• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Some psychic attack? sorry haven't really played Mother 3.
Then no need to spam the thread even more. Sheesh.

I do think it would be redundant to have both Lucas and Ness. Whenever you say PK Love, people say "FINAL SMASH!" but I would prefer it be one of his special attacks. Maybe even his main.

Edit: Drago in his Final Smash would be perfect!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then no need to spam the thread even more. Sheesh.

I do think it would be redundant to have both Lucas and Ness. Whenever you say PK Love, people say "FINAL SMASH!" but I would prefer it be one of his special attacks. Maybe even his main.

Edit: Drago in his Final Smash would be perfect!
Maybe he could have PK Love as both a special and a Final Smash. Just make the Omega one a Final Smash.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Dude Lucas has all of Ness' attacks. They are only changed a little to suit him. Think of TP Link's moves and how they're an upgrade of Link's. The same thing with Ness. I am really starting to doubt Ness will be in this guy. Everything's pointing to hir removal.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, he HAS PK Fire and PK Thunder...
Ness isn't gone-but he seems unlikely. Too bad he IF HE GETS REPLACED by this guy, it's like replacing a man with a fair-who's lame. However, his up smash is original, his down smash is confirmed, his bAir is semi-original, he has a TETHER RECOVERY? His fB is the smae-but revamped, his nB is new, his up B is the same, and his d B is the same. Too bad Lucas sucks, and Ness doesn't. Watch Pichu be confirmed next, and Ganondorf be cut.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Did I mention Japan-only characters are gay=???
Gay does not equal stupid or lame.

Also Lucas is much cooler than Ness. I like how his standard attacks are more phyisical. And he's got a meteor smash! Look at the bright side....we could get Claus and Kumatora now.

I translated the update from French to English for those still doubting Ness's R.I.P.

You know Ness since its appearance in the series Smash Bros., you will soon adopt Lucas, very similar. They belong to the same family of characters PK.

They have not the same style of fighting physics. What I mean is that they do not use the same standard moves.

dan smith

Smash Champion
It does appear that Ness is gone, more importantly though, Lucas looks like he might be better. Ness always kinda sucked. God I hope that handheld Psi Magnet is better...for some reason it dosen't' look better. It only absorbs directionally? That's some good looking range on PK Thunder though. Rope Snake recovery is even better than Ness' champion edge grab range...although I can't say I was ever very fond of Link or Samus' grapple edge grabs.

The down and up smash....huge improvements over the worst Smash attacks ever.

PK Freeze looks to be a cloned Flash. I hope it still does embaressing amounts of damage.

PK Fire explodes. Awesome. Sideways in the air too...which I prefer.

It's kind of weird that they showed his up and down smash but not his forward....instead they showed his Bair. Which is one of Ness' best finishers...and yes...it has returned.

I'm going to need a new signature

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gay does not equal stupid or lame.

Also Lucas is much cooler than Ness. I like how his standard attacks are more phyisical. And he's got a meteor smash! Look at the bright side....we could get Claus and Kumatora now.
Claus is dumb to-and I've played every single MOTHER game. Ness fights with a bat-Lucas fights with a condom snake.

As for my Japan-only statement, I can honestly say I don't see the need for Japan-only characters. Give me a Western-only character, and I'll say add one Japan-only character. Sakurai is a biased fool, as always towards them. He forgets the rest of the world, obviously. *points at Marth and Roy* Ya, Diddy Kong, Ridley, or some other more important character weren't in Melee-so there's proof. If Takamaru is confirmed next, I might have to form a anti-Japan only character alliance-which will no longer apply to Roy (made a cameo appearance in the first international FE game), and Marth (his 1st game's remake is coming out on the DS-and will be internationally released, like all other FE games).

International Characters > Japan only characters. END OF DISUCUSSION.

O, and at least Ness has a bat. :p

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Claus is dumb to-and I've played every single MOTHER game. Ness fights with a bat-Lucas fights with a condom snake.

As for my Japan-only statement, I can honestly say I don't see the need for Japan-only characters. Give me a Western-only character, and I'll say add one Japan-only character. Sakurai is a biased fool, as always towards them. He forgets the rest of the world, obviously. *points at Marth and Roy* Ya, Diddy Kong, Ridley, or some other more important character weren't in Melee-so there's proof. If Takamaru is confirmed next, I might have to form a anti-Japan only character alliance-which will no longer apply to Roy (made a cameo appearance in the first international FE game), and Marth (his 1st game's remake is coming out on the DS-and will be internationally released, like all other FE games).

Claus is Lame? I'm not even gonna touch this....

Lucas needs no bat. Did you not see the kick arse physical moves? He's even got a meteor smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kamatora isn't going to be the next Mother rep, Lucas' has the moves she could have had...(Ok, she technically COULD have more, but still)

Claus FTW!

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now
OH SNAP :laugh:

But yeah, finally~! I'm glad with how the Rope Snake is used, very true to the game. Even so, none of his special moves are actually his. Oh well. I kinda knew he'd end up borrowing moves, anyway.

He looks like he's going to be an awesome character to use. PK Freeze = utter love.

definitelynotinb4ClausNessandKumatoraspeculation

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly. Ness is like Jesus. He died, so that Claus could live.
Claus is in two chapters of MOTHER 3, and then returns as aboss. (and ignore the 4chan people). Claus and Lucas are nowhere near ras cool as Ness is. This is proof that Sakurai sucks at picking character removals, seriously. If Marth goes down the drain next, expect Dr. Mario and Pichu to return. Then chew on that! :p

vesperview

Smash Hero
Claus is in two chapters of MOTHER 3, and then returns as aboss. (and ignore the 4chan people). Claus and Lucas are nowhere near ras cool as Ness is. This is proof that Sakurai sucks at picking character removals, seriously. If Marth goes down the drain next, expect Dr. Mario and Pichu to return. Then chew on that! :p
Shut up! Ness is GONE, deal with it!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

Please stop whining, you should of seen this coming once Lucas appeared as a newcomers. Why should Japanese have to forfeit one of their favorite characters just so you can have Ness?

Well all the attention Lucas is giving the MOTHER series this could be a great chance to give Nintendo the incentive to bring the MOTHER series out of Japan.

Oh well you'll get over Ness not being in...hopefully.

What is that statement supposed to mean? You are aware that Earthbound was not release world-wide correct?

-Knight

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I'm not anti-ness. He was my main, but I'm going to look forward to maining Lucas. Brawl changes, and so must I. I have no resentment, and nobody else should.

But they will.
Well yah people will be annoyed. It doesnt matter if he keeps the old move set. The main character from my all time favorite game was pulled out of Brawl, you cant expect a "oh well, I dont care"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What is that statement supposed to mean? You are aware that Earthbound was not release world-wide correct?

-Knight
Yes, but it was released in Japan AND North America. And Super Mario RPG isn't a international game-it only came out in Japan and North America as well, and most (myself included) consider Geno to have a reasonable chance. And check the Japanese translation that someone did of it. It's not over til it's over. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, but it was released in Japan AND North America. And Super Mario RPG isn't a international game-it only came out in Japan and North America as well, and most (myself included) consider Geno to have a reasonable chance. And check the Japanese translation that someone did of it. It's not over til it's over. :p
It's a fun game though, download and play it

BentoBox

Smash Master
What is with the LOL NESS SUZ WEV GOT THIS COOL NEW GUY sentiment?
What is it with the LOL I NEVA PLAYED NESS IN MAI LAIF BUT I SO WANTED HIM TO B BACK FOR W/E REASON, NOW I MUST ***** ON FORUMS TO VENT BECAUSE I CAN...sentiment?

Top Bottom