• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
What is it with the LOL I NEVA PLAYED NESS IN MAI LAIF BUT I SO WANTED HIM TO B BACK FOR W/E REASON, NOW I MUST ***** ON FORUMS TO VENT BECAUSE I CAN...sentiment?
hmm, i dunno. I wasnt aware that I never played as Ness.

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
"His strong up attack is a mentally-powered flip kick."

His strong up attack? Wait...does that mean his Up-Smash or his Up-tilt?

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
I ask because his Down-Smash is referred to specifically as a Smash, but not his up move.

dan smith

Smash Champion
It's true that the move is not called a smash...and it wouldn't be thaaat odd for them to put a tilt on there...considering the fact that they put his bair on as well.

BTW...what about the new sig? Eh? Eh?

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
The absence of PK Love from his special moveset decreases the chance of a Drago FInal Smash. That's too bad.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
I hope Claus has PK Ground.
That would be extra weird. o_O At least Lucas' moves make some sense given that he borrowed them from his party members. Claus really has nothing to do with Kumatora.

PK Love will probably be Lucas' Final Smash, by the looks of it. I, too, was liking the idea of Drago...

PK Freeze is basically PK Flash, yeah, but hopefully better. His special moves as a whole seem like an improvement of Ness'. I'm also hoping for poles/sticks/mystical scepter/metal bat as his forward smash.

Awesome sig, dan smith. ^^

tddavis

Smash Cadet
I have to admit Lucas has a pretty cool Pk Thunder animation, looks like he is going to lay the smack down. I am going to miss the 45 degree angle pk fire, because I hated people would try and avoid it on ramps. I do like how they increase the length of pk fire looking at the effects, looks like it is going to much harder for people to escape from it.

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
I am really disappointed that Lucas gets moves that he doesn't even learn in Mother 3, I mean all those are Kumatora's, but I guess it is possible he could learn them, but I am guessing his Final Smash is going to be PK Love, unless it is his Forward Smash Attack.

But it is good to know his moves.

EDIT: I can of see that one of the big things in Mother 3 was that Lucas, had the power of Love on his side, and his friends, so him using his friends moves and items, just shows more of the meaning of Mother 3, so overall it works for me.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
lucas looks like a more hardcore replacement of Ness.

i hope he still calls out all his attacks though...

"PK FREEZE!"

Voraine

Smash Rookie
So far I think he looks like a much more powerful version of Ness, more Psi oriented. Hopefully next update will reveal if he uses his poles, if so then I will be completely satisfied with Lucas replacing Ness. PK Freeze looks like a huge improvement over PK Flash because in this it freezes them, and all his other moves seem to be equally powerful, plus the rope snake idea seems to put him on an even grabbing par with Link and Samus. All in all, great update.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Yay-uHz Usmash/Dsmash looks more applicable. As for PK freeze....... -_-. PK flash was fun only because you felt like you controlled time when you hit someone perfectly with it.. the Freeze still looks like it's going to be slow and leave you vulnerable, but I dunno. I said this in the Ness thread but seriously, his bat was killa phat! Kuh-CHIIING... love that sound. And fair was domination. Don't keep PK flash/freeze and not keep fair ~_~

Also... in a clip of Brawl Lucas does some sort of upwards attack that's all sparkly and it floats upwards. Is that from one of the update moves? Or is that something else? Looked/sounded/felt cool.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Lucas' PK Fire isnt the same man.

PK Fire EXPLODES for Lucas.

Ness' PK Fire simply went vertical and rapidly burned.

How can you occur they'd be the same when Sakurai said something clearly different?

Also. Ness WILL get a new B moveset.
You watch >:(

Now. About that whole move steal crap. Dont forget, PSI is a technique of attacks. Obviously, sometime around his life he would learn it eventually, like Ness. I cant understand the Rope Snake, however...

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
heypancho- I'm pretty sure that sparkly move is PK Freeze.

axe- I would still have hope too, if it wasn't for the fact that Sakurai pretty much said in all translations that Ness was gone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now. About that whole move steal crap. Dont forget, PSI is a technique of attacks. Obviously, sometime around his life he would learn it eventually, like Ness. I cant understand the Rope Snake, however...
One could say Duster gave it to him but I don't see why.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Lucas' PK Fire isnt the same man.

PK Fire EXPLODES for Lucas.

Ness' PK Fire simply went vertical and rapidly burned.

How can you occur they'd be the same when Sakurai said something clearly different?

Also. Ness WILL get a new B moveset.
You watch >:(

Well he might mean explode as in combust. How come the Mother heroes never get their real moves? I guess this is more proof against Ness' appearance.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
AHH I'm so excited! The day that I thought would never come--it's here! Finally, Lucas' SM! And my, my, my...so much information all at once. His SM look like Ness on PK Steroids, and his physical attacks all look so cool. Seems like the Rope Snake will be a grapple technique, a la Samus and Link.

Best update in a very long time! :bigthumbu

EDIT: Ohh, and Ness's apparent deconfirmation = CLAUS FTW!!!

courte

Smash Lord
oh im so glad they made lucas so different from ness in all aspects-- im now glad there will be nnguo clone e brawl... and im also a monkey
ok admitted that he has a completely different melee style, you gotta admit its still kinda nothing new

Foxtorres

Smash Cadet
oh im so glad they made lucas so different from ness in all aspects-- im now glad there will be nnguo clone e brawl... and im also a monkey
ok admitted that he has a completely different melee style, you gotta admit its still kinda nothing new

it isnt completely different, the similarities to ness' melee moves are uncanny, specially his b-air godly meteor smash, I cant wait to play him!!, and besides its hinted in Mother3 that lucas is ness reincarnate... his moves are very similar to ness' and I am predicting there will be a Ness color scheme for Lucas, maybe, maybe not, its hopeful tho <3

kma23

Smash Apprentice
I have to say lucas is lookinjg better and better every day I plan on sub maining with him ,Ike and Pit.This udate was so awesome that I'm checking it form school.

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
lucas in terms of special moves and other movements, is like ness. like his jump, for example. from the screenshots, he's 2nd jump, his pose looks like ness' 2nd jump.

and in terms of special moves, PK freeze is the same thing as ness' PK Flash, except for the fact that you can freeze people.
PK Thunder is the same as ness', and PK fire is the same as ness' except that it goes stright. And his Down-b is the same as ness' except that it goes in front of lucas, while ness' surrounds him, which in my opinion, is better.
to me lucas is just ness with a slightly different moveset, and has really wierd hair.

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
is it just me or does the PK fire look crazy good??
Giant diagonal pillar or raging fire.. compared to Ness' lil' torch.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
big psychic explosion boring? ...ha

..I hope he summons Claus (brother with a beam sword) and or Boney ( dog ) for a final smash.

Top Bottom