• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina "Open Doors"Thread (NC can look to. ;_;)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey guys, as we all know in South Carolina, finding places to hold smash fests in general can be very difficult to come by. I had a bit of an idea to help solve this for the time being, just bear with me as it is a bit liberal, haha.

The Idea- This is a thread where you post if you're willing to open your home to any SC smasher looking for smash. Now I don't mean that they just randomly come over whenever, I mean that if your home is "Open" for SC smash, that you are more than willing to host a certain number of people at your house to play. All you would do is post and say you'd be willing to do it, and make sure to list any specific things you'd like us to do or to follow before coming over. Here, I'll use an example post (and a real one as well).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey guys, I don't mind if people want to come over to my house sometime to play smash. I'm in Greer SC so if you want to get together sometime just PM me and we'll set something up for sure. A couple rules though, if you don't mind.
1. Bring your own controller
2. Don't smoke in the house.
3. You can drink but don't drink before you go home. No drunk driving.
4. I don't do overnight smash unless I get to know you better/if it's a big event.
5. Cursing is fine, just don't over do it if my dad is home. Good impressions FTW.
6. I'll provide snacks. :D"
7. In the event that I host a smash party at my house with two or more people, I can only have a maximum of 12 smashers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I POSTED THESE RULES BECAUSE IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME HERE THEY ARE. Everyone else can just discuss rules and such through PM. Since I'm the OP I figured everyone would see the post so they would know by default what I expected.)

Then what I would do is I would add myself to the list of people who don't mind having total strangers over to their house for smash on the Open Doors list.

Why This Would Benefit Us- The SC Scene would know each other better, and as a result would become stronger together as well.

Procedure For Properly Using This List

So, you wanna play some Smash but you have NOWHERES to go? Well not anymore, anybody who's on this list is more than willing to open their doors to you for smash. Here are the proper steps.

1. The best way to use this list is to prearrange something in advance rather than just find someone and go 'IMMA BE AT YO HOUSE IN AN HOUR BUB". Select someone on the list whom you want to smash with.
2. Private message them and just arrange it out, you know? Say who you are, and ask the Host what times are good for him, and come to terms on a date and time.
3.Exchange numbers/Addresses and get to know each other better.

So let's do it guys, the more people who are willing to get on the list, the better! :)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
The Open Doors List

1. Smasher-Kidd
County-Greer
Rules- 1. Bring Your Own Controller
2. Don't Smoke inside the house
3. Don't Drink before you go home
4. I'll have snacks but please feed yourself
5. I prefer to not do overnight smash before I get to know someone better.
6. My parents are a bit strict on cursing, so if they are around please hold your toungue ( don't worry though I curse lol).

Melee/Brawl

2. Smasher-Ryanarius
County-Clemson
Brawl only

3. Smasher- Khai (ImpactAR)
County-Clemson
Brawl only

4. Smasher- Dr.PP
County- Shelby, NC
Melee and Brawl

5. Smasher- LoZR
County- Rocky Mount, NC
Melee and Brawl

6. AiB only Smasher-DanielReece
County- Irmo, SC
Brawl
(Contact Kidd to get in contact w/ me)

7. Smasher-TRC
County- Columbia, SC
Melee Only

8. AiB Smasher- BRIGHT
County- Charleston, SC
Brawl

AiB- AllisBrawl. I have a duplicate thread of this on that website, so just taking some names there and putting it here.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Yeah man, if you`re willing to open your doors to strangers that smash then by all means post. :]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll edit this when I do ok? I'll talk it over with my parents first, but I hope that they let me. It may just be the fact that they are strangers that could be a problem. Either way, we gotta smash soon bro!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Well I mean you can say they are new friends you've made that look forward to brawling you. Also feel free to post any rules that we must follow in your house.
And yeah we really do gotta play soon! :3

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Me and khai (I assume) are always happy to have smashers over. I can host pretty much any day just hit me up on aim ahead of time. We generally have a few people from the area over to smash on fridays.

I'm in a dorm and he's in an apartment so the rules/capacity would vary.

Basically if your in the clemson area and want to smash hit one of us up.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
NC here!

State- NC
City-Shelby(pretty close to SC, cross the border!)

PM me if you wanna smash so everyone on the boards doesn't have my info lol.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I have been without internet access for quite a long time.

I only play Melee, cause y'know I'm a man and all that, so don't bother messaging me over brawl.

AIM : Rage of Kira (no my name is not Death Note related *******S -_-)

I need money, someone come down and money match me in Melee
(preferebly someone who is from SC lol)

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Dude Mike, me and N@sh are always willing to hold some stuff in Columbia at our dorm. Or if people show up on Thurs. from 7PM to 11PM we hold a Brawl night with like 10 people here just about every week. Just pm either of us if you want in on that.

Rules for dorm:
We can have 10 people(including ourselves) at a time. Everyone must stay in the room tho.
We won't have much on the way of food, bring your own.
Cussing is fine and so is trash talk but keep it orderly.
No rough housing.
Give us a few days notice so we can get all school work handled.
No overnight stays unless we personally know you(our room is only capable of a max of 5 sleeping room.
Oh and btw, our room is a metaknight free zone(jk, but keep it civil).

BTW Kidd/Mike, this is Luke.

Top Bottom