• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official WV Thread! (***NEWS AND ADDITIONS as of 2/29***)

Banee

Smash Cadet
Could you link the thread here? I dont feel like digging for it, heh.

But i'm talking to my friends right now, it looks like we have 3 so far and we should be able to bring a tv and 2 wii's. I have a few more friends to talk to about it.

Banee

Smash Cadet
Oops my mistake. I thought this was a brawl tourny (based on the mentioning of Wii's). After reading the thread I noticed it wasnt, my bad.

Banee

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry for the confusion, yeah we wont be going. We dont really play Melee except on a really casual level.

TheTex

Smash Rookie
sup guys, 1st post from Motown and a pretty avid ssb gamer. I'd come but i'm going back after this week for x-mas so maybe another time, never been to a life tourney so i'd be interested in the future :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I'm going to try to hold one every month starting with this one. so, if you feel like playing some melee, just keep your eyes open for me.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Anything interesting going on with the WV smash scene? It's looking pretty derelict right about now.

Banee

Smash Cadet
Anything interesting going on with the WV smash scene? It's looking pretty derelict right about now.
Yeah, it seems the Smash scene around here is pretty much non-existent. Although, based on what i've seen on this forum, there seems to be a decent amount of people interested in a brawl tournament. We just need someone with access to a place to have it to set one up. I would, but unfortunately I dont live in a particularly good area for it and also I dont really have access to a large enough place to hold one in.

Although, as i've said quite a few times in this thread, if anyone is interested in starting up a brawl scene I have a number of people that would be willing to travel to just about anywhere in the state and we can bring wii's and tv's. It seems there are others as well, based on the number of 'oops this is a melee tournament?" responses to coreygames thread.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
This post is about 3 years late, but meh, I'm a WV native :). would definitely be interested in brawl tourneys if anyone can get a place to get one set up, also have a friend that I play brawl with regularly who would also probably be interested. *we get tired of beating up on each other and no one else lol* If you guys find anything or start up a tourney of any kind definitely let me know! (can also supply 2 wii's and possibly a tv if needed for anything*

not_corey

Smash Cadet
So yeah, I know the scene around here is pretty dead, but two of my friends and I plan on going to a couple of tournaments this summer. And we would love to play anyone who wants to play any of us. So if you are are from the Charleston/Huntington areas just send me a PM so we can set up a match.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Anything going on with the WV scene? I'm thinking about getting a big tournament rolling up at WVU if anyone's interested.

AwesomeEevee

Smash Rookie
Melee.

I have absolutely no tournament experience, but I've been prowling around Smashwiki and this board for a while trying to pick some things up.

spedgod

Smash Rookie
Who here is at WVU? I'm an RA at one of the freshman dorms and me and a friend are looking to start going to Pittsburg to start with some tourney action.

Anyone willing to just meet up to find the Mountaineer Brawlers?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Do you guys play any melee by any chance? We're got some people who are pretty good at brawl, but we rarely play it. We mostly play melee.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The players in Charlestown and Martinsburg should come to our tournaments in hagerstown since we are only like 45 minutes away.

Also WV as a whole needs to get more tournaments going.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if there are even any players in the Charlestown/Martinsburg areas, but in any case there definitely needs to be some more action in WV. We've got some good melee players up here at WVU, and I'm going to try and get a tournament going once we figure out a means of recording matches. So I'm just checking here to see if anyone's around that area.

Anyone here go to WVU that plays melee? That would be a good start.

spedgod

Smash Rookie
Ah, we both play Brawl. And I've been playing some people here at Towers, but there isn't anyone "good".

Krazy, I sent you a message. You want to meet up sometime and possibly play? We both live on campus.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
WVT 2 Coming this december (melee tournament) Bunch of people confirmed so far -- not sure if it'll be in charleston/morgantown just yet. Watch out for it.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
XD not a chance. Wait until you see the vids for this tournament, i'm calling it'll be solid.

Btw are you rolling up here sometime?

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Nah wheezy my winter break's only 2 weeks D:

I'm considering going for my spring break or something. I might head over to WVU with Ben. But yeah you guys should stay on your toes because I'm just way to good now.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, update on WVT 2. Turns out it probably isn't going to be happening over the break (people too far spread out), plus I should be getting some better recording software soon, so I'm thinking it'll happen shortly after coming back from break (probably not the next weekend as it's Pound 4, but maybe the weekend or so after.) So far we've got like 6 people from my crew attending, a few out-of-staters from Ohio (3-4) and like 7-10 people from around WVU that we play with. It'll probably be hosted by WVU, so expect to see a lot more people from that area show up as well. The competition has been getting pretty high up here, so it'll be a pretty intense tournament. I'll be recording Winners/Losers Finals, Grand Finals, and perhaps a few money matches or whatever. Let me know what's good for anyone.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok with the WV scene in its decrepit, desolate state, I'm attending Pound 4 so at least we're getting some representation there. Then with the WVT 2 coming up like within a month after that, we're getting the scene here rolling. Now we just need some posters on smashboards <_<, we have a solid scene up at WVU...

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright nubs, I'm back. WVU scene is starting to expand, and I'll be getting some vids up real soon. Hopefully we'll be hosting a tournament in the near future. Anyone interested in attending?

MrGxlden

Smash Rookie
Anyone from this post still exist? I've been playing smash since 64 and looking to practice with anyone in the state for future competitions. I can play melee and smash 4 pretty well hit me up if anyone is interested

Top Bottom