• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Australia Smash Thread

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Welcome to the Official South Australia Smash Thread

I'm your host, Blackshadow69, and the purpose of this thread is to round up all you SA goers out there and maybe organise a tourny or two.

My inspiration came from the fact that I am prolly the best player in my area (only 3 other people play Smash that I know of) and I can't travel far ( commitments).

So I want to find other players. Let's try and organise a tourny or even just a friendly smash fest, and if you live in Mount Gambier then by all means PM me or post here so we can organise something (I'm sure you would understand why).

And with that, SA PLAYERS UNITE!

NG7

Smash Lord
Wowee! SA smashers eh?

Don't seem to be many of you around haha. I'm from QLD.

Good luck to you sir.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
We at LPC have been running SSBM Tournamnets in SA for over 2 years now and a re now doing the South Australian State rankings so if you can make it down to Adelaide you definatly shoule coz we have some Elite smashers here that know all the advanced techniques etc.

Here is a some past vids of a couple of our best players:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xhj3E7tHaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxAisdQu6U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOyzS7mf_OU

www.streetgeek.com.au for Adelaide SSBM Tournaments
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sasmashbros
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/187492714633098/

Last edited:

Omojica

Smash Cadet
yeh come to lpc

thats where all the good smash players go....but there are still heaps of newbie people that enter...but they're getting better =)

if you do come, look for me , the fox player whos owning everyone,...and ask for a game =D

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
If you can make it down to one of our events do it. We want as many South Australians to come to at least one event and see how they stack up to probly the best bunch of players in SA.

We also want every good player included in the state rankings.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I wonder how many of you guys are coming over for Comrades... hopefully alot *shakes fist* Lol.
I wish I could but im too busy with work, life etc atm.
Hope a couple of SA smashers go and do us proud.

LPC is goin great and the SA state rankings have been posted and will be continually updated after each event (non lpc sa comps included).

Nikolai1983

Smash Rookie
Hey, how's it goin. I'm from Adelaide. I only just found out that people hold tournaments in Aus so i'm keen to get into one if you're organising - So are a few mates of mine. So yeah.

DeusExMachina

Smash Rookie
If getting to reloaded will be a hassle for you, I'd suggest not making the decision of whether or not to come until the rules have been announced. There is a slight chance, that they will be completely ****ed up, like AvCon.

Zath

Smash Rookie
Ooh, we're actually using this thread instead of the lpc forum?

From what I've heard the person who ran the AvCon tourny really doesn't want to be involved in the reloaded one, which is good. And there is a chance that Jamage will run it.... with Oli's help no doubt :p

[/lurking] ?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
If getting to reloaded will be a hassle for you, I'd suggest not making the decision of whether or not to come until the rules have been announced. There is a slight chance, that they will be completely ****ed up, like AvCon.

Ive spoken to Wookie and a person from avcon and I can confirm the rules will definatly be tournament style like at LPC and not the rules used at Avcon.

Zath

Smash Rookie
Haha.. wouldn't if have been fun playing 4 person ffa's, and 3 min 3 stock matches to win a few hundred dollars? :p

Now we need to know the exact rules, and how they're gonna deal with the hordes of people.. i don't even want to know how long a 128+ person double elimination would take. (though half the games would be quick, as one person would easily 4 stock the other.....)

Anyways.... *goes and l2p*

Zath

Smash Rookie
. . . .

more than the _real_ smash community.

Lots of randoms will enter the tourny, just for the sake of entering, hence the comment abotu 4 stocking people.

AvCon has had 130-ish people tournaments 2 years in a row now.. with, atmost, about 5 decent players

Zath

Smash Rookie
That's what I've suggested on the reloaded forum, but won't know for sure till we actually get the rules. and naturally we can all whine if we don't like them.

I'm just not very trusting of the avcon people, who are organising the tourny >_>
(although, hopefully they'll decide to let Jamage be part of it, then me and Oli (omojica) actually have some say in what happens.... mainly oli though...)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Im 98% sure the rules will be fine but if they arnt us LPC guys can run a sepertate "elite comp" for all the hardcore smashers but I really doubt itll have to come to that.

1v1 and 2v2 SSBM has been confirmed.
SSBB comp is up in the air

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Hey hey, I live just outside the city and I'm always up for a friendly smash-fest. If anything's going count me in.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing brawl at the Adelaide Uni open week. Theres a tournament tomorrow but I cant go because I have training at that time unfortunately.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Yeah I cant go either coz of work but LPC should be bigger, better and have tournament rules (which I dont think they do)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Omg! Everyone in Adelaide needs to go to Marion right now! Go to gametraders there! They are selling the American Brawl and Wii Freeloader bundle for $130! Tell them Desert Eagle sent you and you will get a discount! (But not really...)

Anyways, I ordered mine today because they were sold out. They're getting more tomorrow. ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be over on the 26th and the 27th of July for AVCon with the Couch Warriors Committee, what's the deal with Smash?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Hopefully it will have 2 comps, 1 for the proe ie: 1v1, 4 stock, official rules and another for the noobs: 4 player FFA, items etc.
More talks need to be had on this subject.

Next Streetgeek is June 13 and 14
www.streetgeek.com.au

Top Bottom