• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Male Wii Fit Trainer Thread

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What could we start the discussion with?... what do you guys think of it? I think it is really cool because this confirms alternate costumes!

General Klenkton

Smash Rookie
I just hope to god that if this is an alt costume, they have a different voice actor for both the male and female...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I don't think it's an alternate costume, somehow...
Since the character is called "Wii Fit Trainer", it could be male or female, also "Villager", I have sure there will be the female option...
This case of alt. costume only applies to them...

grizby2

Smash Lord
aside from the different modles, they share a lot (if not all) of colors and textures, and they're doing the same pose in that picture. kinda strongly suggests he can be an alt costume for WFT. villager♀ might take awhile longer to make, since she'd have a lot more differences in her model (shape and texture wise), but at least there isn't a problem with finding another voice actor. I wonder how WFT♂ will sound like...:dr^_^:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I think the Male Wii Fit Trainer will be swappable with Female Wii Fit Trainer on the selection screen, like Zelda and Sheik, except that they wouldn't be able to transform into each other in combat like Zelda and Sheik.

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
I really wanted male wft just because I think it would be funny to see him doing the moves that were planned more for the female wft
I really hope they keep everything the same lol
Cuz when I saw that picture of feWft sleeping all "flexible" I thought it would be funny to see male do the same

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
I told my brother that if Zelda was bad this time around that I would probably main male wft so we can be a duo wft team for doubles

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm not sure why Sakurai chose to highlight the female trainer as opposed to the male one. Then again, I'm not complaining.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure why Sakurai chose to highlight the female trainer as opposed to the male one. Then again, I'm not complaining.
Probably because she's more popular.

The majority of people chose the girl.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Does WFT even count as a female character anymore?

I mean, technically she can be either male or female. So can Pikachu.

So wouldn't that technically make her a neutral character?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'd argue we can count her as female.

But if we get more costumes like this then I'd consider her an "avatar" character of sorts!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I really wanted male wft just because I think it would be funny to see him doing the moves that were planned more for the female wft
I really hope they keep everything the same lol
Cuz when I saw that picture of feWft sleeping all "flexible" I thought it would be funny to see male do the same
That flexible pose is a real pose used to stretch your back so I do not see how it is that funny, but a clever reference.

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
That flexible pose is a real pose used to stretch your back so I do not see how it is that funny, but a clever reference.
Ya I know it's just that people associate things like flexibility
Yoga and dance with females more than males
I know it's supposed to be gender neutral but for the people that don't it seems more like a female thing
And I would count her as a female character
Because it's being promoted more
I hope olimar gets a Britney costume too lol

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Ya I know it's just that people associate things like flexibility
Yoga and dance with females more than males
I know it's supposed to be gender neutral but for the people that don't it seems more like a female thing
And I would count her as a female character
Because it's being promoted more
I hope olimar gets a Britney costume too lol
Mmm I don't know since Olimar is known to be Olimar where as wii fit trainer could be either and is known to be both. Sakurai's finicky about alternate costumes lessening the uniqueness of a character.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Well, the Pikachu in Smash IS male; he lacks the indent on his tail that females have.

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
Ya but ya it wouldn't make a difference to have the name changed to captain and pikmin
Because originally he was the only captain along with Louis or however you spell his name
But it would be cool if they at least give him a color based on the other captains
Anyways
Mwft is gonna be awesome

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Apparently male WFT is taller, which would change the properties of most of his hitboxes and moves in comparison to female WFT.

Other than that, he clearly seems heavier, which means that the alt. costume would either make no sense or become a completely different character gameplay-wise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found proof that he is an alt and not an assist trophy.

First look at this picture

Now look at all these assists

Notice something? The confirmed assists have fused fingers and an overall low poly count compared to the Playables. The Wii Fit Dude has fully modeled hands. Why put effort into something if you have to load it quick and bog down the game? He's high poly and playable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Probably because she's more popular.

The majority of people chose the girl.
Probably due to the fact the majority of Wii Fit fanbase are women... they relate better with female characters, I guess...

Because of Wii Fit Trainer being in Smash, I decided to get the Wii Fit U + Balance Board bundle... I chose the male trainer... and I did some exercises and mini-games... I like that the Wii Fit Trainer's moves are based the exercises and mini-games from the games... and now I am actually looking forward to playing as my male trainer in SSB4. :awesome:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
When I first saw WFT I really hoped for a male version as well. I'd also love a female Villager costume but that's another story...

Anyway, when I saw that Hii Fit Trainer update, I squealed in joy, hoping that he'll be some sort of alt costume. I'd really love to know Sakurai's reason for adding him, so hopefully he'll comment on the male trainer. Perhaps it's because Sakurai wants to represent both genders, as you can pick which gender your trainer is. Dunno, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I can't see how this is a bad thing (unless if the swap actually changes the trainer's properties, making him better or worse). If anything, the male trainer will help break the stereotype in the West, in which some people associate yoga as a female activity. It will help promote that yoga and aerobics is a practice that benefits all, no matter what gender, shape, and size.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I found proof that he is an alt and not an assist trophy.

First look at this picture

Now look at all these assists

Notice something? The confirmed assists have fused fingers and an overall low poly count compared to the Playables. The Wii Fit Dude has fully modeled hands. Why put effort into something if you have to load it quick and bog down the game? He's high poly and playable.
So...
Palutena confirmed? :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So...
Palutena confirmed? :p
Seems that way. I already went over this on the rumour boards. Remember that she might just be an excellent fake though.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Totally waiting for a "Do you even lift, bro?" meme.
Agreed, someone really needs to get on this. Maybe it'll pick up after the game releases. On topic, though, I'm glad they included Mr. Fit and kept all properties the same. Not sure who I'll use in-game though.

On second thought, Mega Man using the Super Arm on Mr. Fit could qualify as an appropriate use of "Do you even lift?" THIS MUST HAPPEN!

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
I've been using the male Wii Fit Trainer this whole time. Pretty solid difference between the male in the female when it comes to their models and voice acting. Never had an issue mixing them up.

Top Bottom