool. You get silver hair and you can walk around with a badass cane and tell the young folk all about how much better or worse things were back in "your day" (think I've already started doing that).

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I find the elderly quite fascinating, because they have memories of the past that we don't. I love a good story and that's what old people are full of. I wouldn't mind being old myself. I'd just have to try real hard to keep from depending on my kids and going senial. I can't imagine how that would feel.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Same, as long as I'm in ok shape then I'm fine with it. Sandy round the corner is 95, he was born in 1912, the same year the Titanic sank.

It's weird to think that he was 60 years old in the 70's.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
forever youngggg
i want to be forever young
do you really wanna live forever?

Marty

Smash Apprentice
Young people are terrible, so by comparison old people are pretty fantastic!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
you people are crazy

i want to live as long as possible
Me too, as long as I am healthy. Many people look at older people and think that there's no such thing as a really healthy old person, but there are actually a good number of 70/80/90+ year olds whose bodies and minds work just fine, relatively speaking.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
As long as I'm in good health and can still move around, I'm cool with the thought of being however years old.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I hope to get my brain transplanted into a clone of Mario's body as soon as possible.

We'll get the technology in a few decades or so, I'm sure. Probably right after that, we'll develop commercially available non-oil dependent cars.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I hope to get my brain transplanted into a clone of Mario's body as soon as possible.

We'll get the technology in a few decades or so, I'm sure. Probably right after that, we'll develop commercially available non-oil dependent cars.
How could you clone Mario?
Oh, hey, i saw a show about how oil companies and such buy out the work of people that come up with stuff like that and extremely efficient engine parts.

Anyway, I have no problem with getting old, having grandkids, becoming that old guy who is always fishing.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The amount of ageism in the first page, was despicable. Though I do understand some old people being ***** and using their age as a means to get the respect they probably didn't even deserve.

But really, why would you want to die young? Especially since dying young is usually brutal anyway.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
But, hey, are there an old people here that play Super Smash?
My mother has casually played Brawl with me a couple times. She's thirty-seven.
And there's a guy that works at our local PlayNTrade, he goes to tournaments and he's, like, fifty. I think he actually has an AiB account, although I can't recall the SN...

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I wonder what characters old people would use, probably Ganondorf with the grey hair skin(I call him Granpadorf), maybe white haired Zelda for grandma.
I have a picture of my grandpa on the Wii somewhere, he was playing Medal of Honor Heroes two and stuff on my Wii...we never really went for Wii sports.

Top Bottom