• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Vectorman for Brawl Thread

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's right... Vectorman. He's been mentioned all over the place, but he still doesn't have a thread of his own. So, here we go:

Who is Vectorman? He's from an old game and its sequel, Vectorman and Vectorman 2, both owned by Sega. It is widely remembered as an excellent game. In it, Vectorman, an orbot (robot) in post-apocolyptical Earth goes against hordes of brainwashed Orbots to restore peace to the world. The gameplay is simply side-scrolling, and Vectorman's claim to fame is, if he repeatedly shoots a TV (which appear all over the place), he gets a temporary upgrade, be it machine gun, ray gun, or even a different form - he can turn into many things, including a bomb. He even has a kind of jet pack thing that gives him a second jump in his games.

Why Vectorman? Because he's awesome, he's retro, and he's owned by Sega, who are on good terms with Sakurai. Though Sonic would definitely be the first Sega character to join the Brawl, Vectorman still has a better chance than some of the other characters suggested around here. He'd have an amazing ranged moveset, along with a few transformations for his A attacks, and just be awesome to see in all his 3D glory.

Vectorman for SSBB!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Support right here. I loved Vectorman. And he'd also have a possibility for a cool moveset. ESPECIALLY if they use a modified version of the vector graphics they used to create him.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Only if dynamite headdy,Boogerman, and polterguy (from The Haunting Starring Polterguy) get in jk. Dynamite headdy FTW :laugh:

I say no. I like vector man... but I don't think he has been on a nintendo console...

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
He was in Sonic Gems Collection, which was released for Gamecube. That's close enough.
Umm... IDK about that, yes he appeared on a nintendo system, but on a sonic collection
game? that is very effy... and it was probaly something you had to unlock to...

I still say no, even though he appeared in sonic gems collection, I don't think that is enough...
But I guess that is just me...

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I really highly dout it I think out of any one a fire eblem character would have more of chance then him.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'd love it if he were in (Vectorman vs Samus would be cool, plus Megaman if he's in), though there are others that need to be in over him, plus they'd need more SEGA characters so he wouldn't be lonely.
They should make a Nintendo vs SEGA game, or at least a SEGA All-Stars.

agent_918

Smash Cadet
I've been playing that game for a few days now after I broke out my Genesis. I think he'd be perfect, since he could turn into a grenade, missile, and drill.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing that game for a few days now after I broke out my Genesis. I think he'd be perfect, since he could turn into a grenade, missile, and drill.
As an oddball 3rd party retro char he would make a good char come to think of it, actually I think I like him better then Rayman, although I think Rayman has a better chance, although both are rather slim.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The Vectorman thread lives! Looks like there's quite a bit of Vectorman support around here; that's all to the good. As agent_918 has said, he'd fit in perfectly, what with his multiple forms. Pretty much the only point against him is his 3rd party-ness, but eh.

Vectorman for Brawl!

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Nah. . . Only Nintendo gets retro characters. All the third party entries will be characters that are still popular.

Braderick

Smash Rookie
Yes! I love seeing other gamers who don't just live in the present! I've been thinking about Vectorman myself for SSBB and he would truly be perfect( especially if he really did appear on a Nintendo system). I love the old genesis character for their uniqueness. Earthworm Jim and Vectorman FTW!

agent_918

Smash Cadet
He has some chances of getting in, because he would have a very original moveset. The original game (which was leagues better then the second) was just released on the VC. But, his chances are slim, because I don't think his game being re-released on the VC or in Sonic Gems Collection will count as a Nintendo system. His PS2 game was also cancelled.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
dude I know a great moveset for him.
UpB is his jet booster
DownB could be his Drill Upgrade
B be his shooting
his FInal Smash could be the bomb.....

really easy to make a moveset for a dynamic character like him

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Ah, vectorman, one of my childhood memories. I fully support just about any Genesis characters, and there are only three I'd like to see added to the list of SSBB (not including Sonic 'cause he's already there). I'd like to see Vectorman, Ristar, and Sparkster. Retro Sega = Awesomeness. Even assist trophies would be nice...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I didn't even know that there is a Vectorman Support Thread. He's like Sukapon on steroids! :laugh:

*support*

Top Bottom