• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Mimirol Thread

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Mimirol is a bunny pokemon and it is the first pokemon that Hikari has caught. In the anime, Hikari's Mimirol currently has a crush on Pikachu and she is very powerful, knowing Ice Beam before it was caught even though they can only learn Ice Beam through TM's in the game. It may become very popular in the future but only time will tell...

Image from Johans Nidorino

Name: Mimirol (or it's currently unknown english name)
Height: 1'04" (same as Pikachu)
Weight: 12.1 lbs (same as Pikachu)

Its stats would be very similar to Pikachu's except it would be slower but have better jumping.

Special Moves
B: Ice Bolt - Mimirol would shoot a single light blue bolt forward. It would deal damage around Pikachu's B attack but it would go straight forward.

B side: Dizzy Punch - Mimirol would spin around and then punch, if an opponent gets hit by it they would be sent slightly upward before landing on the ground in a broken shield state for a few seconds.

B up: Jump Kick - Mimirol would jump upward while doing a flip kick. If she is moving forward in the air, she would do a front flip kick that would meteor smash the opponent but if she is moving backwards in the air, she would do a back flip kick that sends the opponent upward.

B down: Bounce - Mimirol would jump in the air unless she is already in the air (like Bowser's B down), then she would curl into a ball in midair and if she hits the ground in this state, she would bounce on the ground and be sent slightly higher than she was in midair last. If she would hit an opponent while bouncing, she would smash them and uncurl thus canceling this attack. This attack would deal more damage depending on how far Mimiroru is bouncing.

Extreme Attack: Ice Beam - Mimirol would charge up a light blue ball from her mouth for a second, then the ball would send out about 3 tendrils of electric bolts across the stage. the bolts would randomly zig zag until the attack finishes after a few second. If an opponent gets hit by any part of the beam, they would be frozen and smashed upward (like being hit by a Pokeball Articuno except weaker).

Kirby Hat: Kirby would have Mimirol's bunny ears
Entrance: Mimirol would come out of a pokeball
Symbol: Pokeball

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh.. i dunno if this bunny will stand any chance until the D/P anime is released globally. Hikari is the new girl joining Ash's squad (the equivilent to May/Misty) because May left to do other things. she is the girl with blue hair.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Oh, that show is for little kids, grow up and watch something for people over 10. The bunny still stands no chance, no one outside japan likes cute pokemon over "bad arse" ones.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i never said i watch the anime, im just sayin that the only pokemon that stand a chance are ones popular in the anime. the truth is that pokemon that arent popular in the anime dont stand a chance. mewtwo, pikachu, pichu, jigglypuff. they were all popular in the anime. my point is that i got a feeling that this mimirol might become a popular character, i meen its the first pokemon to have a crush on the pokemon mascot pikachu. i would like a bad arse pokemon to get in but the only bad arse pokemon that stand a chance are legendarys that had movies based on them like lucario.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Meowth has been in almost every single episode of the anime and he has been in every movie, always as a main character and sometimes a central plot and he was chosen to present the gamecube. Is he in SSB? NO! He has had a more major role in the anime than Jigglypuff, Pichu and Mewtwo combined.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
maybe thats because he has clearly stated that he isnt the type of pokemon that fights. meh i dont know about meowth. well what do you think? how do you think they judge which pokemon are eligible to be characters? the anime perspective is the best one i can think of. the anime pokemon are more recognisable than other pokemon.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
yeah, but the TR meowth is the brains of TR. He is more of a human than a pokemon. he walks, talks and builds weapons but when it comes to fighting he is practicly useless and iv only seen him use fury swipes. the TR meowth is treated as a joke when it comes to fighting.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Can I just say that people seriously need to stop using the Pokemon anime as a reason for whatever pokemon the want in? They are not going to choose the Pokemon for Brawl by whatever pokemon played whatever small role in whatever episode. They will judge them by overall popularity and suitability, not by anime appearances.

That being said, does this pokemon have the popularity or the hype to actually deserve a space in Brawl? Because it doesn't seem like it's important in the slightest to me. Of course, I don't know anything about pokemon, so I could be wrong. But chances are I'm not.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bah whatever.. i dont really care about this pokemon, i would rather have a badass pokemon but i just think it might be possible. none of the 4th gen pokemon are popular because no 4th gen stuff has been released worldwide yet so... there is no way to tell if this pokemon will be popular. i've just heard about it.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
your a little wrong, in truth, the japanese polls will have more to do with this than american ones. and anime is important, because a roccuring new character is going to attract more attenion.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think she would have Pichu stats (making her faster than Pika. . . .but also lighter). And 4 of your pics are broken.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
yeah, i havnt updated this since (?) so yeah i might get the pics working... if this page gets some more feedback... i would imagine this character to be pretty awkward if you know what i mean. she would be pretty similar to pikachu stat wise though, with a few tweaks. im pretty sure that her ingame stats are similar to pikachu's.

Black/Light

Smash Master
And Im pretty sure Pichu's stats are lower than Pika's in game. . .
She seems like she would be between Pika and Pichu sized.

But her base stats seem (at first glance) to be lower in speed to Pika but higher in power. But I still think Pichu speed would work best (maybe not his stats all together).

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Can I just say that people seriously need to stop using the Pokemon anime as a reason for whatever pokemon the want in? They are not going to choose the Pokemon for Brawl by whatever pokemon played whatever small role in whatever episode. They will judge them by overall popularity and suitability, not by anime appearances.

That being said, does this pokemon have the popularity or the hype to actually deserve a space in Brawl? Because it doesn't seem like it's important in the slightest to me. Of course, I don't know anything about pokemon, so I could be wrong. But chances are I'm not.
Meowth for brawl!!!!

kaid

Smash Master
Seeing as this pokemon has taken Jiggs place as one of the most popular Japaneese pokemon, I could see Jiggs being replaced by it.

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
The D/P games just came out in Japan and America hasn't have a clue about D/P either.

Plus just because it was used by a new Trainer in the Anime' Does not mean it will be in Brawl...Playable.
By your logic I would be saying Beautifly should be playable because May used it in the Anime and was probaly populor.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
The D/P games just came out in Japan and America hasn't have a clue about D/P either.

Plus just because it was used by a new Trainer in the Anime' Does not mean it will be in Brawl...Playable.
By your logic I would be saying Beautifly should be playable because May used it in the Anime and was probaly populor.
you fail to understand the difference between pokeball characters and playables. Beautifly, although it would have been...interesting to see how they would put here, couldnt be a playable, and has a lot more potential as a pokeball character.

his logic is that this pokemon is the equiv of jigglypuff, from what I understand. You fail to realize the Japanese people love cute little puffy pokemon like this ( hence why jiggs was in the other games, and why pichu was in the ssbm). The significance is not the fact that it it used by a trainer, but that it is the first, how do I say this masculanary.....huggable umm cute character that, if you actually care enough to go and view these things on the net, has reoccured, and probably will for the rest of the series.

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
you fail to understand the difference between pokeball characters and playables. Beautifly, although it would have been...interesting to see how they would put here, couldnt be a playable, and has a lot more potential as a pokeball character.

his logic is that this pokemon is the equiv of jigglypuff, from what I understand. You fail to realize the Japanese people love cute little puffy pokemon like this ( hence why jiggs was in the other games, and why pichu was in the ssbm). The significance is not the fact that it it used by a trainer, but that it is the first, how do I say this masculanary.....huggable umm cute character that, if you actually care enough to go and view these things on the net, has reoccured, and probably will for the rest of the series.
So why did Mewtwo get in SSBM?

Wrath`

Smash Master
That bunny=no no no.Pichu will stay.
@ urban Why doesn't someono create a topic called "who should come out of the pokeball?"

Top Bottom