• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OKCupid Experiment day-1

Purple

Hi guys!
I want to start off by showcasing my opinion on dating interracially. Just because i'm black, doesn't mean that i think i'm perfectly allowed to date whites. I know for a fact alot of white people aren't okay with it. Which is fine and dandy. If white girls don't want to date blacks, they shouldn't have to.

However if they don't want to, why don't they say that? It's not racist, it's just a preference.

Just as if you dont' like guys with tattoos, you post that you don't want a relationship with that person, why ignore something that you truthfully know about someone?

It's not racist, and people shouldn't say it is. It's just something that you have a natural attraction to, and there's nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.

However i go on with saying that your natural preferences shoudl be public to result in better dating.

Online dating sucks anyways.

On with the experiement
Black/White mix

White Boy
White female – 4/5
Black female – 1/1

Black boy
White female – 1/5
Black female – 0/1

Starting on Monday 10/12/2009, I’ve started an experiment on OKCupid, a dating website based towards the younger group of 18-26.
When I first got on the website, I got minimal responses, and very minimal messages done impulsively. I’m not saying I’m an attractive males that deserves replies, however it’s very small for the amount that’s online. I message people when they’re online, so because of that, they should see those messages and respond correct? Especially if the website itself matches people based off of their similar interest.
Wrong.
I don’t think it’s my personality, because as far as I’m concerned I’m a pretty average person who likes to talk, why wouldn’t girls want to talk to someone.
It’s my race.
The experiment is simple; I copy/paste my information from my current profile into a fake profile, made with a white person instead of a black one, the person being a friend of mine (Drake Greer). So a sense, it’s the same basic person, however the only difference is obvious, one’s black, one’s white.
Considering I asked all the questions for the match maker honestly, the same people should show up, some of them however, I’ll have to copy and paste profiles to get the messaging to begin.

The experiment will begin like this.
I’m sending messages to multiple people

Day 1:
I’m writing a lot of questions trying to get to 50, once I get there I’ll be at the same point that I’m at with.
I don’t even get a chance to finish before someone messages me and talks to me about their day. A white female, after a few minutes of discussion, she wants me to watch one of her free webcam shows. This is where I draw the line, fearing to corrupt my computer. However I guess since it’s real chat I’ll consider it a person.
White female number 2, name not being ousted of course, I messaged a person originally on my account and never got a response, our percentage was around 68 percent, I did the same with the “white boy” account, (I ****ed up the test apparently because the results showed 56 or so percent). Regardless, I got a response. This was pretty early in the day on top of that. I’ve sent (name removed) messages on two different websites, OKC, and FC, FC is only relevant because it shows that’s she’s online consistently. The irony is, she said she no longer uses OKC, (or hasn’t used it in forever, either way, she continued not to respond to the black boy account). I got what I needed out of her statistically, and while having a few phrases of conversation here and there, didn’t make it anything personal or emotionally bonding, and moved on.
______
I’ve come into contact with another girl (name taken out). The match was 95% on black boy, 76% on white boy (I really messed up the test apparently). My message was not at all as long or interested as it was on the black boy post. Note that the girl is two years older than both profiles show. Apparently age isn’t even a factor either, only race.

Day 1 –night time-
White Boy
White female – 6/7
Black female – 2/2

Black boy
White female – 2/7
Black female – 0/2
The results are becoming **** near obvious now, I’m getting absolutely no responses from the black boy account, and almost all respond eventually to the white boy account. I began to ask them for a game of “20 questions”. The lot of them I asked questions like “ how do you feel about equality towards ethnicity, physically, etc.”. Or “would you mind having friends of another race.” Etc. All of them answered yes to these racial based questions. Meaning that they would be okay with blacks, I however did not ask if a black person was to message them, would they respond, this would be way to much crossing the line.

End of Day 1

All I found is this from the project today, many women showed immense interest in the white male other than the black male. In fact, they all could potentially be good friends if I went deeper into conversation and interest. However, not to harm the women (because I felt bad enough for doing this in the first place) I decided to let this end here.
I couldn’t see myself messaging these people anymore with a fake persona, so I deleted the account and ended the project, holding the information in this document. These girls ranged from black punk, black prep, preppy white girls, punk rock girls, girls who are free-spirited, down right strict, etc. The white man got responses from all of them. Black man, barely any at all. I leave the experiment here saying that the statistics are definitely true, white men get the most responses, while black men do not. That was really just for humor on my day off, but it really taught myself as a black person a lot. Anyway it’s 11:56pm, I’ll be flooded with “you have no life” “you’re racist” “wall of text” “why’d you do this” type of messages eventually.

Cheers all.

ending results amongst 10 women

White Boy
White female – 7/8
Black female – 2/2
9 women out of ten

Black boy
White female – 2/8
Black female – 0/2
10 women out of ten

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Personally, I like white girls over black girls. Even if the black girl has the finest body, I just won't find her attractive. I don't really know why.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I attract every single race possible.

An black women have a nak for diggin me xD.

White girls are triflin hoes.

And hispanics fall in love way too fast.

Purple

Hi guys!
Did you consider that you could have unknowingly corrupted the results in order to prove your hypothesis correct? The only way you could have done the experiment correctly was if you were talking to the other people and you didn't know which profile you were communicating under. This is what's called a "double-blind" study. If you're going to do a scientific "experiment", please make sure your process has scientific rigor.
i couldn't say the same thing verbatim, it would cause suspicion. I said the same basic subject, i looked at your profile, you seem nice and i think we could be a good friendship, let's talk.

I'm pretty certain it's clear what they're preference is.

By the way, one of the girls began to text the white boy account, i asked her would she date a black person, she said yes "note she didn't talk to the black account". So i told her i was black and that i was an account she didn't respond to. She didn't respond, and turned around and called me an ******* and said don't talk to her ever again.

Top Bottom