• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Project64k Thread

spicyitalian1

Smash Cadet
plug a controller into the second port if its a multiadapter
It's a psx and n64 adapter by "sumoto".......one port for each

are there any plug-ins or things to download to help this? I have the new n-rage thing

when I go to assign the n64 slots into the computer, it just quickly assigns me a random slot...well not random but usually it rotates between 2 slots. Again I got this controller new and the adapter (from ebay), but I pulled it right out of the packaging. I once got it to the right slots but then when I played the game it went crazy. I've seen a good deal of posts about this topic so I just want to know how to fix it.... :)

craiigg

Smash Lord
yeah alot of multi adapters are known to do this

if u have a spare PSX controller, plug it in while u have the n64 in. that apparently stops the crazy stuff

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I'm having serious trouble with the lag on the PJ64K client recently.

Every other application is gone and other computers are not using the internet. It might be my ISP, but that's unlikely as it was fine a while ago. Spyware shouldn't be a problem, but whatever."

Anytips? =D

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Is online play possible with dial up? Or am i forced to find another dial up user or something?

craiigg

Smash Lord
Wired to a router (2Wire). DSL connection.

I use Windows XP. 4 gig ram, quad core, I think 8500gt for video card if that's important.

considering youre wired, on XP AND have nice specs ill narrow it to about 3 things

Router/Firewall/Ports arent open. Do you use a router? Not the one your ISP gave you though

Other people using your connection/torrents etc

Spyware/Malware Infection

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Ports are open, but not forwarded. I've thought about forwarding them but don't know. I've read that they use a very wide range so x__x

And no, only the one the ISP gave me.

Skrlx

Smash Champion

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I know how to forward a specific port for p2p, but not for the client; I don't know which ports the client uses nor do I know how to have kailera use a specific port.
default port is 27888

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Now I remember I played p2p with some people who had weird port numbers and told me that they were forwarded by default in connections... anyone knows anything about it?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Now I remember I played p2p with some people who had weird port numbers and told me that they were forwarded by default in connections... anyone knows anything about it?
lol i've seen those xx.xxx.xx.xxx:87928
weird port numbers but they were ea
either forwarded or default ports i guess

Superstar

Smash Champion
spicy...I dunno, I'd have to upload it, link you. I feel lazy. If myztek's guide [Official INdex] is back up you can find a link there.

What KIND of quad core? PJ64k and Mupen are single threaded so clock speed matters much more than number of CPUs. You could have 1.85Ghz with 15 core, your computer may be fast but PJ64k will lag.

I myself am using a 3Ghz dual core CPU, which is better than 2.2Ghz Quad Core depending on the tasks. And cheaper too. Most games only use 2 cores at MOST.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
2.3 ghz.

Surri said something about pjk p2p client lagging on him in another thread, so I'm going to try to get the regular one and just rename then when I see fit.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
ok soooo.....

I have project64k with SSB.....BUT...my project64k online is laggy. How do I fix this???
You must have some issue with your internet connection, or some program or thing on the PC that uses the connection for something else that you don't know about (like an ad-ware or similar)

Lieu

Smash Rookie
Ok, this has been driving me crazy. How do you make a game lobby that's more than 2 player slots? Can barely find a shred on this subject anywhere. I've seen 16 slotters on the usual ssb (U) [!] rom but the max users box is empty when creating a lobby. I'm using Project 64k 0.13 like everyone else of course.

Or is the standard 1v1 the only one physically possible?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
That link you have doesn't work for me. It forces me to sign up to filesavr and it costs money (rawr!). Could you possibly upload project64k to megaupload, rapidshare, or something like those?

sharksquail

Smash Ace
my regular version of project64 runs at the same speed or just under console, but my version of project64k runs really slow (gets really slow then it might speed up and get slow again). also i'm not playing online with it now. is this normal? also the hand doesn't show up when i try to select my character.

Seala

Smash Apprentice
my regular version of project64 runs at the same speed or just under console, but my version of project64k runs really slow (gets really slow then it might speed up and get slow again). also i'm not playing online with it now. is this normal? also the hand doesn't show up when i try to select my character.
The hand sometimes doesn't show up if you use a bad video plugin. No, the emulator is not suppose to run slow, it's supposed to run at 60 fps all the time, just like on console. There might be something wrong with your plugins or you could just try reinstalling it.

Edit: If everything works fine on your pj64 then you could try copying over the plugins you use there to your pj64k.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'll be uploading my famous pj64k folder tonight on a filehosting website
something to look forward to ;)

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just so you know, you can't post links to emulators or roms on the forum.

It'd be pretty easy to find one with a search on Google, and pretty easy to configure it for Vista with another.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
emulators are completely legal

roms aren't

and i'm not posting roms

Mikhas

Smash Apprentice
No, neither are fine, unfortunately =/
Downloading the BIOS is illegal, but the emulator itself isn't. That's why PSX/PS2/Dreamcast/etc. emulator sites don't host the BIOS files. This is why they don't get cease and desist notices from Sony. The N64 doesn't have a BIOS, so it's cool.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
No, neither are fine, unfortunately =/
If I am not mistaken

It is illegal to download a game if you don't own it....same thing for an emulator

I own(ed) a n64
I own smash 64...still

So its fine

Let's say I hypotheticaly got a Genesis emulator

that would be illegal since I never owned/own a Genesis

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't say it was illegal, I said it wasn't allowed on the forums.

We're not allowed to post any kind of emulator or ROM on the forums.

Oh and Koro, I'm pretty sure that's not true. It has been spread around alot, but as far as I know it's completely false.

Here's the link: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Kniram

Smash Rookie

On the right there's a box that says "GamePad" select the scrollbox and your controller SHOULD show up there. if it doesn't make sure you have the rights drivers installed.

I'm running into this problem. Which drivers are the right ones?

Top Bottom