• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Official Professor Kawashima for Brawl Thread~

Smashbros2000

Banned via Administration
Kawashima would look like he'd just have projectiles for his moveset......

With maybe his tounge being his only physical attack....(SICK)

NO! I can't take it! This has bad idea written all over it. People probably suggested Kawashima to get their lulz and Sakurai jumped all over that. :urg:
I think people wants Kawashima to be in Brawl. Cause of the popularity of Brain Age

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah, If there was going to be a floating head as a character it would have been Andross, oops guess what?

Thread over, i win. My logic is flawless, your opinions are bull**** and i hae the power of Gork and Mork with me.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Kawashima as a head doesn't really work, but if they gave him two hands a la Andross, he would make an excellent fighter.

Kawashima's head would be about the size of DK, and would be about Link's weight. His hands would have permanent super armor, but hitting his hands while in the middle of an attack would cancel the attack.

His A attacks would revolve around his absurd range (he would essentially be a long-range melee fighter), and his smashes would involve headbutting or just plain smashing people with his head. To compensate for his range, his attacks would have lower-than-average knockback, requiring him to get closer to KO with his more powerful smashes. His aerials probably wouldn't be that great, but a cool Dair would be throwing his hands below him, grabbing someone, and falling on them.

Grabs would have excellent range (about the same as Samus' Extended Grapple) but low knockback as well. However, his grabs are fairly quick, and he is an excellent chainthrower against heavy targets.

B moves:

B: Equation - Kawashima throws his hands out to the left and right (same distance as his grab), and grabs up to two people. He then completes a random equation, and deals damage equal to the answer to both characters. If the answer is negative, it recovers them a bit. -5 to 30% damage, no knockback.

Side B: Stylus Swipe - Pulls out a stylus from nowhere and swings it in an arc in front of him. The stylus deals 10% damage with little knockback (like Mario's cape), and a black trail is left that you can't move through. It dissipates in about 5 seconds.

Down B: Dual Screens - Kawashima projects a transparent copy of himself in front of him. The copy can negate up to 15% damage, but if it absorbs more than 25% in one hit (ie. a Falcon Punch or Bowser Fsmash), it throws Kawashima into a broken shield animation. The attack has little prelag, but the copy has to fade away (which takes about half a second) before Kawashima can move again.

Up B: Microphone - Kawashima turns around and blows into an invisible microphone. This attack has about the same speed and distance as Melee Ness' PK Thunder, but Kawashima's head deals 10% damage with high priority to any direct attacks.

Alternate Recovery: Tether Grab - Kawashima throws his hands toward the nearest ledge. If his head is within a certain distance (about the same as Mewtwo's Teleport), the recovery is successful.

Final Smash: Your Brain Age - The characters are teleported to a Brain Age-esque screen. All characters excluding Kawashima must complete three multiple-choice questions in rapid succession (using the Control Pad to select answers). After the questions are done, Kawashima gives them their "Brain Age" (how much damage they were dealt), and normal play resumes. The FS deals 20% damage regardless, but each wrong answer adds another 20% to the total as well as 1 second of stun once they return to the battlefield.

See? It can be done.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Too bad the first sentence of your posts destroys Kawashima's chances.

Kawashima as a head doesn't really work, but if they gave him two hands a la Andross, he would make an excellent fighter.
Think about it.

Shuma

Smash Hero

I think it's very fair to say that Andross is much more popular, since he has existed since what? around 15 years?

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice

Kawashima's head would be about the size of DK, and would be about Link's weight. His hands would have permanent super armor, but hitting his hands while in the middle of an attack would cancel the attack.

His A attacks would revolve around his absurd range (he would essentially be a long-range melee fighter), and his smashes would involve headbutting or just plain smashing people with his head. To compensate for his range, his attacks would have lower-than-average knockback, requiring him to get closer to KO with his more powerful smashes. His aerials probably wouldn't be that great, but a cool Dair would be throwing his hands below him, grabbing someone, and falling on them.

Grabs would have excellent range (about the same as Samus' Extended Grapple) but low knockback as well. However, his grabs are fairly quick, and he is an excellent chainthrower against heavy targets.

B moves:

B: Equation - Kawashima throws his hands out to the left and right (same distance as his grab), and grabs up to two people. He then completes a random equation, and deals damage equal to the answer to both characters. If the answer is negative, it recovers them a bit. -5 to 30% damage, no knockback.

Side B: Stylus Swipe - Pulls out a stylus from nowhere and swings it in an arc in front of him. The stylus deals 10% damage with little knockback (like Mario's cape), and a black trail is left that you can't move through. It dissipates in about 5 seconds.

Down B: Dual Screens - Kawashima projects a transparent copy of himself in front of him. The copy can negate up to 15% damage, but if it absorbs more than 25% in one hit (ie. a Falcon Punch or Bowser Fsmash), it throws Kawashima into a broken shield animation. The attack has little prelag, but the copy has to fade away (which takes about half a second) before Kawashima can move again.

Up B: Microphone - Kawashima turns around and blows into an invisible microphone. This attack has about the same speed and distance as Melee Ness' PK Thunder, but Kawashima's head deals 10% damage with high priority to any direct attacks.

Alternate Recovery: Tether Grab - Kawashima throws his hands toward the nearest ledge. If his head is within a certain distance (about the same as Mewtwo's Teleport), the recovery is successful.

Final Smash: Your Brain Age - The characters are teleported to a Brain Age-esque screen. All characters excluding Kawashima must complete three multiple-choice questions in rapid succession (using the Control Pad to select answers). After the questions are done, Kawashima gives them their "Brain Age" (how much damage they were dealt), and normal play resumes. The FS deals 20% damage regardless, but each wrong answer adds another 20% to the total as well as 1 second of stun once they return to the battlefield.

See? It can be done.
I like your set, but I'm thinking something more out there for my impressions of him. I can't help but shake the image of the head floating around and shooting some kind of epic death-laser from his mouth. I like your idea for a Neutral B move, so maybe in place of the Down B?

I figure, if he were to be in, the absurdity of having a floating head as a character would be his greatest asset. He would have a totally different playstyle, mechanically, than any other character and would also be something completely new to the series.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's weird, It seems that looking at sakurai's poll it suggests that kawashima actually might become a pc and while I do like the character....I'm completly baffeled as to how his moveset would look like. Sure you may say he'll throw maths equations.....but seriously? Maths equations!?

It would be cool to play as a floating head though......I'd rather play as Prof. Lobe from Brain academy however.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
i really think Dr. Lobe is likely to come in, maybe as a pc (so they have a rep for their educational series), i think his reactins would be like Mr. G&W... WTF!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's me being sarcastic, i cannot imagine how people whant that in Brawl.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you rather have this guy?

Well....he could use his stick to whack fighters.....and he does have a body. Kawashima lacks both of these things.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ok, for one, who said that Sakurai would not have put things on the poll if he couldn't do something with them? He put a lot of third party stuff on it that he did not have the rights or anything to yet, so those might have been completely impossible. No where does it say that everything on the poll has potential for something. DISREGARD VOTES, DISREGARD MENTIONS, would you REALLY want a character like chain chomp, Koopa Troopa, or Link's Uncle as PLAYABLE? No, you wouldn't, so why have them on the poll? He obviously had things other than playable characters in mind, it actually looks more like he was also thinking in terms of stages, ATs, items, and the works, not just characters. Thus, the poll meaning he had potential for playable = fail.

How can you compare Capitan Falcon to a floating head with no body? Sure, he was just a race car driver before SSB64, but he was the main character in a popular Nintendo series. Now, it's hard to say Kawashima is the main character in those games since there is no plot or anything behind it. They could have used the original Andross and still had a floating head, or used nearly anything. You can hardly consider him a character.

I doubt he will be in the game at all. There is not a single piece of evidence that stands for him to be playable, and hardly any he would be in the game at all. I foresee the poll being mentioned in reply to this, but look at some of the other characters that got voted for as much or more than him... and that basically kills the vote argument.

I also think that Andross would have been first choice for a playable floating head... but meh.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you rather have this guy?

Well....he could use his stick to whack fighters.....and he does have a body. Kawashima lacks both of these things.
I'd rather have neither! Seriously this crazy suggestions only started when the DS icon surfaced, why can't people understand that the DS icon shouldn't have a character because all of them would suck?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'd rather have neither! Seriously this crazy suggestions only started when the DS icon surfaced, why can't people understand that the DS icon shouldn't have a character because all of they would suck?
Sad though. People are taking Brawl and wanting playable characters that are just floating heads, and blobs of stuff that can whack people with a small stick...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How do you know they'd suck? I'm not overly for either of them really but I'd be willing to give them a chance.

You don't know if they'd suck, you didn't get an early play test of the game or anything did you? So you can't really say they'd suck.

Gosh I hate it when people state things like they're fact, they're just assumptions :(

vesperview

Smash Hero
How do you know they'd suck? I'm not overly for either of them really but I'd be willing to give them a chance.

You don't know if they'd suck, you didn't get an early play test of the game or anything did you? So you can't really say they'd suck.

Gosh I hate it when people state things like they're fact, they're just assumptions :(
I honestly don't give a crap if they had the terrific moveset or were more overpowered than Sheik, they suck in appearance either way, I don't want a stupid blob with a stick or a stupid floating head to be playable just so that the DS has an icon, is ridiculous.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I honestly don't give a crap if they had the terrific moveset or were more overpowered than Sheik, they suck in appearance either way, I don't want a stupid blob with a stick or a stupid floating head to be playable just so that the DS has an icon, is ridiculous.
Well it's not all about what you think is it? There's people out there that will want these characters, There are many characters that I don't like but I would like them to be in brawl because many other people want them in.

Super Smash bros brawl doesn't revolve around just what you think. :ohwell:

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well it's not all about what you think is it? There's people out there that will want these characters, There are many characters that I don't like but I would like them to be in brawl because many other people want them in.

That still doesn't change my mind. :p You want characters in because other people do? um... Fail? I guess I'm that selfish. :laugh:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

That does not mean opinions are not allowed. I disagree with a lot of popular opinions about characters, and just because I go against the crowd and don't really want characters like Minda, it doesn't make me change my mind. I personally do not want to see either of those playable as there are much more sensual characters that could take their places (even Minda........) and I see no valid reason why they should be playable. They have game sales but are the two characters even popular? Or is it just the game sales? And even then, Sakurai does not base his decisions on popularity only, we have seen that.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
WHAT THE REPRODUCTION!? HE MIGHT BE PLAYABLE, HE MIGHT NOT BE. SAKURAI COULD MAKE A MOVESET, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. HE MAY BE IN, HE MAY NOT BE. THIS THREAD IS TEH FAILZORZ.

Seriously...stop saying it's impossible. ANY character is possible. jeeze. calm the poop down, everybody, before Kawashima threads are banned at SWF...actually maybeh that would be a good thing so people wouldnt have the same arguments...

jeeze...

TEH SUHPORTOR: HEZ KAPTAIN FALCUN.
TEH ANTIZORZ: HEZ A YOUSLESS PHLOATING HED.

the only argument isnt an argument: he might get in, he might not. any moveset could be created for anybody. it could be done. heck, they could even give him a body. it's possible.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
"Oh, I'll pretend to be intelligent and imply everyone in this thread is a n00b that can't spell":psycho:

He will be an AT, sales and popularity are not the only factors to have a character be playable, deal with it!
i didnt say he'd be in. I SAID HE MIGHT BE AND MIGHT NOT BE, AND YOU KNOW IT.

Just so everybody knows: Vespersack is anti-me. If he sees that I created a thread or sees I am the most recent reply, he clicks with the sole intent and reason of trying to flame.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
...is the shouting really necessary? It's really obnoxious to see some kid just yelling about something so... trivial as Smash Bros.

Plus, if you don't want Kawashima as a PC and feel the need to be obnoxious about it, maybe you should have read the first post at some point?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Just so everybody knows: Vespersack is anti-me. If he sees that I created a thread or sees I am the most recent reply, he clicks with the sole intent and reason of trying to flame.
Oh no dude! you pwn yourself, with redundant one line threads, and you're saying he may or may not be, I'm saying he won't be, how simple, I've never flamed you, get a life!

Smashbros2000

Banned via Administration
................ *sigh* ok... I usually try to keep to myself about this kind of ideas... but...

seriously! what kind of idiot would actually think this is a good idea!? he was on the poll... so? Link's Uncle was too. Sakurai knows that he had no chance, so he must have only put him on the list as a joke. Dr. what-ever-the-hell-his-name-is is in the same position. Sakurai probably didn't expect him to be voted for, and isn't planing on making him a character.... and yes, I AM regarding this as fact. sue me.

also, don't use that DS icon crap on me. why would his icon be the DS symbol? wouldn't it be something from his game? like a check mark? just because his game is FOR the DS, doesn't mean he represents the DS. thats a stupid way of thinking, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
i didn't know he has a DS symbol

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Dr. Claw.. has it ever occured to you that you're defending a floating head? I find it silly that I did, but he had no cons other than really having a small possible moveset.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Don't feel bad, he hates me too.

Wu Tang Gang- He is a floating head, but Sakurai can think of just about anything. Or maybe He'll give him a body. Who knows. But I don't find it silly to support Kawashima. reasons:
- On the poll, and was suggested multiple times (He recieved the same amount of votes as Lucas, mind you).
- The DS icon is already out, and that is most likely hinting at a touch-generation character.
- He's freaking awesome.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Again with your trolling vesperview? Jusr face the fact that there are people who want really odd characters in Brawl. What are you going to do? Kill everyone who does not abide to your rules?

Top Bottom